Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Kafkaontheshore
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:05 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by Kafkaontheshore » Wed May 08, 2019 4:16 pm

I know i wanted Connor to stop with his depressing videos but my god was that boring. No words. If he wants to continue with the videos, he should start doing collabs again to get people interested in him again.

It's really a shame. Derek Blasberg now works for Youtube and he has literally all the connections anyone could hope for. That guy is friends with every big celebrity and has all the connections in the fashion world and entertainment industry. Derek can really open doors for people who want to get into the hollywood/music/fashion business. He was the one who got James Charles to the Met Gala to represent "Team Youtube". He wants to get Youtubers more involved in all those kinds of events and give them more spotlight. Connor was literally the It-Youtuber a few years ago and if he kept it up he would now have a huge chance to get into those kinds of events. But also maybe that is the reason why he started doing videos again? Maybe he also sees that chance? If so he really needs to step it up...

User avatar
steffenalastor
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:04 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by steffenalastor » Thu May 09, 2019 2:26 am

The “off his meds” was not a joke — his behaviour is quite a bit concerning.

Here are some ideas from my last walk [the more coherent ones :? ] and I’d be happy to see your opinions.


Short excursion for illustration (because it’s more publicly available):
I fell into a Harry Styles hole for the last few days and, seriously, I don’t understand why he hasn’t shave his head, tattered himself up to resemble a coal miner and put a shotgun in his mouth yet!
There is so much material about him that one can put into any narrative: From Larry (married since Sept.13 and in love since H was 16), to him being a Casanova and heartbreaker, to him dating/fucking every woman he’s ever known.
And then you see the video of foetus H crying over hate, because he messed up on stage.
He must have an amazing support system or be dead behind the eyes (which probably is unlikely).
Imagine if you were gay and got this shit from 16-24 — most people struggle with coming out to their relatives — your psychiatrist would be a rich man/woman.

Now about C.
Gay rumours and being closeted for years, while being in the public eye. (And probably romantically linked with female YouTubers.)
Oakley even tries to make your coming-out about himself.
No wonder Troyler kept it secret — the rumour mill was quite productive without much actual information anyway.
A lot of gays struggle with life goals I find, because the boy-meets-girl -> grand-children narrative doesn’t work. And what is there to do? Earn money and have a hedonistic lifestyle? It all becomes a bit meaningless without posterity. Thus some gays maybe tend to romanticise the boy-meets-boy stuff.
Gay relationships being so extremely fetishised via fanfiction and shipping made the boy-meets-boy stuff mainstream. C. made a video about dirty fanfiction & himself.
pressure on himself to be successful: athlete -> businessman

-> mental health
(cf. above) CEO of three companies, the YouTube pressure (viewer counts don’t lie), advertising some random shit, keeping up with social media and so on
— I mean, some people get burnout from regular domestic cleaning. Imagine finding videos on YouTube titled “Connor Franta is irrelevant.”

Your life being constantly scrutinised by fans, gossipYouTubers and at some point media.
— I mean, some people get schizophrenic, paranoid and agoraphobic after a bad breakup or being fired from their job

Some psychiatrists say that having walks helps against depression.
— I get that he was “the state champion in the mile” and a competitive athlete, but there is a slight difference between a stroll in the park and watching Nash take a dump and running marathons.

Him making an instagram story about editing a 2 second clip for 45 minutes.
— obsessive?

Probably I’m just overthinking and filtering everything to fit my narrative like every shipper ever :tu: ,
but manic behaviour leading to burnout anyone?

WildBoy
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:32 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by WildBoy » Mon May 13, 2019 11:14 pm

Connor’s post-YouTube transition continues. He’s had a camaraderie with Ian David Monroe for a couple years and he is now representing Connor as a photographer. Good for Connor! Still have doubts he will upload more than 10 videos this year.

Image

WildBoy
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:32 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by WildBoy » Mon May 13, 2019 11:25 pm

Glad to hear Connor is lending his voice to the documentary, Stonewall Outloud, coming 26 June.

“Stonewall Outloud combines StoryCorps’ 1989 audio documentary Remembering Stonewall with contemporary voices in the LGBTQ community, including YouTube creator Conor Franta and Olympian Adam Rippon.”

News article here:
http://realscreen.com/2019/05/13/world- ... rsary-doc/


Image

Kafkaontheshore
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:05 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by Kafkaontheshore » Tue May 14, 2019 7:46 am

I guess he is lucky that he is friends with Ian David Monroe because he is not a great photographer. All his pictures are boring and uninspired and literally anyone with a good camera can take them. But Ian is the one who got him the (very few) photographer jobs before so maybe he will be able to get him a few more. But at this point I take nothing he does seriously. What the hell happened to that podcast??? like seriously? lmao. Is that already dead? What happened to common culture? dead? Is he doing anything else at Heardwell because he never talks about it anymore. His youtube career is dead as well going by the number of views of his last video. Nothing he starts ever works out or lasts... I just seriously don't get what his plans for the future are. He is just 26 but he already barely works...

User avatar
ballamyblue
Informer
Informer
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:19 pm
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 1801 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by ballamyblue » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 pm

How broke is he that he is doing a Q&A again? I mean that was legit his content before he went MIA but good lord of course he comes out with a click bate LGBT Q&A... At least he is at least answering questions for the first time ever. Is he on something? Like not something illegally obtained something but just some sort of medication?

I'm shocked that Mister Brand himself isn't trying to be a Guru himself.

WildBoy
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:32 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by WildBoy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 pm

ballamyblue wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 pm
How broke is he that he is doing a Q&A again? I mean that was legit his content before he went MIA but good lord of course he comes out with a click bate LGBT Q&A... At least he is at least answering questions for the first time ever. Is he on something? Like not something illegally obtained something but just some sort of medication?

I'm shocked that Mister Brand himself isn't trying to be a Guru himself.
On the plus side no push for Audible mixed in with the questions.

Guessing his mood is a combination of:
* Releasing his 5th video for the year
* Releasing a LGBTQ-themed video in hopes it gets the views of his previous video
* Releasing this video and being the upcoming GLSRN keynote speaker are positive contributions in his eyes
* Possibly an adjustment to his prescriptions after Ian dumped him right before Valentine’s Day

User avatar
ballamyblue
Informer
Informer
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:19 pm
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 1801 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by ballamyblue » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:45 pm

WildBoy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 pm
ballamyblue wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 pm
How broke is he that he is doing a Q&A again? I mean that was legit his content before he went MIA but good lord of course he comes out with a click bate LGBT Q&A... At least he is at least answering questions for the first time ever. Is he on something? Like not something illegally obtained something but just some sort of medication?

I'm shocked that Mister Brand himself isn't trying to be a Guru himself.
On the plus side no push for Audible mixed in with the questions.

Guessing his mood is a combination of:
* Releasing his 5th video for the year
* Releasing a LGBTQ-themed video in hopes it gets the views of his previous video
* Releasing this video and being the upcoming GLSRN keynote speaker are positive contributions in his eyes
* Possibly an adjustment to his prescriptions after Ian dumped him right before Valentine’s Day
I know I kept waiting for him to mention Audible or something that would bring the money back into his account. Idk how he lives in order to keep his rent up. Do his fans seriously watch enough of his old videos to keep him living that comfortably?

He still hasn't found the perfect blend for his medication... Idk whether to roll my eyes or feel bad for him.

Kafkaontheshore
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:05 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by Kafkaontheshore » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:21 pm

WildBoy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 pm
ballamyblue wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 pm
How broke is he that he is doing a Q&A again? I mean that was legit his content before he went MIA but good lord of course he comes out with a click bate LGBT Q&A... At least he is at least answering questions for the first time ever. Is he on something? Like not something illegally obtained something but just some sort of medication?

I'm shocked that Mister Brand himself isn't trying to be a Guru himself.
On the plus side no push for Audible mixed in with the questions.

Guessing his mood is a combination of:
* Releasing his 5th video for the year
* Releasing a LGBTQ-themed video in hopes it gets the views of his previous video
* Releasing this video and being the upcoming GLSRN keynote speaker are positive contributions in his eyes
* Possibly an adjustment to his prescriptions after Ian dumped him right before Valentine’s Day
Are we sure Ian dumped him and it wasn't the other way around? It's so hilarious how Ian followed Troye again but it's even more hilarious that he followed Jacob, Troye's boyfriend, and regularly likes his posts lmao. Doesn't that sound kind of bitter? idk. Would be kind of ironic if Connor hurt Ian, because when Connor got hurt he wrote a whole ass book about it and literally blamed Troye for his depression which is still so wild to me that someone can be this manipulative and sorry to say: crazy. and all because a 20 year old broke up with him. WILD!

Obviously the gay Q&A was a try to get more views again, but I must say I still liked the video a lot more than his depressive oh-I'm-so-lost bullshit.

WildBoy
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:32 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by WildBoy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:27 pm

ballamyblue wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:45 pm
WildBoy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 pm
ballamyblue wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 pm
How broke is he that he is doing a Q&A again? I mean that was legit his content before he went MIA but good lord of course he comes out with a click bate LGBT Q&A... At least he is at least answering questions for the first time ever. Is he on something? Like not something illegally obtained something but just some sort of medication?

I'm shocked that Mister Brand himself isn't trying to be a Guru himself.
On the plus side no push for Audible mixed in with the questions.

Guessing his mood is a combination of:
* Releasing his 5th video for the year
* Releasing a LGBTQ-themed video in hopes it gets the views of his previous video
* Releasing this video and being the upcoming GLSRN keynote speaker are positive contributions in his eyes
* Possibly an adjustment to his prescriptions after Ian dumped him right before Valentine’s Day
I know I kept waiting for him to mention Audible or something that would bring the money back into his account. Idk how he lives in order to keep his rent up. Do his fans seriously watch enough of his old videos to keep him living that comfortably?

He still hasn't found the perfect blend for his medication... Idk whether to roll my eyes or feel bad for him.
I would assume he’s financially set for awhile.

You can roll your eyes but in the end feel bad for Connor. I have an ex who I separated with a few years ago because his meds weren’t (and still aren’t) the perfect blend. Took a serious toll on the relationship and affects him to this day (just not as much). Unfortunately, there is no one size fits all solution for treating depression, etc. and I hope Connor finds some peace and thereby finds his way.

WildBoy
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:32 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by WildBoy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:27 pm

Kafkaontheshore wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:21 pm
WildBoy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 pm
ballamyblue wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 pm
How broke is he that he is doing a Q&A again? I mean that was legit his content before he went MIA but good lord of course he comes out with a click bate LGBT Q&A... At least he is at least answering questions for the first time ever. Is he on something? Like not something illegally obtained something but just some sort of medication?

I'm shocked that Mister Brand himself isn't trying to be a Guru himself.
On the plus side no push for Audible mixed in with the questions.

Guessing his mood is a combination of:
* Releasing his 5th video for the year
* Releasing a LGBTQ-themed video in hopes it gets the views of his previous video
* Releasing this video and being the upcoming GLSRN keynote speaker are positive contributions in his eyes
* Possibly an adjustment to his prescriptions after Ian dumped him right before Valentine’s Day
Are we sure Ian dumped him and it wasn't the other way around? It's so hilarious how Ian followed Troye again but it's even more hilarious that he followed Jacob, Troye's boyfriend, and regularly likes his posts lmao. Doesn't that sound kind of bitter? idk. Would be kind of ironic if Connor hurt Ian, because when Connor got hurt he wrote a whole ass book about it and literally blamed Troye for his depression which is still so wild to me that someone can be this manipulative and sorry to say: crazy. and all because a 20 year old broke up with him. WILD!

Obviously the gay Q&A was a try to get more views again, but I must say I still liked the video a lot more than his depressive oh-I'm-so-lost bullshit.
Tweets like this reflect being dumped. And right before Valentines had to crush his fragile self more so. Ian was sharing posts of him out drinking with friends at this time while Connor didn’t change clothes.

Image

Image


I’m all for the queer Q&A type videos because they have an opportunity to help some queer, closeted kid.

Kafkaontheshore
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:05 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by Kafkaontheshore » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:28 pm

WildBoy wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:27 pm
Kafkaontheshore wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:21 pm
WildBoy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 pm
ballamyblue wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 pm
How broke is he that he is doing a Q&A again? I mean that was legit his content before he went MIA but good lord of course he comes out with a click bate LGBT Q&A... At least he is at least answering questions for the first time ever. Is he on something? Like not something illegally obtained something but just some sort of medication?

I'm shocked that Mister Brand himself isn't trying to be a Guru himself.
On the plus side no push for Audible mixed in with the questions.

Guessing his mood is a combination of:
* Releasing his 5th video for the year
* Releasing a LGBTQ-themed video in hopes it gets the views of his previous video
* Releasing this video and being the upcoming GLSRN keynote speaker are positive contributions in his eyes
* Possibly an adjustment to his prescriptions after Ian dumped him right before Valentine’s Day
Are we sure Ian dumped him and it wasn't the other way around? It's so hilarious how Ian followed Troye again but it's even more hilarious that he followed Jacob, Troye's boyfriend, and regularly likes his posts lmao. Doesn't that sound kind of bitter? idk. Would be kind of ironic if Connor hurt Ian, because when Connor got hurt he wrote a whole ass book about it and literally blamed Troye for his depression which is still so wild to me that someone can be this manipulative and sorry to say: crazy. and all because a 20 year old broke up with him. WILD!

Obviously the gay Q&A was a try to get more views again, but I must say I still liked the video a lot more than his depressive oh-I'm-so-lost bullshit.
Tweets like this reflect being dumped. And right before Valentines had to crush his fragile self more so. Ian was sharing posts of him out drinking with friends at this time while Connor didn’t change clothes.

Image

Image


I’m all for the queer Q&A type videos because they have an opportunity to help some queer, closeted kid.
hmm yeah you could be right, but then why is Ian also acting so petty? Like what a coincidence his relationship with Connor ends and he gets immediately interested in Troye again and especially in Troye's boyfriend (he even followed Jacob first and only days later he followed Troye). If that isn't shady as fuck. What a weird guy. I always find it difficult to try to decipher Connor's tweets, because Connor LOVES acting like a victim.

Yeah totally I prefer gay Q&A videos over his pessimistic content any day.

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 725
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:45 pm
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 210 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by 7abiib_azzubb » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:46 am


Around the three-minute mark... 💅🏽

User avatar
illegal_mind
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Posts: 5866
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:17 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 728 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by illegal_mind » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:06 am

7abiib_azzubb wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:46 am

Around the three-minute mark... 💅🏽
what exactly am i supposed to be looking for around the 3 minute mark and what does it have to do with connor?
The Internet knows all your secrets
Image

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2437
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:15 am
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 1805 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by horatio » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:03 pm

Just watching it, it still blows my mind how Troye is literally the only YouTuber to completly transition to mainstream celebrity despite hundreds of others attempting and continuing to try. So many of his friends / former friends must be insanely jealous. .. When will another YouTuber pull it off?

Also I'd never properly seen Jacob before. Holy SHIT he is beautiful.

Kafkaontheshore
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:05 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by Kafkaontheshore » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:09 pm

horatio wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:03 pm
Just watching it, it still blows my mind how Troye is literally the only YouTuber to completly transition to mainstream celebrity despite hundreds of others attempting and continuing to try. So many of his friends / former friends must be insanely jealous. .. When will another YouTuber pull it off?

Also I'd never properly seen Jacob before. Holy SHIT he is beautiful.
Yeah it's weird. I wonder what makes him so different? I mean he is a cutie sure but I wouldn't call him hot and I also wouldn't say it's because he is so much more talented than all the other Youtubers. His voice is okay/good but surely not amazing, but I do give him a lot of credit for his song writing which he was already able to do from a very young age.

I think Connor might be able to escape Youtube if he tried to go in the writing direction. And I am not talking about his poems, those are shit. And I am also no talking about any of his pretentious stuff. I am talking about the few passages in his books where he actually writes about stuff in an objective, unpretentious manner. I think those were good. I could see him writing stuff like that for articles in magazines or online. I know he tries it the photographer route right now, but I think his pictures are so boring and it honestly looks like he is always stealing ideas from the photography related pages he follows on instagram...Like the pics he took for Vman. There are already hundreds of shoots doing the same thing with the high grass location and person behind grass/flower shit. He just copied the idea and not even in an interesting way.

Yeah Jacob is a hottie. I mean even Frank Ocean follows him on instagram and likes his pictures and Frank doesn't even follow Troye lmao.

User avatar
illegal_mind
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Posts: 5866
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:17 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 728 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by illegal_mind » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:14 pm

the difference is likely that troye had a career before youtube. albeit small, he did have a couple acting roles as a kid, including on in a wolverine movie.
he already had a foot in the industry. that's what sets him apart from the others. because he wasn't just a youtuber, he was a young actor, who made a youtube channel and makes music
The Internet knows all your secrets
Image

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 725
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:45 pm
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 210 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by 7abiib_azzubb » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:27 pm

illegal_mind wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:06 am
7abiib_azzubb wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:46 am

Around the three-minute mark... 💅🏽
what exactly am i supposed to be looking for around the 3 minute mark and what does it have to do with connor?
Image

No, but for real, almost every single post on this thread discusses Connor in relation to Troye... So the fact that they brought up the relationship, esp when it all started and their first impressions of each other is relevant because it's been analysed, discussed, assumed, and dissected here. E.g., when did the current two meet? Was it while Connor and Troye were still together?, etc.

It's just a matter of fact that, in this thread, a large part of Connor's relevancy is connected to Troye.

Also, one wonders what Connor feels about this video, no?

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 725
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:45 pm
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 210 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by 7abiib_azzubb » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:15 pm



RW: You're a famous homosexual?
CF: That's what they tell me.

...

Me: WHO ARE THESE MYSTERIOUS THEYS?


Also, is it me or was he a little... I don't know... disrespectful of his elder during the whole interview? It felt like he was rushing a bit, made an inappropriate joke, and didn't add to the conversation,,, at least that's how I saw it.

WildBoy
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:32 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by WildBoy » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:19 pm

Saw this on Tumblr. Is Connor trolling us with “he” because it could mean him or that it could mean someone else? Or, maybe both? Maybe it’s a sign of adjusted meds post-Ian. Also, when he went to Yosemite with 4 other people there was a mysterious 6th glass on their table in his Instagram story. Plus, he was spotted in San Diego again immediately after the Yosemite trip.

Image


Also, cleaning out a closet is not quality top-level content. While he gets points for this tease of a thumbnail, he loses points for plastic clothes hangers.

Image


And he loses more points for wearing socks with sandals.

Image

User avatar
larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1042
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 12:39 pm
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 664 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by larrie » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:50 am

i think "he" is referring to his happy self

User avatar
ballamyblue
Informer
Informer
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:19 pm
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 1801 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by ballamyblue » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:24 pm

I think like most people I watched him back when he was big because he was cute and it was easy to crush on him... I mean he looks the same that he did back then and yet he is just bat shit crazy. I can only imagine what his dates must think. His latest video was just yet another rambling video and he legit sounds crazy as apposed to his O2L/ College Dorm room days. I love his views on college and partying. How much medication is he on? I feel like he is a few months away from having an Amanda Bynes level breakdown.

The one bit that stood out is that he still talks with the O2L boys at all. I mean I assumed he would stay in contact with Trevor but correct me if I'm wrong but he didn't mention Ricky. Yet, made a point to say he has been friendly and in contact with JC and Kian? It always seemed they were the main reasons he moved out and on with his life and I don't think either have matured all that much. Then again I guess good for them for moving past the past? Even if less than six months ago he was acting all cryptic in tweets because of Trevor's reunion video...

rikonee
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:01 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by rikonee » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:06 pm

Just checked on his channel and Instagram. Seems like he uploaded 4 videos in a month and his last video is pretty cool. Nothing groundbreaking but nice to see him doing fun things with his brother.

Seems like he also took up some professional photography. He took pictures for some magazines and even did a photoshoot with Banks. Tbh I still think his pics are boring but good for him.

He still sounds a little rambly and crazy in the videos, but at least he's not moping around and for once has some kind of plan.

lalala28
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:09 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by lalala28 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:36 am

Coming back to Connor just make me sad somehow, his videos were silly but watchable. However, ever since he dated Troye, somehow he was out of touch with his audience. And things completely went downhill after the break up. Now he's just weird. Meanwhile, Troye is really fortunate with his career. Many of you might not know but his Chinese fanbase is big compare to fellow Western artists. He's lucky that his talent is mediocre at best, but what gathers C-fanbase is not about talent, but about look, aura or personality that they like.
Connor seems lost or something tbh.

WildBoy
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:32 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by WildBoy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:04 am

He’s publicly posting his photography resumé. Wonder how hard he commits to this avenue or if he will eventually give it up (professionally) like Common Culture and the weekly podcast that mysteriously changed to a monthly video series of 3 episodes in 4 months (last seen since July).

After what appears to have been another photography gig in London, Connor’s on another trip with Arun and Jacob. This time to Montenegro. No promise to us -yet - of sharing photos he’s taken with multiple cameras. And that’s a good thing as he generally has only shown 1 or 2. Calling it now that we probably won’t see some until he releases his third book.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Gf9OJ90
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Reply

Return to “Connor Franta”