BotoxTV- Part 8

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: BotoxTV- Part 8

Post by fizzwizz12 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:05 pm

what what? i had no idea about any tax evasion. oh i have some investigating to do!

she's so damn boring i never even knew about this. i just knew she slandered cocoa bear like crazy. nick too.

i really wish we could get one of her employees here to give us the real scoop.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:09 pm

caught the live chat. my lord her face is even puffier and tighter than it used to be. her eyes are so beady now.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

tar
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by tar » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:03 am

I thought she claimed that she had paid CoCo Bear (I hate that nickname) in full. Now I am hearing that she didn’t.
I knew she and Nick started the company together and I thought that is why he stayed. To keep her from running it
into the ground until she could pay him what he was owed in the divorce and because he was good at running the company.
I heard she had tax problems. I would have assumed that she took care of those issues right away.

It sounds like she has some problems both personal and professional. I was rooting for her but with her clothing line, the
prices are extremely high for what you get. I have a friend who bought something and it was awful. She paid a lot of for
the clothing too. If Marlena had done a good job with the clothing, I think she could have made an excellent profit if the
price point was right and the clothing was good. The clothing was cute but not well made and extremely expensive for
what the person received.

I think she should not be worried about repackaging when her makeup isn’t doing as well as expected. Work on research
and development of some great new innovative makeup. Don’t rely on tired old products that people have already seen.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:27 am

she's not really bright, obviously

auntiflo13
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by auntiflo13 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:23 pm

Kevin J Bennett has been working on a makeup line for someone for quite a while - I know he's Marlena's best buddy ....so I think he is helping her with the MUG rebrand
"People will provoke you until they bring out your ugly side, then play victim when you go there"

Cantwatchthisanymore
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cantwatchthisanymore » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:58 am

I haven’t kept up with Mrs I’m a size 12 but actually a 22 in ages!!

What’s happening with both her businesses, they’re hardly peaking interest and it looks like she’s stopped uploading on her channel.

Guess she’s working diligently on the MUG rebrand lol I hope for her sake she actually listens to her customers and stops making palettes with the same colour themes and eyeshadows.

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:42 am

Cantwatchthisanymore wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:58 am
I haven’t kept up with Mrs I’m a size 12 but actually a 22 in ages!!

What’s happening with both her businesses, they’re hardly peaking interest and it looks like she’s stopped uploading on her channel.

Guess she’s working diligently on the MUG rebrand lol I hope for her sake she actually listens to her customers and stops making palettes with the same colour themes and eyeshadows.
right?
she's been left behind in the beauty market. she's old news. i'm curious to see how her businesses are going to survive. they are limping along now.
and she wants to add jewelry to it. i wonder how she's affording it all. i can't imagine target paid a huge amount since her product is only in a few of the stores.

thankyousomuch
Learner
Learner

Post by thankyousomuch » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:06 am

The documentary premieres on Netflix on November 27.

auntiflo13
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by auntiflo13 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:03 pm

thankyousomuch wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:06 am
The documentary premieres on Netflix on November 27.
Do you know the name of the series? It's not on the UK list for Netflix that I can see :( I hope we can get it
"People will provoke you until they bring out your ugly side, then play victim when you go there"

NotWithoutMyTRex
Informer
Informer

Post by NotWithoutMyTRex » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:25 am

Going back to the tax evasion stuff... where is that all documented? What's the story?

thankyousomuch
Learner
Learner

Post by thankyousomuch » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:59 pm

The title should be out next week. Hopefully UK gets it same day or soon after!

Kazerella
Talker
Talker

Post by Kazerella » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:39 pm

FFS Marlena, can you not keep things straight :o 🤦🏼‍♀️
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

servingshadehunty
Lurker
Lurker

Post by servingshadehunty » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:31 am

Does anyone know the name of the documentary?

Edit: nevermind, its called Broken

Allaboutthetea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Allaboutthetea » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:33 am

servingshadehunty wrote:Does anyone know the name of the documentary?

Edit: nevermind, its called Broken
Is it on yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ANGELMAMMA
Informer
Informer

Post by ANGELMAMMA » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Holy Moly...."this" woman is now completely irrelevant. Marlena, please, please, please just concentrate on makeup and fashion on the thread we know about. You personal stories can have their own, separate channels.

You are very much a victim/downer. But to make a living, you need to brighten things up.

auntiflo13
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by auntiflo13 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:58 pm

I thought this was going to be a special documentary about Makeup Geek - it's not. It's a series documenting dodgy products - like counterfeit make up! I thought it was Marlena showing us through the whole manufacturing process by the way she was talking. she's not even in the trailer!

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:58 am

hahahaha she ended up on the cutting room floor. and showcasing shady products, well that's a lot of beautubers... looking at you jaclyer and twati.

auntiflo13
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by auntiflo13 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:02 am

There's a smaller Youtuber who reckons it's her 'Beauty and the Boss' series that's made it to Netflix....... I'm confused now !

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:52 pm

meh, i'll stick with my k dramas and other things for netflix. can't see marlena getting a beauty and the boss special... she claimed production was far too expensive and that's why they stopped it.

ItsDickSlider
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ItsDickSlider » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Honestly, if she didn't keep popping off about James Charles whenever something happens I would probably forget Marlena is still alive. Girl loves to sip that old tea!

It'll be second hand embarrassing if she barely gets any screen time in the Netflix show tbh.

Kittygalorex
Debater
Debater

Post by Kittygalorex » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:07 pm

Really didn’t need to see her Marge Simpson lips in that high def teaser of that Netflix documentary on her page. She’s huge and puffy looking as ever.

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:09 am

Kittygalorex wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:07 pm
Really didn’t need to see her Marge Simpson lips in that high def teaser of that Netflix documentary on her page. She’s huge and puffy looking as ever.
oh my, i thought the exact same thing! those things look like those old fake wax joke lips. and her going on about how she cried before she filmed with this crew.... not trying to play the victim huh.... sure

restraining order eh? did she mention that before? i know she was going on about his abuse, which never made any sense to any of us since she goes through guys so easily.

auntiflo13
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by auntiflo13 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:31 am

Well, it's aired here in the UK and it is an episode of 'Broken' - it's looking at how Chinese companies are counterfeiting makeup products. Marlena has about 5 minutes airtime where she says that one of her palettes was on ebay (Manny MUA's) at an extortionate price and upon further inspection, it was a counterfeit.

The film crew spent more time with Colourpop founders, Laura and John Nelson who also discovered fake Supershock shadows - which also gave me the inkling that Marlena's lab is with SEED Beauty.......

OSheaPunk
Talker
Talker

Post by OSheaPunk » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:49 am

The whole episode is stupid and seems like a commercial for Colorpop. The show totally misinterprets the reasons for the rise of so-called "indie" brands and really exaggerates the dangers and and prevalence of counterfeit makeup.I mean if you buy makeup from an open-air tent in the Chinatown of your city, Wtf do you expect? Of course it's garbage.

There is plenty of shady bullshit happening with "legitimate" brands that would've been a much more interesting episode.

ANGELMAMMA
Informer
Informer

Post by ANGELMAMMA » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:28 pm

I, for one, don't plan to GAIN weight just so I can wear Marste!!! I have a pretty plus-sized cousin. But if she were to stand next to Marlena, she would look petite!! She CANNOT believe that Marlena pretends to be a size 14, when she is more like a 24.

Marlena's thighs and upper arms are huge. OK, not nice to say. But, if she embraced her large body, we would have some sympathy for her. She busts out of her own Marste plus-sized clothes. How can she say she wears smaller sizes??? AS IF !!!

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”