BotoxTV- Part 8

auntiflo13
Has thanked: 0

Re: BotoxTV- Part 8

Post by auntiflo13 »

Beauty Bay are no longer stocking her make up!
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

auntiflo13 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:25 am
hopefully she's planned for the future. this third marriage won't work out for her....

i saw she apparently fell off a dock and hurt herself. i know this is probably gonna get hate. but do you think she would sink or float?
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:36 am
auntiflo13 wrote:
hopefully she's planned for the future. this third marriage won't work out for her....

i saw she apparently fell off a dock and hurt herself. i know this is probably gonna get hate. but do you think she would sink or float?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Part of me thinks she would float in that surgical strength underwear .....plus she has the lips that look like a life ring ! But, I look at her ass and think she'd go down faster than a broke lift/elevator ! :rofl:

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

auntiflo13 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:50 am
fizzwizz12 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:36 am
auntiflo13 wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Part of me thinks she would float in that surgical strength underwear .....plus she has the lips that look like a life ring ! But, I look at her ass and think she'd go down faster than a broke lift/elevator ! :rofl:
Oh my! Both of you are hilarious! :lol!: :lol!:

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

We need to get her topic up and going again. Make her entertaining enough to read. I had honestly forgotten about her.
But now that I have remembered I am going to try to keep up.

NotWithoutMyTRex
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by NotWithoutMyTRex »

I can't remember where I saw it - it may have been Twitter - but she popped up and apologised for not being up to date with her communication. Something about being preoccupied with her personal life. And it shows. The falling off the radar means there's nothing to discuss and without people talking about you / your brand, you're on the fast track to irrelevancy.

Quistis
Learner
Learner

Post by Quistis »

I checked her MUG ig (since I am blocked on her personal account) and I can't believe they are STILL posting about the foiled eyeshadows! I have some of them and I do love they perfoem, but God, woman, move on! Create and produce something different. She has always been distracted by her need to have a man in her life, than focusing on her business. So sad.
English is not my first language. :D

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Is anything new happening with Marlena or her brands? As TRex said...if people aren’t talking about you and your brand, you’re
irrelevant. We are trying to keep her thread alive with nothing to discuss. I haven’t checked Twitter. Maybe she has something
to say there. She should have spoken up when everyone was listening to her about Jaclyn Hill and others in the industry who
cut corners. Her friend, KJB, does with much success on IG. I am not sure she will ever have such a good chance again.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

When is this supposed Netflix documentary being aired with Marlena in it? Have they scrapped the idea?

thankyousomuch
Learner
Learner

Post by thankyousomuch »

She said on Twitter she isn't sure when the documenatary is being released but that she will update when she knows. I watched her interview with JenLuvsReviews and she did say a few things I thought were interesting. She said MUG shadows are marked up 500% (so at cost is 1.20) which is on the low side for USA made makeup. She said the Makeup Geek rebrand is slated for January 2020, Marste might be releasing some pieces in spring, and that her jewelry line is still in development. Also she'd like to do a webinar focused on makeup education that costs a small fee and provides product.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

why did she need a rebrand in the first place. mug isn't that old. mug isn't that popular. she stuck it into target because she needed the money to spend on her lousy clothing/jewelry line.

the rebrand on a brand that hasn't been around long seems like the biggest waste of money. remember when she was supposed to be supplying foundation, concealer and the like? i can't stand jaclying eilers, but marlena has a lousy business practice. she puts all of her exes to work, then she likes to put them on blast after it doesn't work in her favor.

she's an idiot.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

NotWithoutMyTRex
Informer
Informer

Post by NotWithoutMyTRex »

The re-brand is a confusing decision to me. The logo is staying the same but the packaging and almost all of the products are changing. Maybe I'm not very bright, but I don't understand why you'd alter products that people have historically loved. As for the packaging, good for them for looking for more sustainable options but I don't know that that's worth running your inventory and business down for. I don't know... I don't get it. I guess time will tell how it all pans out.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

since this section has been so darn boring. i thought we'd do a throwback tuesday!

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

1:11 where she says she's a size 8. i remember thinking about how i must have backwards body dysmorphic disorder and think i'm smaller than what i really am.

sigma3zl
Talker
Talker

Post by sigma3zl »

When she was talking on Jen's chat on Sunday, her business plan literally makes no fucking sense. Also, she doesn't even know the NAME of the documentary that has her in it. Doesn't know when it will be released.

I bet she's broke in 2 years. One year of her borrowing against loans, two to finally hit that she's a fucking dumbass who got in over her head.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

sigma3zl wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:23 pm
When she was talking on Jen's chat on Sunday, her business plan literally makes no fucking sense. Also, she doesn't even know the NAME of the documentary that has her in it. Doesn't know when it will be released.

I bet she's broke in 2 years. One year of her borrowing against loans, two to finally hit that she's a fucking dumbass who got in over her head.
i bet had she not been so damn concerned with having a man in her life and instead focused on her business... she might actually still have one. i'll have to check out this video. how do you not know the deets of a documentary you wouldn't shut up about a few months ago?

Worksmerk
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Worksmerk »

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:34 pm
why did she need a rebrand in the first place. mug isn't that old. mug isn't that popular. she stuck it into target because she needed the money to spend on her lousy clothing/jewelry line.

the rebrand on a brand that hasn't been around long seems like the biggest waste of money. remember when she was supposed to be supplying foundation, concealer and the like? i can't stand jaclying eilers, but marlena has a lousy business practice. she puts all of her exes to work, then she likes to put them on blast after it doesn't work in her favor.

she's an idiot.
Very true, both of her ex husband’s have helped build the MUG company and brand in ways that Marlena couldn’t do herself, and both of them have been slandered publicly by classless Marlena. And now since both of them are not involved with Marlena anymore, she has been quietly trying to deal with her major tax evasion case with the IRS and keep it under wraps, it’s been leaked that she owes millions....including money still owed to Cocoabear for his business contributions to the Makeupgeek cosmetic line. Marlena’s a shady manipulator that loves to play the victim role for her audience!

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

what what? i had no idea about any tax evasion. oh i have some investigating to do!

she's so damn boring i never even knew about this. i just knew she slandered cocoa bear like crazy. nick too.

i really wish we could get one of her employees here to give us the real scoop.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

caught the live chat. my lord her face is even puffier and tighter than it used to be. her eyes are so beady now.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I thought she claimed that she had paid CoCo Bear (I hate that nickname) in full. Now I am hearing that she didn’t.
I knew she and Nick started the company together and I thought that is why he stayed. To keep her from running it
into the ground until she could pay him what he was owed in the divorce and because he was good at running the company.
I heard she had tax problems. I would have assumed that she took care of those issues right away.

It sounds like she has some problems both personal and professional. I was rooting for her but with her clothing line, the
prices are extremely high for what you get. I have a friend who bought something and it was awful. She paid a lot of for
the clothing too. If Marlena had done a good job with the clothing, I think she could have made an excellent profit if the
price point was right and the clothing was good. The clothing was cute but not well made and extremely expensive for
what the person received.

I think she should not be worried about repackaging when her makeup isn’t doing as well as expected. Work on research
and development of some great new innovative makeup. Don’t rely on tired old products that people have already seen.

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”