MakeupGeekTV Part 3

karmicrelief
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MakeupGeekTV Part 3

Post by karmicrelief »

kitty_mamacita wrote:Geeez Marlena seems to have forgotten how to blend! I hate that harsh line she has with her eye shadows and the ultra caked on highlighter. [CONFOUNDED FACE] Also has anyone else noticed that her eyebrows or nose fail to move AT ALL during the video? This girl is OD'ing on the botox. Plus her eyes look ridiculously stretched out. Could she be wearing tape? Image

Did she actually say her new "foiled" shadows crumble in transit because they're so creamy? Maybe (*gasp*) they just aren't as great as Marlena claims....

paigeannette
Talker
Talker

Post by paigeannette »

I liked the video, but agree the highlighter and blush are way overboard. She's also doing that stupid nose contour where you add a strip of contour across the top of your nose. It makes people look they have a Miss Piggy nose and that is not attractive. I do not know why people like this.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

You mean she's sponsored by weight watchers. She'll do any thing for money including lie through her teeth about weightloss and what she eats remember that wendy's salad video she did.

Looks like she's been in for some more botox. I don't know why she contours her nose so much either. Or why any one who's had a nose job, or multiple ones like Marlena has, continues to contour their nose so heavily. Why not just hack it off like your stomach if you think its so big. She looks scary.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

karmicrelief wrote:Did she actually say her new "foiled" shadows crumble in transit because they're so creamy? Maybe (*gasp*) they just aren't as great as Marlena claims....
I experience this with Houdini the dark teal shadow. I messaged them with a picture and they sent a new one right out. I was really disappointed with the shadows though. She raved about them and how you don't need any primer. After an hour of wear it was creasing so badly! And I had used primer AND an eye shadow base. I commented on one of her IG pics and another user said she talked about using a powder base for oily lids. Well, I have very dry skin especially in the winter so oily lids was not the problem. The problem was the product and how she marketed it. What good is a pigmented shadow if it never sets and continues to crease with wear.

shermansown

Post by shermansown »

^ Thank you for posting this. Their marketing practices have made it so that it is impossible to find an honest review of their product anywhere, and the constant exposure to it on youtube is hard to resist sometimes.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

I feel like her voice doesn't match her face. She sounds so young but then it's like... damn ^ The peaks and valleys of her facial features are so harsh and cartoonish looking. She got the fillers, but when she got thinner the rest of her face is sunken in.

Minayoki
Learner
Learner

Post by Minayoki »

I hate how everyone on YouTube is raving about these foiled eyeshadows. Just because they got it sent free doesn't mean they should manipulate their viewers into buying them. Marlena is making these out to be made out of pure gold.. Sure it's pigmented but that's what we expect already...

Hate how everything is sponsored and falsely advertised nowadays. Who are we to trust..

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

I stopped watching her videos, but every time I come in here, I'm shocked to see her face. She's aging herself by at least a decade with all those horrible fillers. She is a mess. Get it together, girl. I also hate her makeup there.

MelliBelli09
Informer
Informer

Post by MelliBelli09 »

kitty_mamacita wrote:Geeez Marlena seems to have forgotten how to blend! I hate that harsh line she has with her eye shadows and the ultra caked on highlighter. [CONFOUNDED FACE] Also has anyone else noticed that her eyebrows or nose fail to move AT ALL during the video? This girl is OD'ing on the botox. Plus her eyes look ridiculously stretched out. Could she be wearing tape? Image
She probably tried to do a cut crease, which is cool if done right.

I agree, way too much highlight and contour. I wear makeup almost everyday, but it never looks heavy like that. Her nose looks like a pigs nose (I'm not saying she's a pig). She looks awful. Doesn't anyone who cares about her say something? Her parents? Real friends? I tried on a horrible lipstick the other day and my friend said my lips looked like I'd just eaten a pile of sh$t. (I love my friend and her brutal honesty lol)

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Minayoki wrote:I hate how everyone on YouTube is raving about these foiled eyeshadows. Just because they got it sent free doesn't mean they should manipulate their viewers into buying them. Marlena is making these out to be made out of pure gold.. Sure it's pigmented but that's what we expect already...

Hate how everything is sponsored and falsely advertised nowadays. Who are we to trust..
Yes!! Why can't they be honest? Most people can see through the fakeness. They are pigmented and I personally like the shimmer. They are nowhere near super metallic. There are much more metallic/foil looking shadows out there. She feels the need to ALWAYS mention you don't need primer. Uh yes you definitely do!

Post by Guest »

Well I had high hopes for the foiled shadows and once I got them i actually wasn't excited, more like blah...I wanted to love them but it seems that the lighter colours made my lids look more creased than ever and I have normal to dry lids.
I tried moisturiser, primer and it just looked weird on me.
Even used my fingers to apply that was slightly better but still I'm not a fan anymore. The purple colour is sheer imo, and I found Houdini and flame thrower to be crumbly with fallout. So Marlena stop tooting your damn horn, the train ride is over!!!

ValWinchester1990
Informer
Informer

Post by ValWinchester1990 »

Part of me kind of wants to try them because they do look pretty, but then I remember that the Loreal Infallible shadows exist and they're probably just as pigmented or better and for cheaper.

tottles
Learner
Learner

Post by tottles »

I will say that I have about 9 of the regular MUG shadows and I really do love them. I think they are great quality - easily as good as Mac (which I actually find can be hit and miss). I think the mattes especially are impressively creamy, since nice shimmers are easy to come by. That's why I doubt I'll fork over for the "foiled" shadows.

But what a shame about Marlena. She used to be such a pretty girl. It saddens me to see her literally destroying herself. She needs to listen to Colbie Caillat's song "Try" about a million times. She never actually seems happy anymore

MelliBelli09
Informer
Informer

Post by MelliBelli09 »

ValWinchester1990 wrote:Part of me kind of wants to try them because they do look pretty, but then I remember that the Loreal Infallible shadows exist and they're probably just as pigmented or better and for cheaper.
The Loreal ones and/or ColorPop shadows are more "foiled". Even a MAC pigment.

They're not bad shadows, they're just not foiled.

shermansown

Post by shermansown »

Yeah and both L'Oreal and Colour Pop are cheaper. And a MAC pigment will last you for your whole life, or you can buy samples for like $3. For mattes, of which I only have two MUG ones, I personally think that MAC's formulas give you more control because you can build up the color to the intensity you want instead of having it be like BAM and then having to tone it down. MACs "matte²" formula is especially lovely -- it's like the perfect middle ground between MUG's formula and MAC's normal matte formula.

mek3
Learner
Learner

Post by mek3 »

My houdini crumbled also and they're sending me a new one. However I don't have a problem with them setting and Grandstand gives me life! It's also the closet one to being 'foiled'. The rest of these aren't foiled in the least but they are very nice metallic eyeshadows. Colour Pop doesn't ship internationally so I can't try their stuff. I will say for MUG they have some of the cheapest international shipping and my products get to me quickly.

These eyeshadows apply like a cream shadow so I prefer to apply them with my finger and then blend the edges out with a brush and I don't have to worry about them for the rest of the day. I normally use MAC's pro long wear concealer or layin low paintpot as a base.

Japanlover666
Informer
Informer

Post by Japanlover666 »

Have you guys went on her store website?! She is charging $120 dollars for the vegas palette and foiled shadows bundle. What the actual fuck? Does she think her brand is a luxury brand?!

Japanlover666
Informer
Informer

Post by Japanlover666 »

RoseHammer wrote:Image

I feel like her voice doesn't match her face. She sounds so young but then it's like... damn ^ The peaks and valleys of her facial features are so harsh and cartoonish looking. She got the fillers, but when she got thinner the rest of her face is sunken in.
EW What the fuck that makeup is so damn ugly!!

maluca
Informer
Informer

Post by maluca »

Jesus her face in that still frame. She's a shred of her old self.

Minayoki
Learner
Learner

Post by Minayoki »

Can you guys imagine what she's going to be saying when her store opens..

"you don't even need hands to swatch the products, they just glide right on"

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”