Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Laura Shitale/Size 2 Beige Thief - Part 4

Post by curvycarrot »

Stitcher73 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:07 am
curvycarrot wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:18 pm
Laura has a terrible relationship with her mother so I am not surprised she wants to be besties with her daughter. I just hope she gives the girl some space when needed.

I just cannot believe how OUTDATED her blog or website STILL IS! It looks like a website from the mid/late 2000s. There's only 1 picture of the recipe and it's not there once you click onto the link, just the YouTube video. It's like the website was created by a person who does not like food.

I'm glad they finally went away with the wood table and red napkin set up for the dishes lol.

The stage kitchen is also not inviting as well. It looks like a staged kitchen on the Food Network during the early 2000s. Very Rachel Ray.
Does she have a bad relationship w/her mother? Why? And why has she never said why they sent her to America to live with her father?
Yes she has a pretty awkward relationship with her mother. She treats her nona more like her mother tbh. I'm not sure about the "Why" but I am more sure that you can find the info on that throughout her much older threads.

I'm also not sure why she was sent to America but I swear that too was also heavily discussed when her threads were much more active!

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

If my memory serves me correctly.... and this is a big if. When her parents divorced, her dad moved to the states, and Laura went with him. She worked at his pizza place. Maybe there was drama with the divorce, and Laura sided with her dad. I've never seen her speak an ill word of him. But doesn't say much about her mother.
.......meow.......

lurkerloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkerloo »

curvycarrot wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:18 pm
Laura has a terrible relationship with her mother so I am not surprised she wants to be besties with her daughter. I just hope she gives the girl some space when needed.

I just cannot believe how OUTDATED her blog or website STILL IS! It looks like a website from the mid/late 2000s. There's only 1 picture of the recipe and it's not there once you click onto the link, just the YouTube video. It's like the website was created by a person who does not like food.

I'm glad they finally went away with the wood table and red napkin set up for the dishes lol.

The stage kitchen is also not inviting as well. It looks like a staged kitchen on the Food Network during the early 2000s. Very Rachel Ray.
I honestly thought she was much older than she is because of how outdated everything is. I just don't get it. Especially when she showed her upstairs kitchen and it's gorgeous.

Stitcher73
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Stitcher73 »

mzkitteh wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:38 pm
If my memory serves me correctly.... and this is a big if. When her parents divorced, her dad moved to the states, and Laura went with him. She worked at his pizza place. Maybe there was drama with the divorce, and Laura sided with her dad. I've never seen her speak an ill word of him. But doesn't say much about her mother.
I recall her saying "I was sent to live in America with my father." Then saying something like the reason is very private and personal. Weirdness.

no_strings
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by no_strings »

I just discovered this trainwreck of a woman while searching YT for a good garlic bread recipe. I'm sure it's been said loads on here but her...fucking...voice. Wtf is it??? Is it some affected accent? Holy hell.
Gurus are like that friend/partner/family member that you constantly walk on eggshells around, because they get offended at the drop of a hat. The ones you blink at funny and they never speak to you again :tu:

Nelehrr
Debater
Debater

Post by Nelehrr »

What a bitch. She's doing a prep with me/countdown to thanksgiving on her Instagram. She is getting so pissy and threatening to shut off her DM's because too many people are asking her questions. Like that is your job honey. You are a social media person. You chose to do this "series". Excuse me that people have questions.

Stitcher73
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Stitcher73 »

Nelehrr wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:54 am
What a bitch. She's doing a prep with me/countdown to thanksgiving on her Instagram. She is getting so pissy and threatening to shut off her DM's because too many people are asking her questions. Like that is your job honey. You are a social media person. You chose to do this "series". Excuse me that people have questions.
She wasn't pissy; she was very kind about it. She's trying to help people plan and prep a large meal but she can not possibly help every single person with timing (when to put this in the oven, when to start preparing this, etc) and answer every single question. Some people need to get off their behinds and do some planning for themselves. I think what she's doing is a very lovely gesture.

And I am not her biggest fan. But in this case I support her.

Nelehrr
Debater
Debater

Post by Nelehrr »

Stitcher73 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:25 am
Nelehrr wrote:
She wasn't pissy; she was very kind about it. She's trying to help people plan and prep a large meal but she can not possibly help every single person with timing (when to put this in the oven, when to start preparing this, etc) and answer every single question. Some people need to get off their behinds and do some planning for themselves. I think what she's doing is a very lovely gesture.

All she had to do was talk about how to pre-plan for whatever time your dinner is and a lot of the questions would have been answered by that. For example, saying for an unstuffed turkey/chicken cook it at this temp and plan for x amount of time per pound depending on your oven. Then people can figure out when they need to start.

I read back through all the threads and saw people talk about her nasty side and I finally saw it.

Stitcher73
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Stitcher73 »

Nelehrr wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:31 am
Stitcher73 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:25 am
Nelehrr wrote:

All she had to do was talk about how to pre-plan for whatever time your dinner is and a lot of the questions would have been answered by that. For example, saying for an unstuffed turkey/chicken cook it at this temp and plan for x amount of time per pound depending on your oven. Then people can figure out when they need to start.

I read back through all the threads and saw people talk about her nasty side and I finally saw it.
I have mentioned her nasty side too but I just disagree that she was being nasty this time. We just see this differently.

theillusivewoman
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by theillusivewoman »

Why does she look better "casually" filming in her everyday kitchen than filming in her studio wearing garish, frumpy clothes lol

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

theillusivewoman wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:25 am
Why does she look better "casually" filming in her everyday kitchen than filming in her studio wearing garish, frumpy clothes lol
I too don't understand why she keeps filming in that ugly 80s style kitchen when her real kitchen is much nicer and has much better natural lighting. Her daughter is cute!

jess1121
Informer
Informer

Post by jess1121 »

i watched her new pie recipe because a girl loves pie and her real kitchen is thw winner! i mean i get don't work where you play but at least redo the studio ones it reminds of like 90s full house

Mamadrama
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Mamadrama »

Can we bring this back? Cuz she’s been extra uptight and full of herself lately and I’m getting major witchy attitudes from her

Heretogossip33
Talker
Talker

Post by Heretogossip33 »

Mamadrama wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:47 pm
Can we bring this back? Cuz she’s been extra uptight and full of herself lately and I’m getting major witchy attitudes from her

Yes! Let’s! Can we start here? How is this an “even partnership?” Wtf does she do other than cook and clean and shill her copied recipes? Oh and now all of a sudden she’s an influencer sharing and posting links all the damn time. I can’t… and her voice is beyond irritating.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Laura Vitale”