BotoxTV- Part 8

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: BotoxTV- Part 8

Post by DaylightAmy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:11 am

It seems like the only person who's forgotten where they came from is Marlena herself :roll:

It's frustrating to watch people put her on a pedestal that she didn't earn until she came after people who others wanted to hate. Here's a tip... your intentions don't matter, Marlena. You can tell yourself you're good and selfless person all you want... your actions speak louder, and eventually they will come back to bite you. You're being petty, hypocritical and opportunistic - the end. You're making your name dragging other people - whether they deserve it or not, you've just signed your own deal with the devil so congrats.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:14 am

[Not to mention... can we stop for a second to acknowledge that she is going on camera literally CRYING about being called 'that woman' (as though it is a charged, sexist or racist slur... it's just a little shade honey) and the audience is somehow thinking that's not only justified, it's reasonable? Like I can't. You can't play the "I'm a calm, mature professional" card and then act like that... I just... the audience is so biased against James Charles they don't even notice how ridiculous SHE is being. Hate James, but FFS can we get some perspective?!]

lillemy01
Informer
Informer

Post by lillemy01 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:51 am

Ok now I have watched the whole damn thing. Jesus Christ! You guys I and I and I even my husband who was walking past a couple of time was like we know YOU are a saint. It is like if you want to play with the big boys then do it! You can’t go on shade people and cry about that women reply I mean come on!!! Is this really the worst thing you have ever been called?? And we all know that this was to get even on Jackle heck I would have done the same. Waiting for an opportunity to get back at that back stabbing bitch!

Poldl
Talker
Talker

Post by Poldl » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:15 am

I started watching her video but stopped early on, don't want to get myself worked up over her bullshit lol. Her little "I've been here from the start, oh how things have changed yada yada simpler times" bullshit is pathetic. Yes, the internet culture has changed, maybe move on like everyone else?

Of course the idiots on /r/beautyguruchatter are jerking themselves raw over this video, and repeat the same kind of whining. One person seriously said she cried watching Marlena's old videos because ~~ this community will never be the same~~ LOL! I don't know about them, but I follow a few lower key makeup channels and I'm pretty satisfied with the content I'm watching.

Now every has been in desperate need of views will make a 2 hour long drama video. Screw Tati for starting this trend.

OSheaPunk
Talker
Talker

Post by OSheaPunk » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:55 am

Poldl wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:15 am

Of course the idiots on /r/beautyguruchatter are jerking themselves raw over this video, and repeat the same kind of whining. One person seriously said she cried watching Marlena's old videos because ~~ this community will never be the same~~ LOL! I don't know about them, but I follow a few lower key makeup channels and I'm pretty satisfied with the content I'm watching.
Thank you. I thought I was going crazy reading that thread...like how can I be the only person to see through Marlena's BS? Thank god all you guys see it.

Quistis
Learner
Learner

Post by Quistis » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:13 pm

Let's see how she can respond to this?
Karma's after your huge ass, Marlena!
English is not my first language. :D

white trash sparkles
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by white trash sparkles » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:43 pm

The old cow returns to bash the youthful I see. Jealousy is evident in that video. Complaining about the ''influencers'' when Marlena was involved in her own crap herself. She got sent a lot of stuff in the early 2010's and was paid to promote videos but never told this to her subs. She's just mad her ship has sailed.

lovethat4me
Debater
Debater

Post by lovethat4me » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:33 am

Quistis wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:13 pm

I found this really interesting! Most of the shadows were already exisiting mug shades, the name still printed on the pan. She was obviously stressing about having all this product not selling that she thought she’d disguise it as “all new shades”.
It’s really a silly move...because most people depot colour pop palettes and make their own z pallet style thing. Very risky business move imo

jozu
Informer
Informer

Post by jozu » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:45 am

The blueish shimmer with a brown-red base...that is an MUG dupe of a Mac shadow, I believe. It is so OG, WnW has a dupe too in their most talked-about palette and it's probably 15 years or older.

auntiflo13
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by auntiflo13 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:52 am

Quistis wrote:

Too Faced have been doing this for years in their holiday release palettes. I was stupid enough to buy three holiday palettes before I realised. They remake old shades and give them appropriate names for whatever cutesy packaging they have that year. I believe they used old shades in both the Amrezy palette and the Nikkie Tutorial's palette - according to bloggers. I've also seen Urban Decay rename shades........
"People will provoke you until they bring out your ugly side, then play victim when you go there"

jozu
Informer
Informer

Post by jozu » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:06 am

People are really harrassing Melrae and I admit she's not well-spoken or have a snazzy camera presence. But she has actual criticism.

auntiflo13
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by auntiflo13 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:12 am

I've just realised that the MUG 'Stroke of Midnight' palette is virtually a copy of the Wet N Wild 'Comfort Zone' palette!
"People will provoke you until they bring out your ugly side, then play victim when you go there"

jozu
Informer
Informer

Post by jozu » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:38 am

That's the one. comfort zone is so old. Back in the day both MUG and WnW had Mac dupes, at slightly different price points.

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:44 pm

jozu wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:06 am
People are really harrassing Melrae and I admit she's not well-spoken or have a snazzy camera presence. But she has actual criticism.
i think she's given viewers a valuable insight to the LIES marlena loves to spew. MUG started as MAC dupes period. oh and was it crown or sigma brushes?
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

TourDeForce
Informer
Informer

Post by TourDeForce » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:53 pm

No defense here for Marlena but it’s business 101 to keep the same product and just rebrand. If we boycott all the companies who do this, we wouldn’t be using jack shit. It’s just obvious she lied about it so blatantly.

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:01 pm

DaylightAmy wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:11 am
It seems like the only person who's forgotten where they came from is Marlena herself :roll:

It's frustrating to watch people put her on a pedestal that she didn't earn until she came after people who others wanted to hate. Here's a tip... your intentions don't matter, Marlena. You can tell yourself you're good and selfless person all you want... your actions speak louder, and eventually they will come back to bite you. You're being petty, hypocritical and opportunistic - the end. You're making your name dragging other people - whether they deserve it or not, you've just signed your own deal with the devil so congrats.
well, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. it should be half way completed by now thanks to this sanctimonious fluffernutter. :rofl:
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:00 am

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:01 pm
DaylightAmy wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:11 am

well, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. it should be half way completed by now thanks to this sanctimonious fluffernutter. :rofl:
Road to hell is right... I called it with Tati and I'm calling it with Marlena. Saying "I'm a powerful, classy woman" in the mirror every morning for 10-20 years longer than the cool kids does not make you immune to reality. "Exposing" a peer with no actual gain for the audience, other than fueling their vitriol and making yourself look like a saint, just doesn't end well. People ended up seeing through it with Tati and people will see through it with Marlena eventually.

Marlena is adding nothing of substance to the discussions about Jaclyn Cosmetics. There are other professionals providing far more valuable insight into what can and can't have happened. Marlena is literally just trying to cast herself as the audience's white knight in the light of someone else's downfall. Same with James Charles. Nobody wants to like him. But nobody has anything truly damning on him. So people like Tati and Marlena latch on trying to make themselves look more credible than their own behaviour.

It always ends in tears. We'll be waiting.

white trash sparkles
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by white trash sparkles » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:25 pm

Has anyone seen Marlena's ''Abuse'' video? Abuse for her was her ex lover (was not specific) talking about her big thighs and telling her that she gained weight. Is truth abuse to her?

She mentioned that she went under the knife to get ''it cut out'' (her thighs) at one point. That I suppose lasted for 2 months before she gained back the weight. Come on now Mar! You got down to 160 from 300 years back and you could do it again. Your supposed body shaming from boyfriends and here on gossip sites (she mentioned a ''Guru gossip site (obviously here)'' is not because of ill intent but because of concern and even shock at how big you've gotten again. You are now back to the same weight you started at (could even be heavier) and at your age you could drop dead. This woman has no common sense

TourDeForce
Informer
Informer

Post by TourDeForce » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:29 pm

white trash sparkles wrote:Has anyone seen Marlena's ''Abuse'' video? Abuse for her was her ex lover (was not specific) talking about her big thighs and telling her that she gained weight. Is truth abuse to her?

She mentioned that she went under the knife to get ''it cut out'' (her thighs) at one point. That I suppose lasted for 2 months before she gained back the weight. Come on now Mar! You got down to 160 from 300 years back and you could do it again. Your supposed body shaming from boyfriends and here on gossip sites (she mentioned a ''Guru gossip site (obviously here)'' is not because of ill intent but because of concern and even shock at how big you've gotten again. You are now back to the same weight you started at (could even be heavier) and at your age you could drop dead. This woman has no common sense

I think what was mildly hilarious about that part of the video is she said something like, “He would make digs about my thighs and then I saw on these guru gossip sites that they said my thighs were big and I though oh my god. It is me.”

Uhhhhh. If she looked at herself prior to this realization, did she think she was a toothpick? Of course your thighs are big, hunny! What fcking fairytale is she living in?

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:34 pm

i can't figure out how she hasn't seen that her body is NOT THE SAME post surgery. she had proportions pre surgeries... now she's just fuckin' strangely shaped. she chose to do all of those surgeries, she cannot blame that on anyone else but her.. god she's an idiot.

NotWithoutMyTRex
Informer
Informer

Post by NotWithoutMyTRex » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:24 am

In Marlena's most recent video, the 1.5 hour feature presentation that is, two things stood out to me as being new information (I may well have missed it being shared previously / in another way:

1) She mentioned needing a restraining order. Connecting that dot with the Abuse video, and one would assume against Cocoa Bear, but without more information, we can't be sure.

2) She referred to her husband in the present tense. So I guess her Uber driver hit the jackpot. If he is the right person for her, great. I really hope so for her sake but it's hard to believe people when they always tell you how wonderful things are going until suddenly they're not.

Also, to clarify an issue from a few pages back, yes, someone here DID circle Marlena's thighs as being problematic. She was not making that part up.

Hopefully, you guys can see that image.

rosegoldenkitten
Talker
Talker

Post by rosegoldenkitten » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:17 pm

following

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:32 am

NotWithoutMyTRex wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:24 am
In Marlena's most recent video, the 1.5 hour feature presentation that is, two things stood out to me as being new information (I may well have missed it being shared previously / in another way:

1) She mentioned needing a restraining order. Connecting that dot with the Abuse video, and one would assume against Cocoa Bear, but without more information, we can't be sure.

2) She referred to her husband in the present tense. So I guess her Uber driver hit the jackpot. If he is the right person for her, great. I really hope so for her sake but it's hard to believe people when they always tell you how wonderful things are going until suddenly they're not.

Also, to clarify an issue from a few pages back, yes, someone here DID circle Marlena's thighs as being problematic. She was not making that part up.

Hopefully, you guys can see that image.
we fully admit that we did have that photo, and that we did circle her thighs... however, you can go back and see that it was not at all what she claimed it to be. we were not hateful, god every single one of us in one way or the other was concerned! she was changing her face and her body at such a rate, and claiming nothing was happening at all is a clear sign of "what the fuck is wrong you with type of denial"

real people tell you what is up, fake as people tell you what you want to hear. and marlena doesn't want to hear the truth.

spambotter
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by spambotter » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:14 pm

auntiflo13 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:52 am
Quistis wrote:

Too Faced have been doing this for years in their holiday release palettes. I was stupid enough to buy three holiday palettes before I realised. They remake old shades and give them appropriate names for whatever cutesy packaging they have that year. I believe they used old shades in both the Amrezy palette and the Nikkie Tutorial's palette - according to bloggers. I've also seen Urban Decay rename shades........
Nail polish companies do this too. OPI dupes itself a lot, banking off 1) people thinking nail polish expires or "goes bad" and thus buying colors almost identical to their old favorites and 2) the fact that it's the same few colors and color families that the general public is into.

Lori1985
Talker
Talker

Post by Lori1985 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:03 am

I sat through that long ass video. It was pretty balsy I thought till she mentioned she was leaving being an influencer. Then it seemed like a huge waste of time. It's easy to blow the lid off things when you're going to go hide and not do it anymore. I'd have more respect for her if she said she was going to start doing MORE videos and was going to stay up in the faces of the people she claims fucked her over.

I don't know much about her personal life or anything. I skipped her domestic abuse video because I just don't care about her enough to listen to it. I was on her side during the whole James Charles/Netflix thing. I didn't think James had a right to be pissed because it wasn't her fault that Netflix came to her instead of him. She would have been a fool to turn it down. What was she supposed to tell them? Sorry, but James Charles wants to do this so I'll pass? Nah, sorry James but eat dirt.

All in all, I don't think we're going to miss anything by her not making influencer videos anymore. I haven't watched her really in years and she's just boring. I dont use her brand either. The shadows are on par with brands like Coastal Scents, who are .99 a shadow for the same shit.

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”