BotoxTV- Part 8

auntiflo13
Has thanked: 0

BotoxTV- Part 8

Post by auntiflo13 »

Decided to create a new thread. If anyone can think of a better thread name, I can change it ...... <3 <3 <3
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

auntiflo13

Re: BotoxTV- Part 8

Post by auntiflo13 »

I have a theory that the emails between Jaclyn Hill and Makeup Geek were leaked 'on purpose'. Marlena got miffed that Jaclyn was doing so well with Morphe - so she decided to get an ex-employee (well, it wasn't exactly an employee - people said it was Nick, Marlena's first ex husband who leaked them - I think he part owned MUG). Marlena hasn't protested about these emails being leaked - she has just said 'no comment'. if she genuinely had nothing to do with the leak - I'm sure she would be taking action against the person who leaked them !

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

I think the video was made for hype, clearly

Lutine
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lutine »

Lately there's so much drama in the beauty community (Jeffrey Starr, Manny, Jaclyn...) and Marlena who is basically a forgettable name compared to them HAD to butt in to stir the pot some more, do the "pity me" show once again, so that people could take pity on her and buy her stuff. Remember when she said that MAC was competing with MUG or she attacked Rhianna for having created Fenty beauty? She is doing all this from time to time to keep MUG be heard of otherwise people would say: MUG who????

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I was super excited when I first found out she was making her own line of makeup. I quickly got bored with it because everything I bought, I didn't like lmao

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I have seen a couple of videos where Marlena promised a small influencer to promote her channel
if she would do the swatches for some contour shades. Marlena is still using them, all these years
later. So while she may be mad at Jaclyn and rightfully so, she has a few questionable things going on
in her line as well to smaller influencers if the stories are true.

I do hope that MakeupGeek speaking up about Jaclyn causing a huge loss gets traction because I am so
tired of Jaclyn constant lying and seemingly getting away with it.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

auntiflo13 wrote:I have a theory that the emails between Jaclyn Hill and Makeup Geek were leaked 'on purpose'. Marlena got miffed that Jaclyn was doing so well with Morphe - so she decided to get an ex-employee (well, it wasn't exactly an employee - people said it was Nick, Marlena's first ex husband who leaked them - I think he part owned MUG). Marlena hasn't protested about these emails being leaked - she has just said 'no comment'. if she genuinely had nothing to do with the leak - I'm sure she would be taking action against the person who leaked them !
It is definitely good to know MakeUp Geek takes privacy in business dealings very seriously :roll: other companies won't touch MUG with a 10 ft pole anymore now... what she is basically saying is: "if you don't keep your non-contractual promises with me, and someone leaks your emails to the public, I will definitely be throwing you to the lions without looking like I'm doing anything on purpose".
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

MonicaSD

Post by MonicaSD »

LiddlePallid wrote:I was super excited when I first found out she was making her own line of makeup. I quickly got bored with it because everything I bought, I didn't like lmao
Well, MUG was launched as a poor man's MAC (IMO) .. no creativity in the line, no new or innovative products - just boring eye shadow pans. Snooze.

Marin8
Learner
Learner

Post by Marin8 »

MonicaSD wrote:
LiddlePallid wrote:I was super excited when I first found out she was making her own line of makeup. I quickly got bored with it because everything I bought, I didn't like lmao
Well, MUG was launched as a poor man's MAC (IMO) .. no creativity in the line, no new or innovative products - just boring eye shadow pans. Snooze.
In Marlena's defense, she DID try to innovate, but failed. In a big way.
Those sparklers were a disaster and for some reason, no one was interested in any of her other releases (blushes, bronzer, highlights AND lipsticks).
Single pan shadows ARE and always were her best gig and she should keep it that way, IMO.
I have and still use 20 or so MUG shadows and LOVE that I can mix and match them into smaller, individual z-palettes based on what colors I'm feeling - where I like every shade and all get used.
While I still have a few favorite palettes (all the Lorac pros and a few UD), I always seem to use MUG singles.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Were the sparklers the ones that they sent out without sifters so they were just spilling everywhere and making a giant mess?

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

LiddlePallid wrote:Were the sparklers the ones that they sent out without sifters so they were just spilling everywhere and making a giant mess?

Yes !!! I didn't order any ...luckily.....I'm clumsy AF anyway......my husband has never forgiven me for getting the 'Christmas Eve' bath bomb from Lush a few years ago....he had his own set of glitter balls for quite a few days :rofl:

MAC in the U.S reduced the cost of their pans to $6 a year after makeup geek took off......... we still have to pay $12 for MAC pans in the UK....it's extortion! :(

Angela Rose94
Talker
Talker

Post by Angela Rose94 »

Lengthy video but worth the watch. A lot of people are not here for Marlena's shit

smackthat
Learner
Learner

Post by smackthat »

I don't know what possessed Marlena to think that launching a FASHION line was going to be a good business move. Clothing is even more saturated than makeup (if you can believe it), even more risky to buy online, and she was never a style influencer. Her very small (comparatively) Youtube audience is barely buying her drugstore-priced makeup, who's really interested in $100+ clothing items!?

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

smackthat wrote:I don't know what possessed Marlena to think that launching a FASHION line was going to be a good business move. Clothing is even more saturated than makeup (if you can believe it), even more risky to buy online, and she was never a style influencer. Her very small (comparatively) Youtube audience is barely buying her drugstore-priced makeup, who's really interested in $100+ clothing items!?

Marlena looks like she gets dressed in the dark....and she's forever squeezing her huge legs into tight leggings/jeans. I really fear for her circulation and lymph circulation........ no wonder her feet are always puffy ! :( There are some beautiful, classy clothes out there for the plus size woman..... yet Marlena insists on squeezing into clothing - pretty obvious when the sleeves are tight around her upper arms ....or she wears jackets that don't even cover a portion of her boobs! A well fitted jacket should fasten across the bust (even if you wear it open all the time). I don't know how she's going to persuade people to buy her clothing when she can't dress herself !

Sassycat
Talker
Talker

Post by Sassycat »

It cracks me up how Marlena is now basically a saint for speaking out against the bigger influencers. I wish people would realize she did that because she’s bitter and just wants more drive to makeup geek cosmetics. Before this she was basically forgotten about.

She’s not any different with her motives than Jaclyn or Manny are with their sales pitches. She’s just able to hide it better now that some of the YT beauty community is in a tizzy.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

It's honestly so annoying... as if it would take ANY courage for her to upload an out-of-breath rant that takes ZERO risks (no names named, no shots fired, just confirming the popular narrative) AND makes her brand look like some kind of underdog. Wow, so brave. You know what would have been brave... her actually thinking through what she was going to say and calmly, collectedly recording it and calling out actual offenders. She took no risks and she got all gain - because ALL the drama channel comment sections are now filled with "ORDERING MUG PRODUCTS NOW IN SUPPORT". This whole "truth about the beauty community movement" is turning into pure horseshit. The masses were on point for about a week and now we're all collectively misguided again, hearing what we want to hear and lynching who we wanted to lynch all along rather than who should be.

I don't even like Jaclyn Hill and I'M getting annoyed that she seems to be the only one copping the backlash. James Charles and Tati both state they have NEVER heard of ANYONE being paid for a negative review, and state they would have heard if that happened... and yet Jaclyn is the only one getting skinned alive for saying it doesn't happen.

And this, my friends, is why we cannot have nice things. People cannot handle wearing truth-glasses for more than an accumulative week per year.

Marin8
Learner
Learner

Post by Marin8 »

DaylightAmy wrote:I don't even like Jaclyn Hill and I'M getting annoyed that she seems to be the only one copping the backlash. James Charles and Tati both state they have NEVER heard of ANYONE being paid for a negative review, and state they would have heard if that happened... and yet Jaclyn is the only one getting skinned alive for saying it doesn't happen.

And this, my friends, is why we cannot have nice things. People cannot handle wearing truth-glasses for more than an accumulative week per year.
Truth!
Can't stand / don't watch JC, so I can't speak to his claim, but....

As the best makeup detective, Tati shit talks brands quite a bit and was the first one I thought of when the whole "paid to degrade" was revealed.
How many un-boxings (aka: "look at this product while I am not claiming an ad") has she done this year?
Un-boxings are really just "orphan #ads" (unclaimed).
I suspect that between all of her reverse snark-marketing "OMG" and orphan ads, "hidden sponsorships" bought Tati's new house.
She may pretend to be ignorant and not bothered, but "something" certainly sent her spinning out of control to a weekend in Palm Springs with mismatched shoes. Can't believe she exposed her pampered-pet expectations that she left her suitcase at home (because she assumed James would be ferrying her suitcase to the car for her). :roll:

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Yep. I actually adore Tati personally but I am really disliking the favourites-play happening in this witch hunt. They are all as guilty and innocent as each other, some worse than others. I believe the one thing Tati has over pretty much everyone else is that she's the only one out there who is treating YouTube like a proper job - she is actually uploading 5 days a week, and the videos always feel well thought through and not rushed. I can see why that is redeeming when you compare it to people like both Marlena and Jaclyn Hill, who in my opinion are at this stage just glorified salespeople who upload when it's profitable in some way (that is my opinion and perception of them). Tati at least is a real guru who covers a wide range of products and subjects, in my opinion she earns her paycheck... but that still doesn't mean it's right that people are picking and choosing who the saints and sinners are.

And that's how Marlena is now suddenly some kind of truth saint. Because people are picking and choosing who and what to be critical of. And she started it, to be honest, with her video... this whole situation could have been just Laura Lee, Manny MUA, Nikita Dragun and Gabriel Zamora and it could have died down. But now Marlena has safely inserted herself as some kind of victim of the situation and has kept the ball rolling... if you are going to imply that someone who your audience probably knows about did you wrong, say who it is or else everyone you've been associated with ever is going to get scrutinized... except for you, of course. You can just sit back and watch everyone else get lynched or absolved by the mob while you go around "staying classy" :roll:

Meanwhile someone tweets at Marlena that Samantha Ravndahl has come out saying MUG has been using her image to promote a product for free for the past two years and she has the nerve to respond "oh wow why didn't she say something sooner". Yup, classy.

MonicaSD

Post by MonicaSD »

Well this was interesting .. saw this on Pretty Pastel Please youtube channel (never watched her before, just happened to see it on my feed).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gakawak
Informer
Informer

Post by gakawak »

auntiflo13 wrote: MAC in the U.S reduced the cost of their pans to $6 a year after makeup geek took off......... we still have to pay $12 for MAC pans in the UK....it's extortion! :(
MAC would be probably be really struggling if it weren't for their collabs. The quality just isn't there with most of their products to justify the price.

Plus, I think that selling single eye shadow pans is probably a bit outdated of a model, except for indie brands. It is fine to have on the side, but palettes seem to be where the big bucks are at. Even that is a really saturated market.

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”