MakeupObeseNotForTV Part 5

MakeupObeseNotForTV Part 5

Post by Guest »

cheezecake wrote:
Cantwatchthisanymore wrote:She wishes they weren't all yellow based?
Doesn't she use yellow based foundation for her pink undertoned skin?

Correct me if I'm wrong...

So you'd think she'd be happy applying the incorrect foundation colour to her face and neck.
Camera/lights can be nasty bitches, so i am not rulling this stuff out, but the more i watch, the more i think she has pink undertone or maybe neutral but not warm/yellow!
Yes that's true they can wash out the face and it looks different on cam.
But I'm sure I watched her apply foundation where it was yellow and her face was pale with a slight pinky tone.
You could see it didn't match.

Just can't tell anymore with the tricks they do online and behind camera.

Btw...she can't pronounce a French word? Lol
I thought she went to France and has French things all over her house, few years back she talked about wanting to live there or something but the basic word of Love she can't pronounce, perhaps it's her plumped butt lips that hinders her speech. Image

Then again she can't say Contour...lol

laurenr
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MakeupObeseNotForTV Part 5

Post by laurenr »

Ok I haven't been able to come on gg recently but I just watched Marlena's new "Hot Or Not" video & I could not get here fast enough. I cannot stand this stupid woman.

She makes these "hot or not" vids every month JUST so she can have 20 minutes to shade other (better) companies. How do her stupid "fans" not see this?? I saw SO MANY comments commending her for her "honest unbiased reviews"......was I watching the same video as them?? She sneaks in these little comments like "NARS is known for catering to warm skintones" 1) I'm a makeup artist & have never, ever heard or read that, nor is it my opinion of their line- that's just her spreading her bullshit opinion. & 2) how would she like it if someone made a video saying "MUG is known for....."?? It's not respectful in my opinion. Comments like that aren't helping her cause.

But I have to say- my favorite line of hers from this video was when she (again) shades NARS by saying she doesn't think the shimmery blush shades in their new blush/contour palette are "on-trend". Bitch, not only do you have many shimmery blush shades in YOUR OWN LINE, but you literally launched a line of contour powders within the last couple weeks...something every other company in the world did like 2-3 years ago!! Talk about not on trend!!

I swear I'm not employed by NARS or anything lol she just had a lot of their products in this vid- but the last thing she talks about I think was their new skin tints. I can't personally speak to their quality so my beef with her comments isn't directly product related, it's the fact that she totally bitches about how she "hasn't been able to wear it on her face bc spf breaks her out"....ok Marlena, then WHY is it included in the video?? You just said you haven't properly tested it! All it does by airing your personal preferences about spf is leave a bad taste in people's mouths about the product. There are people out there who will take her word as truth & not try products bc Marlena said spf in foundation is bad. It's so frustrating!

Ok, last thing...easy for her to judge color ranges in every other line & say they don't cater to every skintone when her company DOES NOT currently offer any skin products like foundation, concealer, etc. when she finally launches those they better come in 100 shades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

laurenr wrote: But I have to say- my favorite line of hers from this video was when she (again) shades NARS by saying she doesn't think the shimmery blush shades in their new blush/contour palette are "on-trend". Bitch, not only do you have many shimmery blush shades in YOUR OWN LINE, but you literally launched a line of contour powders within the last couple weeks...something every other company in the world did like 2-3 years ago!! Talk about not on trend!!

I swear I'm not employed by NARS or anything lol she just had a lot of their products in this vid- but the last thing she talks about I think was their new skin tints. I can't personally speak to their quality so my beef with her comments isn't directly product related, it's the fact that she totally bitches about how she "hasn't been able to wear it on her face bc spf breaks her out"....ok Marlena, then WHY is it included in the video?? You just said you haven't properly tested it! All it does by airing your personal preferences about spf is leave a bad taste in people's mouths about the product. There are people out there who will take her word as truth & not try products bc Marlena said spf in foundation is bad. It's so frustrating!

Ok, last thing...easy for her to judge color ranges in every other line & say they don't cater to every skintone when her company DOES NOT currently offer any skin products like foundation, concealer, etc. when she finally launches those they better come in 100 shades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I rolled my eyes big time on her daring to throw shade at...NARS!!! Bitch, are you ok??? I mean, when she doesn't have anything else shady to say, she invents these "trends". Shimmery blush not on trend??? Wtf??? Where did she hear it??? Anyway, judging by swatches, they are not so shimmery. I don't have this particular palette, i have the "one shocking moment". They have perfect amount of shimmer in them!!! And mentioning this spf was totally unnecessary! This hand swatching and how it feels on her hand was pathetic! New Nars tint foundation is already raved about. Plus Nars does have range for pink undertones. Bs after bs!

She behaves like she owns Tom Ford Beauty. Come back to earth! After she launched glitter without sifter i can't take her reviews seriously

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

how is shimmery blush not a trend when strobing is a trend? and new CHANEL spring makeup has shimmery blushes! :roll:

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

Shit stain doesn't know what on trend is... if she did her snickers stripes wouldn't exist
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

HeyMama
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by HeyMama »

Wasn't she the one that did the Hologram Blush video where she used her duochrome pigment and put it over her blush? Seriously, Marlena? GTFOH with that shit!
I do not use TT. Please message me through the GG website.

Lady-Ellie
Debater
Debater

Post by Lady-Ellie »

HeyMama wrote:Wasn't she the one that did the Hologram Blush video where she used her duochrome pigment and put it over her blush? Seriously, Marlena? GTFOH with that shit!
That she did! LMAO!! Image

honest_girl_23
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by honest_girl_23 »

She's gonna say shimmery blushes aren't on trend when she has shimmery blushes in her own line. And one of her biggest shillers Jaclyn Hill bathes herself in shimmer.
Any spelling errors are due to auto correct

OVERFEDBUMPONALOG
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by OVERFEDBUMPONALOG »

When was this BH Cosmetics palette released? I thought she was touting in the very beginning that all of her products were made in the USA? The colors are damn near identical! Does this mean she's repackaging the same cheap made in China, eyeshadows that are being sold by MORPHE, COASTAL SCENTS, BH COSMETICS, etc. in palettes and as singles? Anyone have some MUG products and one of the other palettes or singles that can compare the ingredients and shades for us? How many colors are usually in a palette that is around $20-$30 that she is selling individually for $10 and above???!!!
1454888900969.jpg
1454888888462.jpg
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HeyMama
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by HeyMama »

OVERFEDBUMPONALOG wrote:When was this BH Cosmetics palette released? I thought she was touting in the very beginning that all of her products were made in the USA? The colors are damn near identical! Does this mean she's repackaging the same cheap made in China, eyeshadows that are being sold by MORPHE, COASTAL SCENTS, BH COSMETICS, etc. in palettes and as singles? Anyone have some MUG products and one of the other palettes or singles that can compare the ingredients and shades for us? How many colors are usually in a palette that is around $20-$30 that she is selling individually for $10 and above???!!!
1454888900969.jpg
1454888888462.jpg
From what I can see they're very new, only reviews are within the last month that I can personally see. I can look the ingredients up and compare.

HeyMama
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by HeyMama »

MUG:
Ingredients:

Triethylhexanoin, Dimethicone, Magnesium Myristate, Magnesium Carbonate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Aluminum Oxide (Alumina), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

May Contain:

Mica (CI77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI77510), Carmine (CI75470), Tin Oxide (CI77861)

BH:
Ingredients/Ingrédients / Made in PRC – Total Net Wt. / Poids Net. 44.8 g / 1.58 oz ℮ Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, O-Cymen-5-OL. May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035)] <51122>

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Supposedly MUG shadows are always talc free. That seems to be the glaring difference to me. The other ingredients seem to be the same.

Someone should have her shadows tested by an independent lab and check if they are indeed talc free.

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

OVERFEDBUMPONALOG wrote:When was this BH Cosmetics palette released? I thought she was touting in the very beginning that all of her products were made in the USA? The colors are damn near identical! Does this mean she's repackaging the same cheap made in China, eyeshadows that are being sold by MORPHE, COASTAL SCENTS, BH COSMETICS, etc. in palettes and as singles? Anyone have some MUG products and one of the other palettes or singles that can compare the ingredients and shades for us? How many colors are usually in a palette that is around $20-$30 that she is selling individually for $10 and above???!!!
1454888900969.jpg
1454888888462.jpg
It wouldn't surprise me at all, as a matter of fact, when I first heard of MUG, that was my first thought, if it turns out to be true, this will be a bigger scandal than Limecrime.
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

do we need to tip FDA or whoever is responsible? 8-)

Lady-Ellie
Debater
Debater

Post by Lady-Ellie »

I don't know about the whole repackaged and sold at an inflated price makeup deal like Lime Crime HOWEVER, MUG DOES in fact delete/censor comments that are negative towards the product JUST LIKE Lime Crime did. AND Marlena DOES constantly talk about how hands on SHE is with MUG, "Her Lab" what SHE'S creating... etc, etc.. JUST LIKE Lime Crime did.. SO... yeah.

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

It's almost time for a new thread, what should we call the next thread?
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

Lady-Ellie
Debater
Debater

Post by Lady-Ellie »

ColdHeartedBitch wrote:It's almost time for a new thread, what should we call the next thread?
Hmmm in light of new sketchy practice probabilities. . Makeup Thief not for TV? Image

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

WarmConTOUR not for Tv )))

gossiplurker
Talker
Talker

Post by gossiplurker »

I know she said she only got her lips done once and hated it and hasn't since, but to me it looks like she is still getting her lips done. Her top lip really sticks out in a very three-dimensional way especially when you see her face in profile angle (recent contouring video). She definitely seems to be aging well though, no wrinkles or anything. (Sometimes I find bigger girls retain more fullness in their face though which makes them look more youthful so that may be working in her favor).

I generally like Marlena, I like her products and she seems very sweet. However there is so much misinformation in her recent videos about products and ingredients, so much stuff she gets wrong that just makes me cringe! She said over and over and OVER again how this one favorite skincare product has "only 4 ingredients" not realizing those were only the KEY ingredients. You'd think she would know better since she formulates products herself. And several people corrected her in the comments, she could at least note the mistake with an edit to the video description. It's just totally false advertising for that product, I would think the brand would be bothered as well. Just that and a couple other things lately made me feel like she is really not the brightest bulb.

Post by Guest »

She's probably hoping the majority of the audience doesn't notice her lack of knowledge every time she opens her mouth.

As for the MUG products I'm really curious to know where it's really made because the black gel liner irritated my eyes so much it would burn. I don't get those issues with other brands and I've used a lot of eyeliners in my time.

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”