MakeupThiefnotforTV--Part 6

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: MakeupThiefnotforTV--Part 6

Post by cheezecake » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:34 pm

autotroph wrote:
bundy72 wrote:Paleo strawberry shortcake? Don't worry guys it's super healthy, nutrient dense and sugar free.... Does she think fruit or honey doesn't contain sugar? And that eating cheesecake isn't unhealthy in any way because it's paleo? The amount of calories and saturated fat in any of the paleo cheesecake recipes is insane and we all know she'd be smashing back way more than one serve!
Organic chemistry again, YAY. Let's learn together AND shit on Marlena at the same time!

Honey is glucose and a fructose molecule. Guess what table sugar (sucrose) is? THE SAME THING. Glucose and fructose, joined together, in slightly different proportions.

Sure, honey has vitamins and minerals, but they're in such tiny amounts, it doesn't make a damn difference. For example, according to my nutrition textbook (NOT the internet), the amount of vitamin C in 1 tbl. white sugar: 0. Vitamin C in 1 tbl. honey: 0.1! And honey is HIGHER in calories.

In any case, bundy72 is 100% right. Paleo cheesecake is JOKE. Honey and fruit contain sugar that is ultimately broken down into glucose, regardless of the source. If Marlena wants to lose some the fat she's piled on, she should be sticking to FRUIT ONLY. Not "paleo cheesecake." What a fucking joke.
Off topic but i wanted to ask you this. I try to stay away from fruit as well and eat berries (sometimes). I think fruit contain a lot of sugar and i personally feel very hungry after one apple (i guess my glucose level spike and then drop). So am i wrong not eating fruit? I generally stick to protein

Cantwatchthisanymore
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cantwatchthisanymore » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:27 am

Don't think her liners were a success or hyped, usually you see every guru posting the same stuff around the same time. Wonder what her lipsticks will be like.

autotroph
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by autotroph » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:01 am

cheezecake wrote:
autotroph wrote:
bundy72 wrote:Paleo strawberry shortcake? Don't worry guys it's super healthy, nutrient dense and sugar free.... Does she think fruit or honey doesn't contain sugar? And that eating cheesecake isn't unhealthy in any way because it's paleo? The amount of calories and saturated fat in any of the paleo cheesecake recipes is insane and we all know she'd be smashing back way more than one serve!
Organic chemistry again, YAY. Let's learn together AND shit on Marlena at the same time!

Honey is glucose and a fructose molecule. Guess what table sugar (sucrose) is? THE SAME THING. Glucose and fructose, joined together, in slightly different proportions.

Sure, honey has vitamins and minerals, but they're in such tiny amounts, it doesn't make a damn difference. For example, according to my nutrition textbook (NOT the internet), the amount of vitamin C in 1 tbl. white sugar: 0. Vitamin C in 1 tbl. honey: 0.1! And honey is HIGHER in calories.

In any case, bundy72 is 100% right. Paleo cheesecake is JOKE. Honey and fruit contain sugar that is ultimately broken down into glucose, regardless of the source. If Marlena wants to lose some the fat she's piled on, she should be sticking to FRUIT ONLY. Not "paleo cheesecake." What a fucking joke.
Off topic but i wanted to ask you this. I try to stay away from fruit as well and eat berries (sometimes). I think fruit contain a lot of sugar and i personally feel very hungry after one apple (i guess my glucose level spike and then drop). So am i wrong not eating fruit? I generally stick to protein
No, enjoy your fruit! Berries contain soluble fiber and essential vitamins that we need. To avoid the "blood sugar spike," just enjoy your fruit with foods that have a lower GI (glycermic index). Carbohydrates are not the enemy -- our body needs glucose for energy.

Bottom line: Marlena's "paleo cheesecake" is ridiculous. Eat a moderate amount of whole foods under your recommended caloric intake and you'll lose weight. Period. You don't need fad diets and recipes.

HeyMama
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HeyMama » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:08 am

She needs to stop with this diet bullshit, find what works for her and consume it! These diets are not one size fits all! Fuck! No dairy, all fruit/veggie, no meat, no starches, blah blah blah! Unless your doctor and nutritionist suggest it, and it works, quit jumping on these diet bandwagons! If she has all these issues, to the point where her fucking hair is falling out, she needs to be working with someone very closely and finding something that will WORK! You may be able to eat raspberries but apples and oranges upset your stomach. Find the fruits that you CAN eat and incorporate them instead of eating every fruit you can get your hands on because your diet of the week says to eat only fruit. Instead of cutting out bread because white bread makes you bloated, find one you enjoy and that doesn't work against you, then incorporate that as well. It is trial and error in a lot of instances. If she is still having issues and constantly yo-yo dieting then I find it highly unlikely that she's being conscious about what she's consuming. She's filling her body with other shit and not being completely truthful about it. Instead, she's trying to find something that'll work and that will still allow her to consume garbage. Gaining "40 pounds over 2 years" (BULLSHIT!) should be a red flag that something is wrong. Get your ass to the doctor!
I do not use TT. Please message me through the GG website.

binks
Debater
Debater

Post by binks » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:20 pm

Can she really not see her foundation got all up in her hair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrs. Realistic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mrs. Realistic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:24 pm

binks wrote:Image

I don't have Snapchat so Excuse my stupidity, but, is she using one of those filters that makes you look like a granny or maybe a different filter? Her cheeks are lumpy so I thought maybe the white hairline, lumpy cheeks, etc. were the features of the filter.

If not, damn she looks old.

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:24 pm

^^ holy crap, that's hilarious.

1) she has not gained 40 pounds in 2 years. girl has gained back the weight she lost (thanks to the surgeries)
2) if her hair is falling out and she's having issues, why continue to stress it with coloring and extensions? why not just rock what you have and be proud ( i don't believe her)
3) remember when she wouldn't shut up about the mayo clinic shit? yea, whatever happened with that?
4) she's the same inside and out.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Mrs. Realistic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mrs. Realistic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:33 pm

I don't have Snapchat so Excuse my stupidity, but, is she using one of those filters that makes you look like a granny or maybe a different filter? Her cheeks are lumpy so I thought maybe the white hairline, lumpy cheeks, etc. were the features of the filter.

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:29 pm

Mrs. Realistic wrote:

nope, it's all her. she does look old and haggard.

also, what on earth does ashanti do? it's great he's staying home to help his mother in law... but how does she afford to keep him?
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Cantwatchthisanymore
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cantwatchthisanymore » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:59 am

That snap pic is gross, she's just aged herself more instead of trying to appear younger.
Got her priorities wrong, personally and business wise.

OVERFEDBUMPONALOG
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by OVERFEDBUMPONALOG » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:03 am

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Mrs. Realistic wrote:

nope, it's all her. she does look old and haggard.

also, what on earth does ashanti do? it's great he's staying home to help his mother in law... but how does she afford to keep him?
She has really messed up her face and really, her whole body, so I can't help but wonder if she thinks she actually looks good now after all the fillers, nose job, and other drastic cosmetic procedures than she did with her original, untouched face? Or, has she finally admitted to herself that it looks terrible and unnatural, but she's stubborn as a burro, and doesn't want to let us "jealous haters" think we're telling the truth? I mean...surely she can't think her body, face, lips, and nose look good? I am not familiar with the whole body dysmorphia that can lead to plastic surgery addiction, so I just don't understand why someone can't see they're destroying themselves.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:56 am

her under eye area is horrible, it's like she's wearing a face mask or prop for Halloween, you know, and her mouth is just yuck.

Cantwatchthisanymore
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cantwatchthisanymore » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:03 pm

Foiled lipgloss lol Original!!!

Lutine
Debater
Debater

Post by Lutine » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Uhm... wanna bet her new foundation stick will look like MUFE stick foundation that she bashed a few months ago??

She bashes big companies products but she's copying them shamelessly.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:24 am

She'll probably sell them without lids or something and get all butt hurt when people complain.

I'll call it now: the liquid foundation will leak. The new caps will come later though, yoo guises! She just really wanted to launch them now! *creepy shopping channel laugh*
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

Mrs. Realistic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mrs. Realistic » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:15 am

I have a feeling someone is going to copy Marc Jacobs Foundation. She'll claim it's better because her packaging doesn't suck - it's the shiznit guuuyz. (Can't believe I just typed that horrendous phrase).

Moxxxi
Talker
Talker

Post by Moxxxi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:01 am

Can I just say that the way she talks about how she's testing new 'this' and new 'that' in her snapchat videos annoys me? She makes it sound like she's doing a huge service, but it isn't. And also, she's one skin type, shouldn't she be testing on multiple skin types/colors? If she does, great, but she makes it sounds like she's the only one putting her products through the ringer. It just irks me, it feels like, "I DO ALL THIS FOR YOU GUISE."

Whisperofguilt
Talker
Talker

Post by Whisperofguilt » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:13 am

Not a lot of bigger youtubers have been hocking her new shadows but I've noticed she's been sending the collection to smaller youtubers. Most of them post affiliate links without disclosing and don't state they received free. Birds of a feather

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear » Sun May 01, 2016 12:40 am

I am very surprised she even mentioned Colourpop and Jeffree Star, I'm guessing because they don't carry products in direct competition with hers. She acts like what she sells is groundbreaking. It's cheap makeup and throwing in an ugly ass blue eyeshadow doesn't make you unique. Drugstore is filled with natural makeup because that's what most people prefer to wear in real life who don't sit and photoshop and instragam filter themselves all day. I highly doubt Makeup Geek is more successful than any brand in the drugstore right now, she needs to get off her fat ass high horse. She's an internet only cheap makeup brand.

OVERFEDBUMPONALOG
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by OVERFEDBUMPONALOG » Sun May 01, 2016 1:54 am

The interviewer should have asked her why her company has such a shitty return policy. You want to claim your shit is better than or superior to drugstore cosmetics? How about offering the same return policies when a color isn't what you've described on your site and in photographs, or doesn't perform as well as you claimed? Oh, right! That would mean having to actually stand by your cheap ass Chinese junk and admit you're selling horrible products with horrible packaging.

Where is this drugstore she is claiming to only sell brown and rose colored lipsticks? Most of the drugstores I've been in have more, if not better, selection of lipstick colors than Sephora, Ulta, and all the posh mall stores combined.

I wish someone who has access to a major media site would break the news about her rebranding shit products or do a chemical analysis about what's actually in MUG'S cosmetics. I guarantee you ALLURE would not have printed that mess if they knew the truth about MUG'S true place of manufacturing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ColdHeartedBitch
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by ColdHeartedBitch » Sun May 01, 2016 6:18 am

auntiflo13 wrote:
Lady-Ellie wrote:Image

Roulette and anarchy are two totally different shadows. Anarchy is a pink mauve.... Roulette is a really warm dusty rose colour... you can compare them on beauty bay : http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/make ... shadowpan/
in the late 80's, "dusty rose" was also called "pink mauve".
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional » Mon May 02, 2016 7:33 pm

Lutine wrote:Uhm... wanna bet her new foundation stick will look like MUFE stick foundation that she bashed a few months ago??

She bashes big companies products but she's copying them shamelessly.
Really? I thought she loved it; she slathered it all over in one video of hers ( ironically I think it was about not having cake face).
She should have stuck to one thing and perfected it instead of going in 10k different directions. I guarantee that'll be her downfall.

TrangPak
Informer
Informer

Post by TrangPak » Thu May 05, 2016 11:14 am

I loved how she insulted the MUFE pencils for the price and said they were made in the same factory. Bitch yours are terrible quality compared to the MUFE liner. I left a comment saying she mentions these products just to insult other companies

HeyMama
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HeyMama » Thu May 05, 2016 12:36 pm

Someone needs to tie this bitch to a chair. Take a fucking seat, Marlena, and keep your ass there! There is no point to these videos other than to throw shade and hype her own shit. MUFE is a HE company, and just because they're made in the same lab doesn't mean the ingredients are exactly the same. Do you stand there and watch them make the pencils? GTFOH! Naturally, she hypes Manny's "lip stains" but forgets to mention how ridiculous $19 is. Throws shade at Honest Company for the amount of product and price, then just HAS to show the new MUG blushes. Also notice how many times she dipped into them before showing the swatches. They still looked patchy AF!

Then she mentions color correcting, how cakey stuff looks, how pointless it is and how you have to pile foundation on to cover it. Clearly you have no idea wtf you're talking about. Sometimes color correcting is absolutely necessary, Marlena! If there is extreme discoloration then the individual usually ends up piling shit on, looking cakey, to try to cover it. Even then it isn't always covered. If you're seeing the corrector under your foundation/concealer then the color is probably wrong or too much was used. If it looks cakey, again, too much product was probably used. She doesn't even color correct and she looks like a nasty fucking mess. The price really isn't that bad considering how pigmented they are. Eat shit, Marlena!

Then she's gotta slam the Buxom glosses because of the packaging. JFC, your packaging is absolute shit! And do something with that nasty mop on your head! I used to do my doll's hair like that when I was 4. Idiot.
I do not use TT. Please message me through the GG website.

laurenr
Talker
Talker

Post by laurenr » Thu May 05, 2016 4:53 pm

HeyMama wrote:Someone needs to tie this bitch to a chair. Take a fucking seat, Marlena, and keep your ass there! There is no point to these videos other than to throw shade and hype her own shit. MUFE is a HE company, and just because they're made in the same lab doesn't mean the ingredients are exactly the same. Do you stand there and watch them make the pencils? GTFOH! Naturally, she hypes Manny's "lip stains" but forgets to mention how ridiculous $19 is. Throws shade at Honest Company for the amount of product and price, then just HAS to show the new MUG blushes. Also notice how many times she dipped into them before showing the swatches. They still looked patchy AF!

Then she mentions color correcting, how cakey stuff looks, how pointless it is and how you have to pile foundation on to cover it. Clearly you have no idea wtf you're talking about. Sometimes color correcting is absolutely necessary, Marlena! If there is extreme discoloration then the individual usually ends up piling shit on, looking cakey, to try to cover it. Even then it isn't always covered. If you're seeing the corrector under your foundation/concealer then the color is probably wrong or too much was used. If it looks cakey, again, too much product was probably used. She doesn't even color correct and she looks like a nasty fucking mess. The price really isn't that bad considering how pigmented they are. Eat shit, Marlena!

Then she's gotta slam the Buxom glosses because of the packaging. JFC, your packaging is absolute shit! And do something with that nasty mop on your head! I used to do my doll's hair like that when I was 4. Idiot.
GAWD I wish I could "thank" you for your comment 10 more times!!!! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one sickened by her "our pencils are made in the same lab" line. STFU Marlena, JFC not everything is about MUG! She only does these monthly videos so she can review products that are "similar" to her own & spend time on her own shit. You're right, she was totally trying to insinuate that her pencils are comparable to MUFE's. "Ours are $9" yeah & yours aren't made as well, so......????????

What really gets under my skin in these vids in particular is her constant "I checked the ingredient deck"ImageImage bullshit. Wow Marlena you are such a scientist, knowing all about ingredients that us "basics" are too dumb to know about. She should just start wearing a lab coat & goggles in all her vids to show us how educated she is.

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”