Connor Franta Part 2

dreammuffin
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Connor Franta Part 2

Post by dreammuffin »

Both Connor and Troye do such a good job with comedy. I just said on Troye's thread: I wish they would do funny skits together. "A Bit of Troye and Connor"

frivolity
Learner
Learner

Post by frivolity »

really enjoyed the new video. though tbh i don't find his videos funnier or more special than everyone else, a big part of connor's charm is his earnestness and just how damn likeable he is. and he really was loveable in this video :love2: he doesn't need to go OTT with his skits or do anything that's gone through a zillion filters plus breathy dubbing for his charm to show through but i appreciate the effort that he puts into those other videos too lol.

i will admit that when the dress shoes came to the door i was like dress shoes!!!

since troye went to an afterparty i wonder what connor did? i'm still finding their siamese act this year so stinking cute <3

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

I just can't get over the fact that Connor left playlist early without any "real" reason; by now surely Troye has his own set of keys and can easily get himself in Connor's house.

Connor strength is his comedy sketches and I hope he continue to focus in producing them; however viewers should also give him a chance to let him experiment with other styles for his own self development in filming.
Credit:amazingfiru

dreammuffin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dreammuffin »

frivolity wrote:really enjoyed the new video. though tbh i don't find his videos funnier or more special than everyone else (snip) <3
Honestly, when he does his skits; I find his videos funnier, better edited and more enjoyable than most of the popular youtubers.

frivolity
Learner
Learner

Post by frivolity »

dreammuffin wrote:
frivolity wrote:really enjoyed the new video. though tbh i don't find his videos funnier or more special than everyone else (snip) <3
Honestly, when he does his skits; I find his videos funnier, better edited and more enjoyable than most of the popular youtubers.
maybe i just don't find skits from youtubers all that funny at all as i personally do find specific challenge videos funnier (i nearly bust a gut laughing at the whisper challenge that troye, connor, louise, tyler and joe did). i definitely agree that connor's videos are generally more enjoyable for me to watch though, regardless!

hypothesised
Learner
Learner

Post by hypothesised »

Squishy wrote:$1 to charity? Where does the other $18 go to? I mean, way to take advantage of your fans. For crying out loud, you can get Starbucks coffee at the stores for like $8.50. Someone should ask him what makes this coffee worth $19. Really pisses me off to see these people take advantage of their teenage girl fanbase. They love selling fluff products (no real content or merit) just to make themselves a pile of cash.
it's $20 for a bag, so i'd already accounted for the $1. honestly don't know about where the $19 will go, maybe to LA coffee club.
create yourself.

hypothesised
Learner
Learner

Post by hypothesised »

sorry for double posting, but connor's latest video is quite possibly my favourite skit of his. :-) it's so enjoyable to watch (and relatable, tbh), and it was especially funny to watch him relive his previous dates. that was horrifyingly enjoyable.

i'm getting really behind on this thread btw
create yourself.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

So what happened to those who were saying Connor would rather not acknowledge to his homosexuality and only came out to get it out of the way? Hmmm?

At the same time, did anyone really expect him to dress up as a girl for his "date"? I just like the casual approach he's taken to portraying his sexuality and love life in his videos.

july111
Informer
Informer

Post by july111 »

^i think people meant it more like he won't be basing his content around his sexuality.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

july111 wrote:^i think people meant it more like he won't be basing his content around his sexuality.
Nah, they didn't. And even so, he literally just made a video based on what we're to believe is his dating history. His videos don't have to be GAY GAY HOMO GAY I LIKE BOYS to still acknowledge that he is an out gay man.

dreammuffin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dreammuffin »

Perhaps Connor is concerned about being pigeonholed like gay people in the industry usually are.

For example, It seems almost every article about Troye has to mention that he is gay; so he is like "The Gay Singer". You know everyone is going to compare him to Sam Smith; ever though his music is more like Portishead meets Peter Gabriel.

TypicalTeen
Learner
Learner

Post by TypicalTeen »

manged wrote:
july111 wrote:^i think people meant it more like he won't be basing his content around his sexuality.
Nah, they didn't. And even so, he literally just made a video based on what we're to believe is his dating history. His videos don't have to be GAY GAY HOMO GAY I LIKE BOYS to still acknowledge that he is an out gay man.
Actually July111 is right, a lot of people were saying that he won't be basing his content around his sexuality; since he did say that he doesn't want being Gay to define him. Even though he came out he didn't want to be seen any differently, he still wanted to be known as Connor, not many people were saying that the only reason Connor came out was to get it over and done with; some people did but not the large majority. And I know that this recent video was based around his sexuality but that doesn't mean that all of his videos will be, this video was about feeling happy within himself, it's showing that he's 'dating himself' (not literally,) but he finally knows who he is and feels comfortable with how life is going. And also I think that he does acknowledge his sexuality (i know it's minimal) but he doesn't want to become a 'gay role model' or anything like that-because he said that he doesn't want his sexuality to define him and it seems to me that he just wants to go about you tube and playlist etc how he always did. Just because he is gay doesn't mean that he automatically has to join the LGBT team and become known for being gay, when Connor's right; it isn't what defines him, it's only a small part of him.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

TypicalTeen wrote:
manged wrote:
Actually July111 is right, a lot of people were saying that he won't be basing his content around his sexuality; since he did say that he doesn't want being Gay to define him. Even though he came out he didn't want to be seen any differently, he still wanted to be known as Connor, not many people were saying that the only reason Connor came out was to get it over and done with; some people did but not the large majority. And I know that this recent video was based around his sexuality but that doesn't mean that all of his videos will be, this video was about feeling happy within himself, it's showing that he's 'dating himself' (not literally,) but he finally knows who he is and feels comfortable with how life is going. And also I think that he does acknowledge his sexuality (i know it's minimal) but he doesn't want to become a 'gay role model' or anything like that-because he said that he doesn't want his sexuality to define him and it seems to me that he just wants to go about you tube and playlist etc how he always did. Just because he is gay doesn't mean that he automatically has to join the LGBT team and become known for being gay, when Connor's right; it isn't what defines him, it's only a small part of him.
Then you two and I must be referring to two different groups of people, because I actually was talking about a select few who literally made comments about how Connor only came out to get it out of the way and never make reference to it in videos, despite the fact that he has quite a few times already. You're refuting points I didn't make.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

manged wrote:
Then you two and I must be referring to two different groups of people, because I actually was talking about a select few who literally made comments about how Connor only came out to get it out of the way and never make reference to it in videos, despite the fact that he has quite a few times already. You're refuting points I didn't make.
Sometimes written words can be quite tricky; I read your initial comment and I guess because I'm used to reading your post I had a feeling you were "talking" about third parties that had made such remarks and you were jesting them. I guess some readers might take it as you were "generalising" and then starts to add/minus "ingredients" along the way to make points. (Hell am I even writing this clear enough to be understood :lol: )

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

lol That tends to happen. Maybe I should've clarified that I was referring to 1 or 2 distinct users, but being direct and being shady don't really mix. One of my constant internal battles.

devilsadvocate
Debater
Debater

Post by devilsadvocate »

I liked the date video. It was a skit, but there was still his hipster-y vibe to it. It wasn't overbearing, but still there. I like it c:
Sorry if I do something wrong, still new to this site. Feel free to correct me. :)

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

Troye is back in Australia right? Did Connor follow him?

[tweet][/tweet]

fleur-delis
Informer
Informer

Post by fleur-delis »

He's apparently in Melbourne, but I don't think Connor is with him, unfortunately..

PayjamaPants
Talker
Talker

Post by PayjamaPants »

sweetmm wrote:Troye is back in Australia right? Did Connor follow him?
Yep! Troye's in Australia. Of course his partner in crime went with him :roll:
ImageImage

[tweet][/tweet]

PayjamaPants
Talker
Talker

Post by PayjamaPants »

Apologies for the double post but it looks like Connor will be going to Amplify. Not gonna lie, if they come to Adelaide and have a decent line-up, I might actually go to this. Could be fun.
[tweet][/tweet]
(flattering photo :P )
[tweet][/tweet]

Return to “Connor Franta”