Connor Franta Part 2

imppy
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Connor Franta Part 2

Post by imppy »

illegal_mind wrote:the price of the coffee isn't that surprising. everything that youtubers sell is overpriced. but $1? that's a really low value. i mean, with a higher price like that, it should be $5 to charity. and the rest of the money to the people making it. since it is for charity, he shouldn't make any profit, but as long as his cut is smaller than the cut that goes to charity, it's not that bad. but i'm gonna guess that's not the case and he's probably getting $5 per bag sold
Tbf the capital costs of coffee production are probably pretty low but the market prices of similar products are much and such the same. Plus the company that makes the product, the distributors, advertisers etc etc need to all be paid. It's super unlikely that Connor even gets $5 of the profit. $1 is actually pretty reasonable to donate.

Also, why shouldn't he be paid? He's the driving force of what's selling the coffee? Yeah it's for charity as well but he's probably put a lot of effort and his own time into making this.

fashion and flowers
Learner
Learner

Re: Connor Franta Part 2

Post by fashion and flowers »

Honestly I just don't bother with YouTuber merch. TRXYE jumpers are 40 dollars, and I just think that's a waste of money. I know YouTubers need to make money, but 27$ (including shipping) for coffee? I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't really know the standard prices for good coffee beans, but that seems a bit much. I can only hope that with the extra expense comes the benifit of it not being produced my child laborers.

fashion and flowers
Learner
Learner

Honestly I just don't bother with YouTuber merch. TRXYE jumpers are 40 dollars, and I just think that's a waste of money. I know YouTubers need to make money, but 27$ (including shipping) for coffee? I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't really know the standard prices of good coffee beans, but that seems a bit much. I can only hope that with the extra expense comes the benifit of it not being produced by child laborers.

TypicalTeen
Learner
Learner

Post by TypicalTeen »

fashion and flowers wrote:Honestly I just don't bother with YouTuber merch. TRXYE jumpers are 40 dollars, and I just think that's a waste of money. I know YouTubers need to make money, but 27$ (including shipping) for coffee? I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't really know the standard prices for good coffee beans, but that seems a bit much. I can only hope that with the extra expense comes the benifit of it not being produced my child laborers.
I know that the coffee seems like a lot of money, but for really good coffee beans that actually isn't too bad. I'm not a coffee drinker either, and I don't think I will ever be a coffee drinker. My mum is all about coffee, and knows a lot about it, she's pretty obsessed haha. She doesn't like the grocery store coffee, so usually she gets premium coffee beans from Guatemala, she gets the medium sized bag for a week, and sometimes gets the large, but rarely ever because she ends up not using it all, and the medium size is perfect for her. It's 50 dollars for one bag of her Coffee beans, (the medium size, it's actually a better deal to get the medium size.) I know it seems crazy, but I think because his coffee is premium, good coffee he isn't overpricing it. Most premium Guatemalan coffee beans cost around the same price, or even more. But the only thing is I think that the people who buy it should really love coffee, because that means that the purchase will be completely worth it. I don't think Fan girls (who don't even like coffee) should buy the coffee just because they want to support Connor. I mean, that is really nice of them but they may as well be spending their money on something they'll really enjoy. My friend was thinking about getting a bag of his coffee, when she hates coffee. She doesn't have a lot of money, so I convinced her to save it for something she's really going to use. So yeah, for the real big coffee lovers I think that it could be worth it, but for people who don't like coffee than I don't think it's worth it.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

[instagram][/instagram]
Credit:amazingfiru

dreammuffin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dreammuffin »

Quick catch up

[tweet][/tweet]

(I think she is being sarcastic because Troye is smiling in all the pictures)

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

There are many more great pictures out there if people want to post them.

fashion and flowers
Learner
Learner

TypicalTeen wrote:
fashion and flowers wrote:Honestly I just don't bother with YouTuber merch. TRXYE jumpers are 40 dollars, and I just think that's a waste of money. I know YouTubers need to make money, but 27$ (including shipping) for coffee? I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't really know the standard prices for good coffee beans, but that seems a bit much. I can only hope that with the extra expense comes the benifit of it not being produced my child laborers.
I know that the coffee seems like a lot of money, but for really good coffee beans that actually isn't too bad. I'm not a coffee drinker either, and I don't think I will ever be a coffee drinker. My mum is all about coffee, and knows a lot about it, she's pretty obsessed haha. She doesn't like the grocery store coffee, so usually she gets premium coffee beans from Guatemala, she gets the medium sized bag for a week, and sometimes gets the large, but rarely ever because she ends up not using it all, and the medium size is perfect for her. It's 50 dollars for one bag of her Coffee beans, (the medium size, it's actually a better deal to get the medium size.) I know it seems crazy, but I think because his coffee is premium, good coffee he isn't overpricing it. Most premium Guatemalan coffee beans cost around the same price, or even more. But the only thing is I think that the people who buy it should really love coffee, because that means that the purchase will be completely worth it. I don't think Fan girls (who don't even like coffee) should buy the coffee just because they want to support Connor. I mean, that is really nice of them but they may as well be spending their money on something they'll really enjoy. My friend was thinking about getting a bag of his coffee, when she hates coffee. She doesn't have a lot of money, so I convinced her to save it for something she's really going to use. So yeah, for the real big coffee lovers I think that it could be worth it, but for people who don't like coffee than I don't think it's worth it.
okay, thanks! I didn't know it could be that expensive (and I thought Starbucks was overpriced lol). I totally agree, don't buy the coffee jsut for the brand name. You might as well just donate the 27 bucks to charity imo

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

I'm confused has Connor left Playlist too?

christyimnotred
Debater
Debater

Post by christyimnotred »

sweetmm wrote:I'm confused has Connor left Playlist too?
Yes, he left with Troye. They ended up on the same flight as Tyler and Korey. Interestingly, I didn't see any pictures of Troye that didn't have Connor in them too except from his M&G.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

christyimnotred wrote:
sweetmm wrote:I'm confused has Connor left Playlist too?
Yes, he left with Troye. They ended up on the same flight as Tyler and Korey. Interestingly, I didn't see any pictures of Troye that didn't have Connor in them too except from his M&G.
I wondered why Connor left early? Do you guys know whether he has something to catch in LA? Troye went back for the Grammys and so did Tyler but I wasn't aware Connor has any commitments for that event.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Troye is his commitment.

lbr

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

manged wrote:Troye is his commitment.

lbr
Just wanted someone to confirm it ;)

youtubelover
Debater
Debater

Post by youtubelover »

I don't why troye is going back to LA but it isn't for the Grammys as he is not attending according to his tweet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

youtubelover wrote:I don't why troye is going back to LA but it isn't for the Grammys as he is not attending according to his tweet
Most probably as it is the Grammys w/end he scheduled to meet or start/finish a project with the person/s who currently in LA for the Grammys.

fleur-delis
Informer
Informer

Post by fleur-delis »

Maybe it's something related to the Grammy's, like one of the viewing parties.

TypicalTeen
Learner
Learner

Post by TypicalTeen »

I don't know why he's not attending the actual award ceremony because he announced the nominees! It seems unfair to me, especially when bloody Ingrid is attending the Grammy's and she has nothing to do with the music world. And I remember Mere (Stilababe09) attended the grammys last year, so I don't see why he's not going, since 1, he's a musician, a pretty popular one I might add, since 2, he announced the nominees, and since 3, If people like Ingrid who have nothing to do with music are invited, shouldn't Troye be invited too? After all he's actually in the music world.

dreammuffin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dreammuffin »

Capitol Records might also be throwing a party. Who knows why he isn't attending, but if he is flying right back home after a few hours at Playlist
i imagine he is working 24/7 on his record.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

[youtube][/youtube]

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

dreammuffin wrote:Capitol Records might also be throwing a party. Who knows why he isn't attending, but if he is flying right back home after a few hours at Playlist
i imagine he is working 24/7 on his record.
Yeah at Grammy weekend they have a lot of parties building up to the big night (and after the awards) where a lot of really important people attend. Record execs, producers, writers, everyone; basically the top people so that is definitely a place where a musician wants to be. The show is just optics while everything else is the perfect networking opportunity.

dreammuffin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dreammuffin »

[tweet][/tweet]

Leaving together.

Return to “Connor Franta”