[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]
Credit:amazingfiru

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by manged »

sweetmm wrote:How the hell does he gets nominated all the time for awards?
Seriously. There have to be some behind-the-scenes industry politics responsible for it (like nearly all awards tbh).

Sure, despite being a snooze, he is still fairly popular and has a loyal fanbase that will rush to a website to vote and/or sit and watch the award show to see if he won. But he's also got a good team backing him and getting him all these opportunities... I think these nominations are just another one of these opportunities that come with strong industry connections.

Maybe someone who actually knows about the entertainment industry can confirm and elaborate or correct any inaccuracies.

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

His last video sucked. I hate when he does those self help/"poetry"/"art" videos..they come across as pretentious and just dumb.

I was talking about Connor with my friend and she said she doesn't like him because he lacks personality and charisma..I have to agree. I wonder what Troye sees in him because he is incredibly dull to me.

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by smars27 »

This title. :o

Connor has some super-invested fans, and he is their fave, and aren't most of those lists about favorites? Their are a lot of girls that treat guys in a "secret/implied" ship like the second coming (Dean/Sam from Supernatural, Dan&Phil, etc) for some reason as well.

loxias
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by loxias »

Well, Connor does quite well for someone lacking personality and / or charisma. Actually I find Troye to be the most boring of the two by a large margin.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Commenting to follow.

itsmia
Talker
Talker

Post by itsmia »

It's ridiculous that Connor and Troye are STILL not open about dating each other. Sometimes I swear it looks like they're ashamed. They've been together for TWO YEARS (well.. almost anyway). I could understand them taking it slow at first and not wanting to be open about it, but now?! Wth?!

And before you say I just want them to be honest because I ship them, that's not the case at all. I just want them to be honest because I'm sick of the lies. Also.. I really don't think this is something they should hide. I just want them to say "yes, we're dating, but we would like to keep our private lives to ourselves", something along those lines. And then if they never talked about it again I would be cool with that.

Sent fra min D6603 via Tapatalk

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

itsmia wrote: I just want them to say "yes, we're dating, but we would like to keep our private lives to ourselves", something along those lines. And then if they never talked about it again I would be cool with that.
With the recent boyfriend mention from both Connor and Troye, I think they're working toward that. They're steps ahead of some other YT "secret" couples who either milk the mystery or just go years pretending it isn't obvious they're together.

meiveen
Lurker
Lurker

Post by meiveen »

manged wrote:
itsmia wrote: I just want them to say "yes, we're dating, but we would like to keep our private lives to ourselves", something along those lines. And then if they never talked about it again I would be cool with that.
With the recent boyfriend mention from both Connor and Troye, I think they're working toward that. They're steps ahead of some other YT "secret" couples who either milk the mystery or just go years pretending it isn't obvious they're together.
I like the shade, manged.

stlkr
Learner
Learner

Post by stlkr »

manged wrote:
But Connor never mentioned his boyfriend. That interview segment was some other girl's, not his.
They still seem quite uncomfortable tbh. Troye keeps avoiding relationship questions even after admitting he has a boyfriend.

caitliz92
Talker
Talker

Post by caitliz92 »

I actually really like him as a person most of the time, but I can't take him seriously when he makes videos like his last one. The deep hipster bullshit is so fake and pretentious that it makes me laugh

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

stlkr wrote:
manged wrote:

But Connor never mentioned his boyfriend. That interview segment was some other girl's, not his.
They still seem quite uncomfortable tbh. Troye keeps avoiding relationship questions even after admitting he has a boyfriend.
Well fuck me running. Went back and checked the interview, and you're right. That changes everything.

loxias
Lurker
Lurker

Post by loxias »

Wait. It wasn't Connor who said "My boyfriend and I like to chill, go out for dinner and go to the movies" in the recent interview manged posted about in the previous thread ??

stlkr
Learner
Learner

Post by stlkr »

loxias wrote:Wait. It wasn't Connor who said "My boyfriend and I like to chill, go out for dinner and go to the movies" in the recent interview manged posted about in the previous thread ??
Yeah, it was Lauren Curtis.

loxias
Lurker
Lurker

Post by loxias »

Okay. Well can't say I wasn't surprised to see him admitting he has a boyfriend in a small interview...Anyway, back to square 1 :lol:

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

tbh i find it more likely that they'll keep quiet, and won't ever announce they're in a relationship until they've already broke up.
i can already imagine it. troye releases his next album, and he's in an interview, getting asked about the songs, and there's a song about a past relationship, and troye says the song is about him and connor
The Internet knows all your secrets

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

the new video is a q&a disguised as an advice video, it's also an audible plug. the thing you won't believe happened to him is that his car got towed because his tags expired and he had to go to the dmv to take care of it. [sarcasm]how exciting[/sarcasm]
The Internet knows all your secrets

Nonchalant
Talker
Talker

Post by Nonchalant »

I actually quite like the state they're currently in; to anyone who pays enough attention to them, it is completely obvious and logical that they're together, but them not being open keeps the attention away from their relationship while it develops. Youtube breakups are messy and they're smart to avoid that situation.

itsmia
Talker
Talker

Post by itsmia »

Nonchalant wrote:I actually quite like the state they're currently in; to anyone who pays enough attention to them, it is completely obvious and logical that they're together, but them not being open keeps the attention away from their relationship while it develops. Youtube breakups are messy and they're smart to avoid that situation.
I could understand that if it was the start of the relationship, but that isn't the case. They've been together for two years. Hiding and lying after all this time just gets tiresome, and quite frankly childish. It sends the wrong message too, like the relationship is something to be ashamed of. I'm not exptcting them to suddenly start a vlogging channel. I just want them to be honest and say that they're together, and if they never comment on it again I would be fine with that. I just want them to say it once, say it like they're proud of it instead of hiding like they're ashamed.

Sent fra min D6603 via Tapatalk

meiveen
Lurker
Lurker

Post by meiveen »

Connor needs to keep this relationship ambiguous, because tbh there's nothing else about him that will keep people interested anymore. The quality of his videos has rapidly declined over the past two years (around the time the relationship started, strangely enough) and now his channel's at a steady boring sort of rut. He needs this mystery.

As for his common culture shit. God.

Return to “Connor Franta”