Jenna Basket(ballgametomorrow)Case Solomita (Part 5)

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Jenna Basket(ballgametomorrow)Case Solomita (Part 5)

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

Mental illness needs to stop being such a taboo subject. People are struggling and hurting everyday. We need to make getting help and access to proper treatment and medication easier to attain. We also need to take the stigma out of it, especially for men who we view as weak when they are depressed. I also hope that Julien has a good support system to deal with his grief. The hardest part is after the funeral and goodbyes you realize that everything around you keeps going. The days keep going by, people are laughing and living and going on with their lives. And you're still trying to make sense of it all and tend to get stuck. If making content helps him that's great. But I also hope he takes time if he needs it to just be, without any cameras and process everything. Just my thoughts about that.
Jennas video was so fun. I liked the Velcro idea for the curtain. It was nice to see her so proud of herself.

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by lalal0ve »

First off, I really loved Jenna’s new video. Ad is super adorable and reminds me of my little hammy. I too wish I could afford a huge Aquariam like that! I made him a huuuuge diy cage though lol.

Second, I feel for Julien and I hope he at least tries to get some therapy maybe or take some time off. I had a close call with myself & also my best friend.

It’s hard. And exhausting.

Kudos to him for putting suicide prevention hotline numbers for multiple countries in his description. I really hope this helps some people.

Maybe, in a morbid way, this will help him mature. And become more tolerable but that may be a bit much to ask in this time.

I really hope Jenna sees the positive reaction to her videos and continues to do more solo videos.

spaceunicorn
Learner
Learner

Post by spaceunicorn »

damn, I feel for Julie so much. I've never lost someone to suicide and I can't imagine what it's like. I always even feel horrible for celebrities that commit suicide, like just the fact that they were so alone and saw no other outcome.

I do honestly hope he takes some more time off, he said he's back etc but it doesn't really feel like he's in the right mindset still to be fulltime entertaining people again right, the entire video was still supersad.

shmimeathands
Learner
Learner

Post by shmimeathands »

monak wrote:Any idea what happened to their friend Brandon?

per juliens video, he committed suicide. Awful. i know too well what julien/brandons loved ones are going through, the feelings of guilt and sadness stay with you for ever ):

Morgendorffer
Talker
Talker

Post by Morgendorffer »

monak wrote:Any idea what happened to their friend Brandon?
suicide, Julien posted a video about it.

revenga
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by revenga »

I almost cried watching the video. Honestly I just hope he grabs Jenna and live their lives a little more, be with people and make memories outside video games. They both should be in therapy and I wish them the very best! I would love for Jenna to get out of the funk she seems to be in...

ravenclaw67
Informer
Informer

Post by ravenclaw67 »

Lilly_paddycake wrote:Also does anyone have some name suggestions for part 6?
I fully support "Jenna "Codependent" Marbles"

Or anything that remarks on how unhealthy their relationship is.

Jenna "can't do anything without Julien" Marbles.

Jenna "so much better without Julien" Marbles.

Jenna GIRL LEAVE HIM (have u lost ur) Marbles.

dew
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dew »

Jenna Can't Be Solo Marbles

SuperSmashPeach
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by SuperSmashPeach »

I have yet to watch her solo podcast but this week's video was an absolute delight for both eyes and ears! No weird voices, no sad Jenna. And why? Because Julien wasn't part of the video. That's all it took. I hope she keeps it up. Ad is so cute and you can tell she loves the little dude. It was good to see her happy when she felt good about putting the wooden wallpaper and curtain on the cage. This is the Jenna I know and love. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep it up!!! It seems that all it takes is to keep Julien out of the room. It can't be that hard?! I am very sorry for Julien's loss, I never lost a friend or family member under such circumstances but it must be hard for him to recover from that. As much as I can't stand him, I don't wish him harm. I hope he stays offline for a little while longer, maybe for his own sake and Jenna's sake. This week she was able to unleash her full potential again. Don't let go of it, Jenna!

smartilense
Learner
Learner

Post by smartilense »

This week's content from Jenna was fantastic. Proof that Julien doesn't have good chemistry with her. Jenna is more than capable of doing things on her own, she needs to step up.

As for Julien, I'm not particularly fond of him, but what he is going through is absolutely tragic. I don't wish him harm and hope he gets some help to deal with this profound loss, especially given that the loss was of someone young.

Kale Contour
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kale Contour »

Title idea: Jenna Marbles (Not Sold Separately)

revenga
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by revenga »

NeuroticNeurontin wrote:
SuperSmashPeach wrote:I have yet to watch her solo podcast but this week's video was an absolute delight for both eyes and ears! No weird voices, no sad Jenna. And why? Because Julien wasn't part of the video. That's all it took. I hope she keeps it up. Ad is so cute and you can tell she loves the little dude. It was good to see her happy when she felt good about putting the wooden wallpaper and curtain on the cage. This is the Jenna I know and love. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep it up!!! It seems that all it takes is to keep Julien out of the room. It can't be that hard?! I am very sorry for Julien's loss, I never lost a friend or family member under such circumstances but it must be hard for him to recover from that. As much as I can't stand him, I don't wish him harm. I hope he stays offline for a little while longer, maybe for his own sake and Jenna's sake. This week she was able to unleash her full potential again. Don't let go of it, Jenna!
He still took the time to edit and cut a video after his friends death.. pathetic in my opinion!!! If I lost someone the last place I’d be is on social media. Sorry but jmo
Did he really? I dont see why Jenna couldnt do it herself, the podcast barely has any editing. She could also give it to someone to do it, I actually dont believe that he did it.

SuperSmashPeach
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by SuperSmashPeach »

revenga wrote:
NeuroticNeurontin wrote:
SuperSmashPeach wrote:I have yet to watch her solo podcast but this week's video was an absolute delight for both eyes and ears! No weird voices, no sad Jenna. And why? Because Julien wasn't part of the video. That's all it took. I hope she keeps it up. Ad is so cute and you can tell she loves the little dude. It was good to see her happy when she felt good about putting the wooden wallpaper and curtain on the cage. This is the Jenna I know and love. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep it up!!! It seems that all it takes is to keep Julien out of the room. It can't be that hard?! I am very sorry for Julien's loss, I never lost a friend or family member under such circumstances but it must be hard for him to recover from that. As much as I can't stand him, I don't wish him harm. I hope he stays offline for a little while longer, maybe for his own sake and Jenna's sake. This week she was able to unleash her full potential again. Don't let go of it, Jenna!
He still took the time to edit and cut a video after his friends death.. pathetic in my opinion!!! If I lost someone the last place I’d be is on social media. Sorry but jmo
Did he really? I dont see why Jenna couldnt do it herself, the podcast barely has any editing. She could also give it to someone to do it, I actually dont believe that he did it.
i don't see why this is bad if it keeps his mind off of things? everyone is grieving differently, maybe he isn't the type of person to just sit there, do nothing and get lost in thoughts. being part of videos and posting them is one thing, editing is another.

Photosynthesis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Photosynthesis »

NeuroticNeurontin wrote:
People are allowed to pick up their lives after they lose someone. What is the guy supposed to do? Curl up in bed and cry all day for weeks? That’s just unhealthy. He took a break for a week and him “having time to edit and cut a video” after that week doesn’t mean he isn’t still grieving.

mrsoscarwilde
Talker
Talker

Post by mrsoscarwilde »

NeuroticNeurontin wrote:
Oh right cause everyone mourns exactly the same right???

I'm sorry but this is a super assholey thing for you to say. The guy has already been out for the count for a week. He (understandably) looked rough as hell in that video, and it's not like it was some super polished production. He literally put a couple cuts in there. You do realise some people's way of grieving is to try and get back to some semblance of normalcy as soon as they can, right? Like not everyone has to sink into an incurable depression for weeks on end. I know this might be hard for you to hear but not everyone thinks or works the same as you. Broaden your mind a little bit. Jesus.

I've said before I don't hate Julien like some of y'all seem to, and I'm not saying you're wrong for not liking him because you're entitled to feel however you want but can we not have a little bit of basic human compassion?? Ffs this is a 25 year old young man who's lost somebody he clearly loved very much to one of the most awful ways you can lose somebody. Give the kid some time to grieve and heal without criticising him for not doing it how your close mind thinks he should.

jenzidude
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jenzidude »

I know I’m gonna get a lot of crap from this, but frankly I don’t care. And sure, I don’t know Juliens personal life so this is just my opinion and thoughts, not the absolute truth: I think Brandon used to be a close friend to his, not anymore. I lost my best friend (and everyone knew we were exactly that) 2 years ago due to an accident. I hate people who try to gain sympathy from other peoples death. Why did he have to post photos of him now, not ever before? Did the relatives really want his photos, his name and cause of death to be so public. When my friend died, so many people were crying on social media about it, saying how amazing of a person she was (and she was ofc). But interestingly enough, those people never had any contact with her while she wa alive (ok maybe like yeaaars ago). He could just talk about suicide prevention in a general sense and not tey to gain something out of this. Made me dislike him even more.
But then again, I’m an emotionless person. If my best friend from high school, whom I have no contact with anymore, suddenly died I would feel selfish crying about on social media because the real symphaties should go to the family, not me, I should not get attention for it.
I guess he just feels regret because he wasn’t there for him.

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by melissa1983 »

I loved yesterday's video. She didn't act over the top like she does in other videos. I miss this version Jenna. Ad is adorable and you can tell she loves that little guy. The finished tank at the end was so awesome.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

Continue here for new thread, Part 6!
viewtopic.php?f=306&t=33531

Return to “JennaMarbles”