Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by ballamyblue »

Why was he in the 2019 rewind? His resurgence was nothing grand. So many people MIA this year but Connor was put in?

loxias
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by loxias »

resurgence ? All I saw was him doing a video about his plants. But I don't watch the rewinds. They're known to be boring...Speaking of boring, I couldn't even bring myself to watch Connor's videos. I wish he would become a tad funny and interesting again, he's hopelessly tedious to follow. I'm also rolling my eyes at the fact he has nothing better to do than trying to make us dream about him visiting Paris when Paris atm is a true shitfest with the cold and the raucous and even violent strikes, every Parisian I know has only one dream currently, to leave the city and come back when it's less of a hellhole, but your boy Connor is posting a flowery picture with "Paris" on it.

rikonee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rikonee »

This month, Connor has been photographing people like Doja Cat, Conan Gray, and Charlotte Lawrence for V Magazine. I also checked out his photography account on Instagram and turns out, he has photographed Billie Eilish, Banks, and Angelababy too. He also got lots of pages.

I mean, good for him, but I wonder how he’s getting lots of good gigs when he’s pretty new. I know he knows someone from V Magazine but still. If you checked out V Magazine on Instagram, they posted pics by lots of experienced and amazing photographers with a lot of followers. Kinda weird Connor is somehow there with them lol

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

rikonee wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:39 pm
This month, Connor has been photographing people like Doja Cat, Conan Gray, and Charlotte Lawrence for V Magazine. I also checked out his photography account on Instagram and turns out, he has photographed Billie Eilish, Banks, and Angelababy too. He also got lots of pages.

I mean, good for him, but I wonder how he’s getting lots of good gigs when he’s pretty new. I know he knows someone from V Magazine but still. If you checked out V Magazine on Instagram, they posted pics by lots of experienced and amazing photographers with a lot of followers. Kinda weird Connor is somehow there with them lol
I mean... I think you answered your own question. Nepotism, with the added benefit of him already being well-known and rich through YouTube (even if his popularity dropped over the years). That will get you far in life.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

his favorite tik toks are so fucking boring.....
The Internet knows all your secrets

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

Okaaay I see this has been inactive for a long time but I just watched his questions I never answered, first time I watched anything by him in a while, need to rant

Lol like obviously the questions only wanted him to drop some tea..but like he always found a way to twist the question around to compliment himself. There was a question about the most scandalous thing from 2013/14 YouTube days and he said there used to be i quote: 'exclusive parties that you were supposed to get invited to and even if you didn't get invited to it you knew about it and it made you feel bad' and ...the next sentence he had to clarify that he himself always got invited to these parties and also put in a post-edit boast about the first time he got invited to these parties with the Finn twins, Dan and Phil, Zoe and alfie etc. Like he clearly didn't mind the exclusive parties to remember them so fondly lmao.

There was a question about if he regretted anything and he said he regretted buying expensive clothes for red carpet events saying he didn't look good in most of them..and then put in an edit of a like 12 photos of him at red carpets and said: "except for these your boy looks hot" like did you really want to show off your old pictures so bad my god that was so cringeworthy.

People also asked him for celeb tea and he really turned that into a boast about how he brunched with Beyonce and sat with rihanna or something and this really boring story about how he got invited to a Grammy's after party cuz someone gave him his tickets lol...and all he had to say was how stupid he felt being a relatively unknown person in a roomful of celebs..like that is a given what did u expect? At least tell some nice stories about other people if you don't want to drop tea my god.

And the fact that he called himself "modest" after all that like I had to pause the video and stare into the distance for a moment how can a person be so un-self aware? Also he really said his toxic trait was being "too considerate" lol and from experience I have always seen that people who consider themselves considerate are not considerate at all because they are always in some weird resentment complex and paranoid about being taken advantage of or something and that is exactly the vibe I get from him

God he is so in love with himself but I also feel like he is still living in the light of more famous days of the past, but doesn't realize it? He has clearly convinced himself that he is happier now but idk.. maybe its because he really wants to keep his current life private but its weird how the conversation always went back to the 2014/15 heydays even though the questions weren't always about then

Was a bit surprised to know Tyler was the first person he came out to.

Idk why he keeps shaking his head so much while taking and keeps modulating so weirdly at every other word...I hope he doesn't talk like that all the time that must be so annoying for people around him. He was a normal cute and funny guy with a touch of hipster in 2015 when I started watching his videos...like who is this annoying narcissist he really turned into the kind of person I'd hate on sight. Don't mean to be nasty but I can see why his relationships don't work out, its really tough being with that kind of people who can't stop humble bragging about stuff they did in some distant pasy. I know I am judging a lot from one video for his sake let's hope he is not like that irl and he is only like this for youtube...but I think not lol

To end on at least one positive note, going by the trailer of his new book his writing has improved A LOT since his note to self days..it's not the best but it's improved from tumblr poetry to button poetry-ish slam poetry level atleast. Anyway I still feel fondly for him for some reason guess its some old nostalgia at work but hope everything turns out well for him in the end

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

Okay I see he has been hanging out with will darbyshire and Arden rose a lot lately and those two are probably the most annoying people on this planet...given Connor's habit of adopting the personalities of whoever he spends a lot of time with his behavior makes sense now

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

Riz wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:13 pm
And the fact that he called himself "modest" after all that like I had to pause the video and stare into the distance for a moment how can a person be so un-self aware? Also he really said his toxic trait was being "too considerate" lol and from experience I have always seen that people who consider themselves considerate are not considerate at all because they are always in some weird resentment complex and paranoid about being taken advantage of or something and that is exactly the vibe I get from him

God he is so in love with himself but I also feel like he is still living in the light of more famous days of the past, but doesn't realize it? He has clearly convinced himself that he is happier now but idk.. maybe its because he really wants to keep his current life private but its weird how the conversation always went back to the 2014/15 heydays even though the questions weren't always about then
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Moritza
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Moritza »

Just read his book house fires.. 1. Fuck troye Sivan little Marfan syndrome fuck!! I’m soo sorry y’all I just can’t after what I read/heard. idc what y’all say troye Sivan exacerbated problems that were already there for Connor given his mental health. Trigger warning.

2. I’m so so sorry that he got sexually assaulted. I will admit I got a soft spot for him. I hope he gets better TRULY. Lemme explain this Connor met a man in the industry through a mutual friend. They started talking about work and what they do. in his words “by all accounts it was a success.” Over the course of the next month they kept in touch. One evening in that year Connor and his friends went to a gay bar long story short.. the industry acquaintance man groped him and his friends stood there and did jack shit.

3. Connor is very destructive when it comes to relationships and he seems to throwing a lot of shots at troye in some chapters. In one chapter he called the relationship unhealthy

4. Idk I feel bad for him, he’s so traumatized over troye and his mental health illnesses, he talked about how he hasn’t been in love in 6 years according to the time he wrote this book.

5. It seems as though therapy helps him but as he said “ it’s not “enough.” I think Troye irreversibly done damage to Connor’s view and I guess how-to navigate relationships. I WILL say y’all were on point about Connor lamenting about the past 2014-2018 but that’s when it all went to hell for him..

Trigger warning: honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Connor committed suicide sometime in the future given all he’s been through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigmatau_gg
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Sigmatau_gg »

Sorry to see him go from the peak of YouTube to how he is now

Sigmatau_gg
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Sigmatau_gg »

Sorry to see him go from the peak of YouTube to how he is now

loxias
Lurker
Lurker

Post by loxias »

His latest videos are watchable though. "Ten years of therapy" did pretty good numbers. Why do I have the feeling that he's so messed up and sad though ? We all have failures in our lives but it feels like he's been utterly broken and now there's just a shell and all he can do is talk about therapy and watering plants. He's clever, he's not that old, he clearly still has some money, he knows how youtube works...I think he should just leave LA and go somewhere else. Become a travel youtuber or something. Sure, depression is relatable, but the pity party has to bring a little flavor.

Return to “Connor Franta”