Jenna "Cermet Hermit" Marbles (part 6)

SuperSmashPeach
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jenna "Cermet Hermit" Marbles (part 6)

Post by SuperSmashPeach »

kiran1 wrote:I wonder if she got a mcmansion (I agree it doesn't seem her style), because it's the only way to get as many rooms as she'd want? Idk
lucyandthebanshees wrote:
I wonder if I’ll ever see them at the grocery store or something, lmao.
Don't count on seeing Jenna since she never leaves the house

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
At least she loves being in her garden now. Should only take another decade until she makes it to the grocery store (alone).

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

It's a metaphor for their relationship. Jenna is this beautiful house, built and earned with hardwork. Julien is the crocked rack, out of place, generic and leaning into the spotlight.
I just remember when he first started showing up in her videos, people did not like him. They constantly voiced that in her comments. So it didnt surprise me when he would be over the top lovey dovey and saying he was proud of her every second. I thought that he meant what he was saying, but he was for sure going over board for the cameras. I thought he was a douche back then, and now he's not even trying to hide it.
I think he is aware that he is being called a mooch. There were countless sites talking about it. That can't feel good for anyone to read. But he's young. He quit his job at the radio station to make a career on YouTube, that's fine. But he has also skirted by on Jennas coattails, and there is no denying it. He just needs to work hard on his own to prove himself. If he doesn't, then he'll always be Jenna and Julien, and it will always be her accomplishments. If he's not willing to do that, he has no right to keep getting salty about it.
tkadvil wrote:I wonder what Jenna's video will be this week.
I kind of don't want her to do another one of her house, as much as I love seeing it, since she's already uploaded 2 back to back.. But I also don't want her to go back to her regular shit show videos shes been doing for over a year :?
I would love to see her try synchronize swimming in he pool! But i don't know how comfortable she would be on camera in a bathing suit.

ravenclaw67
Informer
Informer

Post by ravenclaw67 »

lucyandthebanshees wrote:I live about half a mile away from her new house and pass by it almost daily which is really strange to me. It’s a nice neighborhood but it’s not super wealthy or fancy by any means, especially compared to where they could have picked. (I’m not going to share the address or whatever.) I’m surprised they live here and not in the hills like Shane Dawson or something.

I should clarify that I like her but I’m not a regular viewer or super fan so I’m not going to stalk her or even keep a lookout for her anywhere. It was just funny that someone I’ve only ever seen on screen lives in my neighborhood.
The new house is literally 4 minutes from their old one but okay

Tarzzyk
Informer
Informer

Post by Tarzzyk »

Jenna "Rack Off Julien" Marbles

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

Desperado and the Mooch
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

RegulusBlack
Learner
Learner

Post by RegulusBlack »

Nun4GretchenWeiners wrote:Sorry for the double post, but Amazon refunded Julien for the rack and gave him a credit on his account. :roll: Is he going to stop there? Nope, he is going to get back in touch with Amazon, and see who they are buying these crooked racks from. The thing is, Jenna even said that there was nothing wrong with the rack at the old house. Also someone on twitter posted a picture of it from the other house, and it was straight. So either it got damaged in the move or Julien bent it. Jenna looked really annoyed that he was doing all of this. He's such an asshole, just because people pointed out the rack in his video.
I hate he's doing this because you just know someone is going to see the video and think that's acceptable behaviour and go make a scene out of nothing like he did. It's already horrible being a retail worker and at Amazon, too, and customers definitely don't need to be even more badly behaved. I don't care about multimillion corporations losing money but at least you could stop wasting an employees time by being a brat over your own mistakes. This is just going to make the entitled youtuber and their rabid fans phenomenon worse when people see they can get away with being shitty and benefit from it.

lucyandthebanshees
Learner
Learner

Post by lucyandthebanshees »

ravenclaw67 wrote:
lucyandthebanshees wrote:I live about half a mile away from her new house and pass by it almost daily which is really strange to me. It’s a nice neighborhood but it’s not super wealthy or fancy by any means, especially compared to where they could have picked. (I’m not going to share the address or whatever.) I’m surprised they live here and not in the hills like Shane Dawson or something.

I should clarify that I like her but I’m not a regular viewer or super fan so I’m not going to stalk her or even keep a lookout for her anywhere. It was just funny that someone I’ve only ever seen on screen lives in my neighborhood.
The new house is literally 4 minutes from their old one but okay
what does that have to do with what I said?

Mads07
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mads07 »

Might be a dumb question, but why is it called a mcmansion? Not just a mansion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissPrissyPriss
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by MissPrissyPriss »

Mads07 wrote:Might be a dumb question, but why is it called a mcmansion? Not just a mansion

Kind of like Gucci slides vs vintage Chanel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Same shit, different day

Cacti
Learner
Learner

Post by Cacti »

Just watched the podcast. Julien said: "Casablanca is a shorthand term for love. Like people say 'Look at that Casablanca over there'."

Did... Did he mean Casanova? :rofl:

VonTrappJediMaster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VonTrappJediMaster »

Roxyblonde451 wrote:
WanderlustX3 wrote:

Lol that's crazy. That would be an odd run in at the grocery store. :D
Only if you shop at the Gelsons on Van Nuys Blvd. I've seen Julien there, but I only care about Jenna, so I didn't run up to him.
It was midday anyway when I saw him on my lunch break (I used to work up the street).
Oh damn NOW I know where they live. I'm like 15 minutes from them haha I hope to see her one day at Ulta lol

Roxyblonde451
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Roxyblonde451 »

VonTrappJediMaster wrote:
Roxyblonde451 wrote:
WanderlustX3 wrote:

Lol that's crazy. That would be an odd run in at the grocery store. :D
Only if you shop at the Gelsons on Van Nuys Blvd. I've seen Julien there, but I only care about Jenna, so I didn't run up to him.
It was midday anyway when I saw him on my lunch break (I used to work up the street).
Oh damn NOW I know where they live. I'm like 15 minutes from them haha I hope to see her one day at Ulta lol
She mentioned in a video she'd only been to Ulta the one time. You'd have a better shot seeing her at Beauty Collection on Riverside drive since that's where she gets all her fuckery supplies when she's about to do something to her hair, face, or nails.

Post by Guest »

Watched a bit of the podcast before nodding off. Really nice to hear that both Jenna AND Julien are getting out in their backyard and soaking up some rays. Probably feels good to be in their own home. And they said they went swimming too. Hopefully this will help Jenna get out of the house more. I fully get her not wanting to go in the backyard or anything at the old house. The grass was fucked, it wasn’t even very big, the walls weren’t that high, looked like the houses were stacked on top of each other. The new house has a bit more room outside so she probably feels safer going out too.

I have to wonder if her extreme seclusion has anything to do with how fans kept showing up at their house. Three times? That would be enough for me to not want to go outside.

RegulusBlack
Learner
Learner

Post by RegulusBlack »

Mads07 wrote:Might be a dumb question, but why is it called a mcmansion? Not just a mansion

(images from http://mcmansionhell.com/)

Basically McMansions are overpriced houses that aim to look upscale except they're actually cursed real estate because the builders cut corners on design and materials so they end up looking like an expensive mess. They might have pools and other luxuries but then also 6 different types of windows. They're for petit bourgeoisie who want to think they're getting their money's worth. It's common for youtubers to live in McMansion hell, right?

Hem848484
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hem848484 »

I wouldn’t classify their house as a McMansion. It looked well built and the style was cohesive.

Hem848484
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hem848484 »

Sorry for the dp, but what is the deal with that he mastic choker?? Does it have sentimental value? I hate it and just want her to take it off!

SuperchicDeadpool
Talker
Talker

Post by SuperchicDeadpool »

Hem848484 wrote:Sorry for the dp, but what is the deal with that he mastic choker?? Does it have sentimental value? I hate it and just want her to take it off!
She's talked about how much she loves it before, no particular reason that I remember she just really likes the look of it.
"I have so many gooooaaals but my drunkenness gets in the way of them!" - Hannah Hart <3

Post by Guest »

That fucking McMansion breakdown with the pictures had me fucking internally cackling. I love that.
I'd say hers is a cross between a McMansion and some run of the mill cookie cutter house made by rich people.

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

It's a McMansion. Most of those YouTubers live in them. :roll:

Mads07
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mads07 »

Thanks for the breakdown of the McMansion! I noticed a ton of YouTuber houses looked the same but never knew there was a name for it

Return to “JennaMarbles”