Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cooortisolxo - shaaanxo 11

Post by 50 Shades Of Salad »

Woohoo my first thread name :D

Anyway in response to one of xoBarbie's posts from the last thread:
I'm well aware that women suffer from acne well into their 20's and 30's, I'm just a bit confused as to why Shaaan doesn't take better care of her skin being a beauty guru, I mean I'm no beauty guru but it seems common sense to me what I should be using and what I should avoid in order to maintain healthy skin. All I'm saying is that it's just a bit shady that she's a beauty guru and doesn't realize some things. It's almost on par with trying to tell someone to take a shower because they stink :?
You have a point - for someone who is a successful beauty guru with a decent amount of disposable income, Shannon seems to buy into a lot of trendy skincare products that don't necessarily do anything for her skin. Those GlamGlow masks are a huge ripoff IMO - they're just kaolin clay with some other ingredients mixed in. It's so much more cost effective to just buy some plain kaolin clay on Amazon and make a similar mask at home. I don't think Shannon does any science-based research on skincare at all. She just buys whatever is popular at the moment and whatever she gets sent for free.

I don't think it's quite the same as telling a smelly person to take a shower just because if someone's acne is hormonal, topical remedies are only going to help so much. But I get where you're going with that. That's why I don't understand why Shannon doesn't go to a dermatologist - she clearly can afford it! I would be going to my dermatologist as much as humanly possible if I had her kind of money. She's an odd one.

[Sugar]
Informer
Informer

Post by [Sugar] »

Tack Attack wrote:bitch hardly ever drinks tea
I was so tempted to comment on that. She's never mentioned that brand before, and I bet my ass that she's never tried those unopened packets before.

Also supporting a company that preys on young girls' insecurity is so low.

50 Shades Of Salad
Gossiper
Gossiper

[Sugar] wrote:
Tack Attack wrote:bitch hardly ever drinks tea
I was so tempted to comment on that. She's never mentioned that brand before, and I bet my ass that she's never tried those unopened packets before.

Also supporting a company that preys on young girls' insecurity is so low.
I thought the same thing. I didn't even know Teami was one of those stupid tea-tox companies until I went to their site to look at the tumbler Shannon was shilling. I find it interesting that Sally Jo JUST did a video explaining why tea-toxes are unhealthy.

[youtube][/youtube]

---

Some people are seeing through Shannon's BS in the comments of her commerci-- I mean vlog :tu:

[Sugar]
Informer
Informer

Post by [Sugar] »

50 Shades Of Salad wrote:I thought the same thing. I didn't even know Teami was one of those stupid tea-tox companies until I went to their site to look at the tumbler Shannon was shilling.
I had an inkling it was before I went onto that site. All the signs were there: I'd never heard of the company before, a YouTuber was talking about it for seemingly no reason, and they had a coupon code. That just doesn't happen with a legit company, they don't need to have such an awful business model.
50 Shades Of Salad wrote:I find it interesting that Sally Jo JUST did a video explaining why tea-toxes are unhealthy.
Yeah, I find it interesting Shannon decided to pretend to support this company when she knows that so many of her subs also follow Sally Jo and would have seen that video. I'm so glad that Sally actually said something against these companies, it's a shame more people aren't speaking out and more people aren't seeing them and exposing people like Shannon for the fakes they are.

50 Shades Of Salad
Gossiper
Gossiper

[Sugar] wrote:
50 Shades Of Salad wrote:I find it interesting that Sally Jo JUST did a video explaining why tea-toxes are unhealthy.
Yeah, I find it interesting Shannon decided to pretend to support this company when she knows that so many of her subs also follow Sally Jo and would have seen that video. I'm so glad that Sally actually said something against these companies, it's a shame more people aren't speaking out and more people aren't seeing them and exposing people like Shannon for the fakes they are.
I was pretty impressed with Sally for saying something. I've seen lots of articles online before exposing the tea-tox industry, but so far haven't seen anyone I follow speaking out about it. I also liked that she said she's been approached by these companies before and has offered to do a sponsored post on just a flavored tea (not the poo-tox teas) and then the companies were suddenly uninterested. Sally Jo's transparency and honesty in that video is what I wish Shannon would incorporate into her videos. But I doubt that will ever happen.

---

Meanwhile... did anyone else notice this on Hamish's Twitter? I wonder who he's talking about. Could it be the assumed falling out between Shannon and Dani Mansutti?

[img]blob:http%3A//imgur.com/bbd381a2-9c33-4143-91d8-dabd4458dc44[/img]

noragrets
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by noragrets »

excellent title.

i'm actually surprised how many places i've seen posting about the kylie palette + shannon. it's such a non-event

[Sugar]
Informer
Informer

Post by [Sugar] »

noragrets wrote:i'm actually surprised how many places i've seen posting about the kylie palette + shannon. it's such a non-event
It's just NZ sites that I've seen who care. It's just a ploy to get views on their site by manipulating people's sense of nationalism because how dare Kylie copy a NEW ZEALANDER??

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Cooortisolxo - shaaanxo 11

Post by lurking10 »

That instagrammer tammy hembrow is always promoting that tea. I think it's a load of crap and can't believe Shannon peddles whatever lands on her desk to her unsuspecting followers. I don't know how some people sleep at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emmie
Informer
Informer

Post by Emmie »

God, those teas are SO bad for you. They are pretty much laxatives so you are constantly dehydrated plus, I remember reading about a girl who accidentally got pregnant because she was on the pill and drinking these teas, so of course, the pill went right through!

[Sugar]
Informer
Informer

Post by [Sugar] »

lurking10 wrote:That instagrammer tammy hembrow is always promoting that tea. I think it's a load of crap and can't believe Shannon peddles whatever lands on her desk to her unsuspecting followers. I don't know how some people sleep at night
Emmie wrote:God, those teas are SO bad for you. They are pretty much laxatives so you are constantly dehydrated plus, I remember reading about a girl who accidentally got pregnant because she was on the pill and drinking these teas, so of course, the pill went right through!
Shannon and the other people promoting these teas and other social media products don't care. As long as they get their free stuff or their cut, they're happy. It's easy to dissociate your actions from their consequences when they affect people you don't know or care about and when all that matters to you is money.

Shannon truly is a piece of shit and I hope she one day wakes up to that realisation.

50 Shades Of Salad
Gossiper
Gossiper

50 Shades Of Salad wrote:imgur.com/bbd381a2-9c33-4143-91d8-dabd4458dc44
Sorry y'all I don't know why my screenshot didn't post at first, here it is:

Emmie
Informer
Informer

Post by Emmie »

^^ It worked for me the first time?

EDIT: Wait, that was in Dani's thread. Lol. My bad :rofl:

Wuzzle
Debater
Debater

Post by Wuzzle »

When Shannon said they had to take the Range Rover back to Auckland for it's first "service" because they had done 1000kms in it, I actually laughed out loud. The main reason they have done 1000kms already is because they drove the damn thing back from Auckland. Are they going to have to take it back up there every few thousand ks? So that will be every second weekend :rofl: :rofl:

Post by Guest »

50 Shades Of Salad wrote:
[Sugar] wrote:
I was pretty impressed with Sally for saying something. I've seen lots of articles online before exposing the tea-tox industry, but so far haven't seen anyone I follow speaking out about it. I also liked that she said she's been approached by these companies before and has offered to do a sponsored post on just a flavored tea (not the poo-tox teas) and then the companies were suddenly uninterested. Sally Jo's transparency and honesty in that video is what I wish Shannon would incorporate into her videos. But I doubt that will ever happen.

---

Meanwhile... did anyone else notice this on Hamish's Twitter? I wonder who he's talking about. Could it be the assumed falling out between Shannon and Dani Mansutti?

[img]blob:http%3A//imgur.com/bbd381a2-9c33-4143-91d8-dabd4458dc44[/img]
Are she and Sally still friends?

[Sugar]
Informer
Informer

Post by [Sugar] »

MrsDoobie wrote:Are she and Sally still friends?
As far as I'm aware, nothing's happened to make them not-friends.

smolpotate
Learner
Learner

Post by smolpotate »

Wuzzle wrote:When Shannon said they had to take the Range Rover back to Auckland for it's first "service" because they had done 1000kms in it, I actually laughed out loud. The main reason they have done 1000kms already is because they drove the damn thing back from Auckland. Are they going to have to take it back up there every few thousand ks? So that will be every second weekend :rofl: :rofl:
It's so dumb! Anyone with half a brain cell knows that you dont HAVE to take your car to get serviced at the time the car company recommends it. They're just shilling more coins out of you lmao. And since when does a factory new car need a service that soon, unless you've had an accident ? What morons. Let's take a whole days drive and waste more money to achieve nothing??

propanelover
Learner
Learner

Post by propanelover »

I've actually stopped watching her. I don't like to surround myself with uninspiring, lazy people in real life, therefore I apply it to my online life. Shan is definitely in a rut. If she reads this, I hope she takes some of my advice:
1. Go vegetarian but do it properly. Cook with lentils. You cannot be bloated when you eat beans. They are so full of fibre, the next day you feel wonderful after going to the bathroom. Do not buy fake cheese, dairy etc. Imagine the preservatives in them! Eat your normal dairy but not with every meal. Eat more fruits and vegies, drink more water. The less out of a packet, the better.
2. Take up yoga and Pilates. She has the coin to do so. Invest in your inner health Shan. It's way more important than the outside. Pilates will tone you, strengthen your core, improve your posture and you will fell leaner and taller after a few months. Yoga will deeply relax you and stretch your body. Some positions aid with digestion.
3. Meditate. Look up Transcendental Meditation. It really will change your perception.
4. Do not mix all your skin care. Get a facial and have some skin care products recommended to you.

This is what I live by. I manage to cope with this working in Intensive Care as a nurse 8 days a fortnight doing shift work, studying full time and I travel an hour to get to work. That's 2 hours a day of driving.
I'm a few years older than Shan, and it's taken me a while to find what I love and what works for my body and mind. I'm 29 and in the best shape of my life.

Return to “Shaaanxo”