frenchfriesandpizza
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

RavingsByRae

Post by frenchfriesandpizza »

https://www.youtube.com/user/RavingsByRae

A body positive "lifestyle vlogger and blogger". I'm not sure but she's kind of rad.. Except it seems like I'm always proven wrong with these youtubers *silent tear*

Have any of you heard of her? What do you think?

chatteryteeth
Debater
Debater

Re: RavingsByRae

Post by chatteryteeth »

I saw her linked in Trisha's thread...I've watched a couple of videos of her and my first impression is she is extremely insecure about her weight. She makes a lot "I don't care, fuck you" statements that seem overly defensive. I clicked on her instagram and she's a lot larger than she looks on her youtube videos. She seems a lot like Trisha, they shout from mountaintops how confident they are and fuck you if you think they are fat, but confidence is silent, if you truly didn't care you wouldn't make a 20 minutes video shouting and swearing about how much you don't. You're fat and you hate it, either get over it or lose it.

NotMyselfTonight
Informer
Informer

Post by NotMyselfTonight »

She can get really annoying. I have to take her in small doses... I'm all for positivity, but she can be a little over the top.
:angel: fly high Christina Grimmie :love2:

Wavelite
Learner
Learner

Sarah Rae Vargas

Post by Wavelite »

I didn't see topic on SRV. Has anyone checked this girl out? Yikes!

rainboa
Learner
Learner

Re: Sarah Rae Vargas

Post by rainboa »

Overall, I like her. I think her bluntness is refreshing, especially on her Let's Talk About Sex videos. She seems to know how to dress her body pretty well. I didn't really like her dramatic/whiney attitude on her "body acceptance" videos when she talks about herself. Her accent is a bit annoying too. And I don't like how she talks about her kids like they're regrets (I know she loves them/is a good mom, but talking about them like that kind of turns me off).

Kadara
Talker
Talker

Post by Kadara »

I don't like how she sometimes has a tendency to put down girls smaller than her. Like, in one of her oldish videos, she was talking about how one of her guy friends said "they think thicker girls are better at sex." Like, what? I'm all for being comfortable in your own body, but she has no right to skinny girls. She's fat, others are skinny! You can't preach about loving yourself and then turn around and make fun of bony girls.

da1nty
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by da1nty »

Kadara wrote:I don't like how she sometimes has a tendency to put down girls smaller than her. Like, in one of her oldish videos, she was talking about how one of her guy friends said "they think thicker girls are better at sex." Like, what? I'm all for being comfortable in your own body, but she has no right to skinny girls. She's fat, others are skinny! You can't preach about loving yourself and then turn around and make fun of bony girls.

I understand what you're saying. But if I'm thinking of the right video, is it the one where she was talking about what guys think about bigger girls? If so, that was an opinion of somebody else (if this is the correct video).

Post by Guest »

I love her, I think she's hilarious and informative and she comes off as someone I would like to hang out with. It's really refreshing to see a youtuber so grounded and secure in herself. I hope that doesn't change if/when she gets more subs.

kamkardash
Informer
Informer

Post by kamkardash »

Has anyone seen her LA vlog with LoeyLane? It was pretty awkward, I feel like their personalities are so different that they probably didn't connect very well.
I can tell from the vlog that Sarah is the type of person I could only handle for about 15-20 minutes IRL.

ETA: Her eyelashes were sooo distracting throughout the video. Omggg chick needs help.

NotMyselfTonight
Informer
Informer

NotMyselfTonight
Informer
Informer

^ I came here after you said you said the same thing! I've been posting in her RBR thread though. Can we merge the two? orr

But I agree. Loey seemed really nice towards her though, but it's like Sarah was in her one of "Fuck off I don't care attitudes" that she seems to get.

What did you think about her I'm a slut video? I get that slut shaming is bad but she seemed REALLY heated over it... like, someone must have really pissed her off. Lol

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by badbitchlikethis »

I really dislike her. I first found her through her "What Guys Love About Fat Girls" or whatever video. It seems like she thinks she's somehow better than everybody despite her obvious issues. It's obvious that she feels very insecure/inadequate in her own life, her weight, etc so she makes up for it by putting on this loudmouth shtick. I think that's really sad.

I'm sorry, but I hate these girls who preach about how hard life is as a single mother and expect people to constantly praise them despite their stupid decisions (getting knocked up twice by some loser boyfriend). So she went to college, so what? A degree in communications is one of the easiest, if not useless, degrees probably available. She has such an inferiority complex it's amazing.

Besides her weight, she has an absolute horrible personality. I really don't see why a guy would want a girlfriend who is so tacky and classless. Her sex talk/I'm a slut videos are just so cringeworthy. She also seems like the type that gives feminists a really bad name, you can be a strong woman without having to yell, swear, and be constantly defensive about every little thing. Hopefully one day she'll realize how badly she's embarrassing herself.

MakeupIsMyLife
Debater
Debater

Post by MakeupIsMyLife »

I just found her today and really like her. I like and believe her way more then say Cora from vintage or tacky.

Thriftfabulous
Learner
Learner

Post by Thriftfabulous »

I actually enjoy watching her. A whole lot better than Trisha imo.

edensvensk
Learner
Learner

Post by edensvensk »

LOVE Sarah Rae. I think she's so funny and think she has a lot of good stuff that she puts into her videos. I do think she's probably a bit insecure about her weight, but I mean who isn't? I like how she is super real in all of her videos - she isn't afraid to talk about her sexual experiences, or cry whenever she gets frustrated with her body image. I think she will have a very successful YouTube career

mangolover
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mangolover »

I really enjoy her videos and I especially like her "Let's Talk About Sex" videos. Seems like a lot of gurus aren't willing to discuss those type of things and I applaud her doing them.

melveal
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by melveal »

Without even realizing it, she has become one of my all time favorite gurus! She's honest and funny and her videos are fun and oh so entertaining! She's a great gal and her personality is just lovely!! Kudos to her! <3 <3

PassionPeaches
Talker
Talker

Post by PassionPeaches »

She just posted a new "Let's talk about sex" video and she sounded very judgemental when answering the questions. :?

YTGossiper713

Post by YTGossiper713 »

Simply down to earth and amazing. :)

itsOk
Informer
Informer

Post by itsOk »

She is my fave!!!! So genuine!!!! I really wonder when and if Luis and Sarah are going to get more serious and move in together, he seems to be more and more into her life

Return to “Sarah Rae Vargas”