Connor Franta (CoffeeGuy) Part 3

Coffee4Me
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Connor Franta (CoffeeGuy) Part 3

Post by Coffee4Me »

deltanu2 wrote:and I don't accept that Ricky is making music out of the goodness of his heart. Especially when I found out his music was actually selling which only further gave me proof that he was doing it for the cash. If you have a passion of singing then my goodness work on it don't use autotune...
I'm confused... so if a artist starts to sell their music and it actually sells (shocker) they're only in it for the cash? Newsflash, people who make music need to earn a living too (yes I know he has other sources of revenue) but I think it's unfair to judge his integrity based off his sales, because if he wasn't selling no doubt you/others would turn around and say that they're flopping....

Just because an artist is selling music doesn't mean they're in it for the money, it's how the music industry has worked for hundreds of years. Secondly, most artist you hear are using auto tune... it's industry standard and I think it's unfair that you would personally target Ricky and not anyone else on the matter.

Also I should point out that I personally am not fan of his music or am I subscribed to him, I just think your comments were unfair.

OT / I knew Connor & Tyler would reunite someday, but typical of him to post it on social media.

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

Coffee4Me wrote:
deltanu2 wrote:and I don't accept that Ricky is making music out of the goodness of his heart. Especially when I found out his music was actually selling which only further gave me proof that he was doing it for the cash. If you have a passion of singing then my goodness work on it don't use autotune...
I'm confused... so if a artist starts to sell their music and it actually sells (shocker) they're only in it for the cash? Newsflash, people who make music need to earn a living too (yes I know he has other sources of revenue) but I think it's unfair to judge his integrity based off his sales, because if he wasn't selling no doubt you/others would turn around and say that they're flopping....

Just because an artist is selling music doesn't mean they're in it for the money, it's how the music industry has worked for hundreds of years. Secondly, most artist you hear are using auto tune... it's industry standard and I think it's unfair that you would personally target Ricky and not anyone else on the matter.

Also I should point out that I personally am not fan of his music or am I subscribed to him, I just think your comments were unfair.

OT / I knew Connor & Tyler would reunite someday, but typical of him to post it on social media.
What I meant by my comment is that Ricky is making ridicules amount of money off of young fans for extremely manufactured music. I don't even think he should be called an artist or singer. He can't sing. It isn't even like Taylor Swift where she can't sing but they fix her voice enough where no one knows the difference until she is singing live. Ricky on the other hand doesn't even fix his music and he has people buying it. Let's not pretend that there isn't a form of emotional manipulation involved in his face getting deluded young girls into buying very bad music. If this was his passion he would actually work on it with more than a few singing lessons, work on his lisp. He doesn't though. There is a difference between making money on your passion and squeezing another dollar out of people any chance you can.

blockah
Informer
Informer

Post by blockah »

Well i do think he has a passion about it, he just doesn't realize he is a terrible singer.

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

blockah wrote:Well i do think he has a passion about it, he just doesn't realize he is a terrible singer.
I think he has made a point to note in the past that he is somewhat aware his voice isn't amazing. He does it supposedly because he loves singing. If that is the case then just sing covers in his bedroom. Why should he profit off of mediocrity when so many others can't even pay people themselves to view real talent? If he got a legit record contract people probably would have a different attitude towards his profiting off of music.

In Connor news Common Culture now has a website that Connor spent "a lot" of time personally making.

hesitantly
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hesitantly »

IMO the Common Culture apparel is nothing special, it is way too overpriced (although I don't think Connor can control that), and it's basically bland clothing with the logo embroidered onto it. For all the "hard work" and "time" he talked about putting into this project, it seems medicore. The quality looks pretty good though.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

So apparently there's a photo of Connor and Troye being affectionate in some way that was leaked from a private facebook. The twitter and tumblr fandom police is cracking down on anyone who posts it, so it's difficult to find publicly. Anyone know more about this photo or have it saved?

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

manged wrote:So apparently there's a photo of Connor and Troye being affectionate in some way that was leaked from a private facebook. The twitter and tumblr fandom police is cracking down on anyone who posts it, so it's difficult to find publicly. Anyone know more about this photo or have it saved?
It's obvious their in a relationship anyway, they just don't want to be "branded" by it because I feel it hurt a lot of relationships from past youtubers (and prob even current ones).

Almost everyone knows already, I mean I follow an account that gives me an update on these youtubers, so I think almost all their more invested fans know anyway. I don't think they mind, because they take pictures with fans when they are together. I'm sure they're very cute together, but they prob just want to protect their privacy as much as they can despite being public figures, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Their fans are a bit overprotective of them, but since I feel kind of protective of some youtubers as well, I can't really point the finger anyway, lol.

PayjamaPants
Talker
Talker

Post by PayjamaPants »

manged wrote:So apparently there's a photo of Connor and Troye being affectionate in some way that was leaked from a private facebook. The twitter and tumblr fandom police is cracking down on anyone who posts it, so it's difficult to find publicly. Anyone know more about this photo or have it saved?
This one?

Another case of fandom going nuts over nothing.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

looking at the photo, one would assume everyone that's paired up is a couple, especially since blessing is by himself all the way on the other corner.
maybe it's pov+low res+distance, but it does kinda seem like they're holding hands(well, it more looks like connor is grabbing troye's fingers). connor's arm is resting on troye's leg, and troye's hand that's around connor, is very close to connor's hand, giving the impression they're holding hands.
definitely an overreaction. it looks coupley, but i wouldn't call that being affectionate.
edit: but then again, a lot of these fans are probably fairly young, maybe they consider that being affectionate
The Internet knows all your secrets

fleur-delis
Informer
Informer

Post by fleur-delis »

In my opinion, it IS affectionate, but affectionate is a term that I'd also use for friends. it's a cute picture, they do look coupley but it's not like it proves anything in a way that we haven't seen before. Still no kiss that they couldn't deny, so nothing to freak out about. If it was pulled from a private facebook though, not cool.
We'll get confirmation of what we all know one day, just have to be patient :D

blockah
Informer
Informer

Post by blockah »

It's obvious they're a couple from everything they've been doing for the last year and you have to be a complete nit wit to think otherwise. But from that picture alone, it doesn't really say much to me. I take pictures with my friends like that all the time.

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

There fans really need to chill out. It's been obvious they have been dating since before he even came out. If they want to keep it private fine I applaud them for not milking it. Even if Connor's content has suffered horribly because he would rather be Troye' boyfriend than be a youtuber...

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Connor admits to having a boyfriend in a recent magazine interview.

Source:

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

[tweet][/tweet]

really cute video. <3

itsmia
Talker
Talker

Post by itsmia »

Now that Jamie and Mike are engaged do you think Connor and Troye are next? Lol

Sent fra min D6603 via Tapatalk

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

itsmia wrote:Now that Jamie and Mike are engaged do you think Connor and Troye are next? Lol

Jamie and Mike are beyond toxic and only seem to be back together for the money that a ship name can bring them.

itsmia
Talker
Talker

Post by itsmia »

deltanu2 wrote:
itsmia wrote:Now that Jamie and Mike are engaged do you think Connor and Troye are next? Lol

Jamie and Mike are beyond toxic and only seem to be back together for the money that a ship name can bring them.
Seriously? Mike seemed sincere when he cried after Jamie proposed. Also.. if you read Jamie's blog post he obviously loves Mike a lot. True, we can never be sure, but they have been together for nearly three years, that has to count for something.

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

@It'smia, Yeah Jamie seems to genuinely love Mike. However, Jamie suffers from a lot of mental issues (he has deleted several videos discussing them right after he re-branded himself). They also also haven't been together 3 years straight. They have broken up twice both times because of Mike. The first time he cheated on Jamie and went to live with the person who he cheated with. The second time Jamie found out that Mike had lied about being raped by the same guy Jamie was raped by (these videos discussing this were also deleted). Jamie was hospitalized from having an anxiety attack and refusing to eat to the point of passing out because he was so devastated. While Mike was playing fantasy land with whoever he was sleeping with at the time. After they got back together the second time is when #Mamie became a thing and they started doing a majority of their videos together. That's also when Jamie started deleting a lot of his older videos.

So yeah Jamie probably does love Mike even if it will never work out but Mike likes having a place to stay that he doesn't have to pay for. I doubt that we will ever see or hear about the two of them going down the aisle.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

deltanu2
are you talking about Craig?
Credit:amazingfiru

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

sweetmm wrote:deltanu2
are you talking about Craig?
Yeah I'm pretty sure. They both did videos claiming to have been raped by the guy. Jamie's legitimately sounded real. Mike's well I wasn't going to accuse someone of lying even if it sounded somewhat sketchy. Plus this was after Mike had spent like a month defending Veeoneeye or whatever his name is on Twitter non-stop. Then they broke up and it was revealed that Mike had lied and then a bunch of tweets were deleted.

At one point it seemed like they both cared about each other. Or maybe it just looked like it but the "love" story of "Mamie" has just always had that PR twist on it. Even when they were broken up Jamie was begging non stop on twitter for people to buy his merchandise that had them as a couple. Plus the Mike loves Connor Franta thing got really disturbing regardless if it was all meant to be a joke.

Return to “Connor Franta”