Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

TheBasicBitch
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by TheBasicBitch »

I didn't watch the new video but even from the thumbnail and title i can tell it's another self-pity galore and i can't bring myself to watch it. He's been complaining about the same stuff for quite some time now yet he doesn't change anything. He should just move on an do something different. It's almost annoying now.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

TheBasicBitch wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:50 am
I didn't watch the new video but even from the thumbnail and title i can tell it's another self-pity galore and i can't bring myself to watch it. He's been complaining about the same stuff for quite some time now yet he doesn't change anything. He should just move on an do something different. It's almost annoying now.
He was bitching about how your twenties is this strange stretch of time where you are finding yourself. He is going to be in for a rude awakening at 36 when he still doesn't know what he is doing. He needs to just move on... He is going to be in a marathon supposedly, and I'm sure someone will film him running and he will do a voice over about making goals that sounds pretty but doesn't really mean anything.

TheBasicBitch
Talker
Talker

Post by TheBasicBitch »

ballamyblue wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:57 am
He was bitching about how your twenties is this strange stretch of time where you are finding yourself. He is going to be in for a rude awakening at 36 when he still doesn't know what he is doing. He needs to just move on... He is going to be in a marathon supposedly, and I'm sure someone will film him running and he will do a voice over about making goals that sounds pretty but doesn't really mean anything.
He probably doesn't understand that preparing for a marathon isn't a job and normally people do this as a hobby on the side while working fulltime :roll: Compared to that it's not even a great accomplishment. He still thinks the world owes him something and alle he does is compalin.

Post by Guest »

From Holy Motors.
This is how it's going to end.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

TheBasicBitch wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:13 am
ballamyblue wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:57 am
He probably doesn't understand that preparing for a marathon isn't a job and normally people do this as a hobby on the side while working fulltime :roll: Compared to that it's not even a great accomplishment. He still thinks the world owes him something and alle he does is compalin.
I honestly have to wonder what he does all day long considering he doesn't make regular content. Even when he did it was like five minutes or less long... I realize that he used to do business stuff with his lousy brand but he doesn't seem to have one anymore.

Post by Guest »

ballamyblue wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:51 pm
I honestly have to wonder what he does all day long considering he doesn't make regular content. Even when he did it was like five minutes or less long... I realize that he used to do business stuff with his lousy brand but he doesn't seem to have one anymore.
In his video he said he’s an adult of 26 now and “not hanging with the kids anymore.”
Whom does he think he is interacting with on social media? His videos are actually watched by 11 year olds?!

I wonder, if anyone still thinks they can use him to sell shit to children. It’s not like another younger and more attractive influencer is born every five minutes.

I browsed his common culture store and it seems like that thing wasn’t updated in years.

I hope they gave him plenty of entrepreneur magazine copies, he can use to isolate his future shed with.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

Well Connor went to the London marathon. I'm going to take a wild guess and say instead of sinking in his surroundings, he took a picture of the hotel room couch for his personal "art" photo collection and then went on Tinder date with a guy with a man who is probably now in therapy after a twenty minute date where no one got lucky... He says 2 continents down 5 to go... Is homeboy really going to be able to go to Africa or Australia ever again without having a mental breakdown or posting cryptic bitchy/suicidal sounding tweets the entire time?

Post by Guest »

ballamyblue wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:20 pm
He says 2 continents down 5 to go... Is homeboy really going to be able to go to Africa or Australia ever again without having a mental breakdown or posting cryptic bitchy/suicidal sounding tweets the entire time?
I wonder, if he still has to deal with feelings for him, who must not be named. It can be hard to get over a relationship — but what do you do, if your ex is omnipresent like "h.,w.m.n.b.n." and people tag you on pictures or still rape you with #tronnor under #tracob pics?
And when you think you’re over it, your ex releases a break up song on an album filled with songs about bottoming for the new guy and how deeply he’s in love with him.

+ Your “job” is in media and your life and struggles are just entertainment to the masses.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

steffenalastor wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:56 am
ballamyblue wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:20 pm
He says 2 continents down 5 to go... Is homeboy really going to be able to go to Africa or Australia ever again without having a mental breakdown or posting cryptic bitchy/suicidal sounding tweets the entire time?
I wonder, if he still has to deal with feelings for him, who must not be named. It can be hard to get over a relationship — but what do you do, if your ex is omnipresent like "h.,w.m.n.b.n." and people tag you on pictures or still rape you with #tronnor under #tracob pics?
And when you think you’re over it, your ex releases a break up song on an album filled with songs about bottoming for the new guy and how deeply he’s in love with him.

+ Your “job” is in media and your life and struggles are just entertainment to the masses.
At this point he really needs to move on... It's clear though that he hasn't. It's been over two years. He is a (fading) public figure living in West Hollywood. The men he goes after are either going to know who he is or know who Troye is based on on the lack of quality LGBT male singers out there and no I don't think Troye counts as quality, but aside from Sam Smith there aren't really any mainstream gay guys. So, Connor isn't going to be able to escape him anytime soon.

I will say this, Troye comes off very unsympathetic based on that breakup song, but his/ their fangirls are 12 and aren't listening for subtext... But again, 2 (two) years here. If he cannot handle the reminders, find a new career and delete his public social media accounts. He clearly had enough money to travel to Europe for a race... Use that money and go back to school and for the love of God stay away from philosophy classes... Find a nice boy and move on...

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

I think the fact that, despite it being a while since they broke up, every time this thread is active, it is with Troye's name says tons about the state of Connor's career. I mean, how is he only mildly relevant as long as it's in reference to an ex-relationship he never even acknowledged? :rofl:

Kokopelli96
Learner
Learner

Post by Kokopelli96 »

7abiib_azzubb wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:54 pm
I think the fact that, despite it being a while since they broke up, every time this thread is active, it is with Troye's name says tons about the state of Connor's career. I mean, how is he only mildly relevant as long as it's in reference to an ex-relationship he never even acknowledged? :rofl:
I like Connor...I really do

1) It's tragic when one public figure remains relevant (and thriving), while the other is fading. Can you imagine the heartache that Connor had to endure (maybe is still enduring) while dealing with the stupid fandom on the daily basis? It's not bad now, but it was horrible throughout 2016 and 2017...#tronnor was on everything, while Troye was publicly having the time of his life with Jacob. Stupid fandom...smh

2) Connor could have made the situation a lot less awkward by publicly acknowledge that he is no longer in any relationship (I suggested this about 3 years ago in this thread). He could do a video (or a tweet) answering a viewer's question - whether or not he has a boyfriend. He did not have to mention anyone's name...just say something like - 'I was in a relationship, but now I'm not...I'm single now...this is a difficult time for me...please respect that...and do not ship me with anyone, etc.' - do this a few times because the fandom (for the most part, unlike the majority of posters on this website) is not mean spirited...they're just a bunch of naive and stupid tweeners.

3) Since the breakup was devastating (I don't think Connor has fully recovered from it yet, after 3+ years). It would be interesting to know how he feels about this relationship now...knowing how and when it will end...how much he will have to suffer...and nothing that he can do to change its outcome...if given a chance to travel back to 2013/2014...would he still choose to be in this relationship...or just stay friends with Troye?

What do you guys think?

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

I think that it would have been understandable if Connor with this sulking and sad two years ago but not now. While, this was never a public relationship it is perceived that they were only together for 6-12 months. Which I get, a first relationship is hard to get over but it wasn't that long and it is questionable about how official it ever was. Did they ever call each other boyfriend amongst friends? I'm pretty sure there was evidence that they each met the other's family but again were they out as a couple to anyone?

Troye is publicly out with his current boyfriend. I get the impression that Connor was the one who wanted to remain radio silent about things. Which is understandable to some degree when a relationship is new, but both boys at the time were "famous" and there is only so long you can do that before your 12 year old fans get pissed off or relentless. Idk how close they were before they became romantic, but being traumatized this long is very odd.

Also eliminate the breakup song where Troye thinks all is ok, would Connor really have been super happy with him releasing a song about bottoming? I doubt the boy is a Republican but he is clearly extremely conservative and quiet.

Kokopelli96
Learner
Learner

Post by Kokopelli96 »

ballamyblue wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:37 am
I think that it would have been understandable if Connor with this sulking and sad two years ago but not now. While, this was never a public relationship it is perceived that they were only together for 6-12 months. Which I get, a first relationship is hard to get over but it wasn't that long and it is questionable about how official it ever was. Did they ever call each other boyfriend amongst friends? I'm pretty sure there was evidence that they each met the other's family but again were they out as a couple to anyone?
In several interviews, Troye said that it was a 2-year romantic relationship. And they started following/communicating with one another about 2 years prior to that in 2012. During the relationship, Connor had traveled to Australia, and Troye to Minnesota...they had met each other's family several times. Also they had traveled the world together with the youtube British crew and with other youtubers...I'm sure their friends know that they were a couple.

Facts:
1) Troye met Jacob face-to-face for the first time on Feb. 10, 2016 at a LA fashion show (he posted a 3-yr commemoration on instagram)
2) In Connor's book, he was broken up with a couple days prior to his Grammy red carpet interview with Tyler Oakley (posted on youtube Feb. 15, 2016)

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

i don't find it that surprising if connor is still affected by the break up.
connor was a self hating gay. iirc he pretty much tried being straight until he finally accepted his sexuality in his adult years. troye was his first relationship, and after all those years of self hate, it's likely he put a lot of value on it. so it not working out probably hit him hard. he had come to terms with his sexuality, was in a relationship that he wanted to be in, not that he was forcing himself to be in, so he was happy, and then the break up took that away from him.
a first relationship tends to be something lgbt+ people put a lot of emotion into, because it's our first try at love, which a lot of times doesn't happen near adulthood or much after it for some. and someone that just learnt to accept themselves are likely to put even more emotion into that relationship, because it's their first real love while being true to themselves.
connor also seems like someone that's super emotional. so it's not that shocking any type of break up would affect him a lot.

i'm curious about what might've gone down between him and this ian guy that resulted in them unfollowing each other on social media and ian following troye and jacob. maybe ian heard a side of the story that he didn't like and made him realize connor was the "bad guy" in all of it and dumped him
The Internet knows all your secrets

Kokopelli96
Learner
Learner

Post by Kokopelli96 »

Just want to add to my previous post (since GG didn't let me edit)

Connor mentioned on several occasions that he had a "really bad" breakup, but in typical fashion, didn't go into any details. Was it "really bad" because he was devastated, or was it because Troye did something wrong?

Troye and Jacob started following each other on social media in 2015. Nothing bad or unusual here, even if they had communicated back and forth during this time, prior to their face to face meetup (as long as there wasn't any "online infidelity").

Troye mentioned that he was very unhappy with the relationship for several months before officially ending it in Feb 2016. He wrote about it in the song "Plum." This could be the explanation for why he was able to move on with Jacob so quickly (within days) after breaking up with Connor.

An interesting observation, after they broke up (yours truly and other Guru Gossipers were on top of this in Feb/March 2016), most of tronnor's famous online mutual friends rallied around Connor and distanced themselves from Troye.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

is it possible the relationship was going bad because they wanted different things?
maybe troye was tired of all the hiding and wanted to be public. having to be in a secret relationship might feel the same as having to pretend you're just your closeted boyfriend's close friend.
connor might've disagreed about going public, and that could definitely caused the drift, and would explain troye being unhappy. their friends might've picked connor's side because troye was the one that ended it, and also because troye was already distancing himself from the youtube community.
and bringing back my point in my previous post. maybe ian and connor talked about troye, and ian realized connor has no intentions of making their relationship public, and they'd have to spend god knows how long pretending they're not together, so ian wanted nothing with that and jumped ship
The Internet knows all your secrets

Kokopelli96
Learner
Learner

Post by Kokopelli96 »

illegal_mind wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:04 pm
is it possible the relationship was going bad because they wanted different things?
maybe troye was tired of all the hiding and wanted to be public. having to be in a secret relationship might feel the same as having to pretend you're just your closeted boyfriend's close friend.
connor might've disagreed about going public, and that could definitely caused the drift, and would explain troye being unhappy. their friends might've picked connor's side because troye was the one that ended it, and also because troye was already distancing himself from the youtube community.
and bringing back my point in my previous post. maybe ian and connor talked about troye, and ian realized connor has no intentions of making their relationship public, and they'd have to spend god knows how long pretending they're not together, so ian wanted nothing with that and jumped ship

I don't think wanting/not wanting to be public had anything to do with their breakup. If you remember, at the height of tronnor from late 2014 to the end, there were dozens (if not 100+) pictures of them - together with a fan, or separately with the same fan, at the same location posted all over the internet. Their tweets/subtweets/instagram posts back and forth. They did such a shitty job hiding it, lol. There were video clips of them together on multiple prominent channels. Other youtubers were tweeting and making videos insinuating about their relationship. As far as I can remember, by 2015, tronnor was already a public relationship, without them officially announcing it. It was a comically open secret to everyone...except to their 12-year old fandom.

And from the look of things, Connor was head over heels in love and was content following Troye (pop star/movie star) around...playing the role of a supportive and doting boyfriend.

I think tronnor ended because Troye wanted out and nothing else. I believe Troye when he talked about "Plum" and his past relationship (and I'm paraphrasing) - 'nothing against that person, but you just woke up one day and realized that the person you're with is not the person you want to be with.'

Regarding mutual friends picking sides, I think you're right...by 2016, Troye did distancing himself from the youtube community. In my previous post, I wasn't insinuating that their mutual friends picked Connor over Troye because Troye did something bad. I was just stating what a lot of us observed happening at that time.

With Ian...again, sorry to disagree, but I don't think making/not making their relationship public had anything to do with them breaking up. We're talking about 2 people who are more "matured/seasoned" than most people in their age group...one is a soon to be 27-year old fame savvied, self-made millionaire, world traveler and the other is 24/25 year old PHD student. I think it was something much deeper that broke them up. I guess we'll never know...unless Ian reads here and decides to post. :respekt:

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

Is connor still friends with tyler oakley?

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

Cheesey wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:39 pm
Is connor still friends with tyler oakley?
I wonder this too. Connor clearly had a huge falling out with him after he came out, but then after the breakup it was clear they were starting be friendly towards one another again. I always wondered what part Tyler played into the relationship. I know that Connor was pissed that Tyler tried to make his coming out all about him though, but then randomly they started being friendly again as soon as the breakup happened so clearly there was more to it.

I don't think Connor is really friends with anyone anymore though. He doesn't even really seem to be friends with Ricky Dillon which is shocking because in his first book, while he basically brushed over the O2L guys (I mean really he did everyone), he did mention how close him and Ricky were. Yet, after the O2L reunion video they did a while back, where Connor went off on them on Twitter he seemed to be pissed at every single one of them. I understand JC and Kian they were extremely immature back when they shared a house and really haven't grown up and the fact that Sam has resurfaced at all is shocking considering how little he did back when they were a channel. I can see Connor being stand-offish with Trevor considering how completely the opposite he is with his sexuality. That doesn't necessarily mean they hate one another.

Connor at present is clearly kind of a toxic personality. He has never interacted with fans, he doesn't seem to have any friends left in the YT community, and there is no sign of any other men in his life. Like Illegal Mind said, he is internally homophobic as well. He doesn't have to become a gay lifestyle channel but really he tries very hard to keep anything involving being gay away from his channel and life aside from his books where he was being paid.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

I always strongly suspected that Tyler and Connor fell out not over his coming out but his relationship with Troy. I think Tyler was in love with Troy. Probably it had been an unrequited thing for a while and Connor had supported him through it as Tyler helped him with his coming out. The fact that they seemed to bury the hatchet somewhat after the break up was likely due to Tyler seeing that Troy had broken Connor’s heart and left him in the dust to be a celebrity and at that point could put his own hurt aside and reach out. I know this all sounds like speculative fan fiction and I usually hate posts like this with nothing to back them up, but if you look at things like body language and certain comments or “jokes” in old videos it wasn’t that hard to see that Tyler was in to Troy. If you accept that, the rest just makes sense.

Now I bet someone is going to tell me Tyler was in a relationship at that time or something. Even if that was the case and things were more complicated than I’ve made out, I feel there were definitely feelings there of some sort.

Return to “Connor Franta”