MakeupGeekTV

Mecaoni
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MakeupGeekTV

Post by Mecaoni »

She does the same look over and over again and for some that can be annoying. For me, I'm a true makeup dummy, so I like that it's easy for me to understand when she just repeats the same look with different colors. Thats not the problem I have with her.
The reason why I used to like her was because she always listed dupes for her makeup looks, but lately either her tutorials uses mainly makeupgeek products (and then she doesn't lists dupes) or she uses another brand but still lists makeupgeek eyeshadows or lipsticks as dupes. I just miss the old times where once in a while she listed nyx as dupe. I miss nyx :) When she lists cheaper alternatives, she no longer lists the cheapest, and it annoys me.
I hope this makes sense :)

Flaffy

Re: Makeupgeek

Post by Flaffy »

At this point I feel like she shouldn't even call herself a 'Guru' when she knows just as much or just as little as anyone else when it comes to applying makeup. She's not teaching us anything unique or groundbreaking or even showcasing any eyeshadow looks that could be considered something special, it's just the same placement of shadows in every video with different colors. Heck! even her going to a fancy makeup school in Paris didn't help one bit in building up her skill set, she's doing the same old tacky makeup looks that resemble the type of stuff that was on a Myspace makeup group back in 2007 created by amateurs and their 'MAC makeup' lol.

And I can't stand these filler videos she does, that video of her driving around ordering 'Low Cal' stuff at fast food restaurants is something that should not be posted on her makeup channel.

Nadezhda
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nadezhda »

Lol. Really? That video never came up in my list.. The last thing that came up was her video about work outfits.

Girl next door
Learner
Learner

Post by Girl next door »

if you check back at the old site i used to defend her cause i thought she was at least kind with her subs but i started to dislike her when she answered really rude to a comment that someone was telling her that she does a look again and again. Which is true. She became very conceited and less likable.
I was such a fan of her that i even wanted to purchase her eyeshadows but now i don't even bother watching her makeup videos THEY ARE ALL THE EFFING SAME!!! Neutral/white/sparkly eyelid and orangey/coral/pink crease.
She became boring and mean.

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

I find it very ironic that she's making an eyebrow tutorial.

Fuzzy Lego

Post by Fuzzy Lego »

This eyebrow thing didn't even make sense "oh if you're pale like me then black looks too harsh" What. How can she harp on about being pale when she's always getting fake tan?

Nadezhda
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nadezhda »

... I'm extremely pale & my eyebrows are naturally black. In my opinion, unless you have very sparse eyebrows, there's no need to fill them in.
Unless you're in some sort of play or dramatic photoshoot.

Girl next door
Learner
Learner

Post by Girl next door »

Yeah, it's funny how so many gurus pluck so much their eyebrows and then they make tutorials on how to make them perfect and they end up with draw on silly brows.

Btw pink crayon i freakin love your signature! <3

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

Did she really make an eyebrow video claiming "how to fill them in like a pro" when her eyebrows are absolutely horrible and horrifically fake looking, every video?

Flaffy

Post by Flaffy »

I can't believe she made a tutorial for how she fills in her tadpole shaped eyebrows, she does such a botched job on them the video should be renamed 'how not to do your eyebrows' with a comedy tag underneath. Marlena (if you lurk here) you need to stop calling your self a makeup artist now, there are everyday average fourteen year olds who can do a better job of filling in and shaping their eyebrows than you a 'proclaimed' makeup artist.

Flaffy

Post by Flaffy »

Nadezhda wrote:... I'm extremely pale & my eyebrows are naturally black. In my opinion, unless you have very sparse eyebrows, there's no need to fill them in.
Unless you're in some sort of play or dramatic photoshoot.
*sigh* I know what you mean about dark haired people unnecessarily filling in their brows, blame it on Megan Fox.

effervescence
Informer
Informer

Post by effervescence »

She was the one who introduced me to the youtube makeup community... and it stops there. Lol.

guest89
Lurker
Lurker

Post by guest89 »

ii miss the old Marlena! The new look is a bit freaky!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jamsandwich
Talker
Talker

Post by jamsandwich »

Had to laugh at her latest video (Giveaway/Gel Liners) where she was swatching the 'golden' (aka yellow) gel liner and said as she was swatching:

"'yeah, so these are super pigmented''
*looks at finger*
*rubs finger round the pot some more*
*holds up to camera*

We're not dumb, love. Your products are poor quality!

Mecaoni
Learner
Learner

Post by Mecaoni »

jamsandwich wrote:Had to laugh at her latest video (Giveaway/Gel Liners) where she was swatching the 'golden' (aka yellow) gel liner and said as she was swatching:

*looks at finger*
*holds up to camera*

I of course haven't tried her gel liners but her eyeshadows are actually super quality. They are really pigmented especially the black one. I wouldn't say (as many of her minions have) that they are better than MAC but they really are up there :)

I just don't get why people would call them poor quality when they obviously haven't tried them? I get that she re- rubbed her finger in the pigment, but you haven't tried the pigment, so don't state it like a fact that they are poor quality. You can say that it looks like it's poor quality when she had to rub her finger in the product twice (which it does) but please don't state it like a fact :)

Girl next door
Learner
Learner

Post by Girl next door »

jamsandwich wrote:Had to laugh at her latest video (Giveaway/Gel Liners) where she was swatching the 'golden' (aka yellow) gel liner and said as she was swatching:

*looks at finger*
*holds up to camera*

Actually the eyeshadows are quite good quality, but her makeup looks aren't.

pinkgemini
Learner
Learner

Post by pinkgemini »

I'm still subbed to her but I haven't watched her videos since she posted the low-cal fast food video. At the end of the video, she complained to her employee/camerawoman that she spent $60 just to make this video. Big deal, she can afford it since she's now such a health and fitness nut. :roll:

I remember in one video when she came back from Paris, she complained about wasting two weeks or something because they were spent on practicing makeup application in class when she could've done that/does that at home herself already. Has she even revealed the top secret MUFE makeup lessons that she learned yet?

witheverymove
Learner
Learner

Post by witheverymove »

pinkgemini wrote:I'm still subbed to her but I haven't watched her videos since she posted the low-cal fast food video. At the end of the video, she complained to her employee/camerawoman that she spent $60 just to make this video. Big deal, she can afford it since she's now such a health and fitness nut. :roll:
Watching that video I kept thinking "why buy it all on the same day?" Why not spread the video over a few weeks and then record/buy that one "unhealthy" meal at a time and think of it as the treat of the week instead of a binge all at once and wasting the food.

Theultim8troll
Debater
Debater

Post by Theultim8troll »

I dont really watch her videos but i stumbled upon a video of hers about outfits and it was uploaded a couple of weeks ago and i feel bad for her, her body is really disproportioned, and her face screams plastic surgery poor girl

notacelebworshiper
Learner
Learner

Post by notacelebworshiper »

I have a quick question: With her five minute face video or whatever, did she upload it twice? I could have sworn I saw it in my subscription box under a different name and then the next day it was uploaded again under five minute face? I could just be hallucinating :)

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”