Luke Conard Part 2

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Luke Conard Part 2

Post by Hippo »

The worst thing about Fact of the Day was the a lot of the facts were wrong. I know Fleur had a whole video about strawberry seeds, but what she was calling seeds are actually the fruit of the strawberry plant. The part everyone wants to eat is just a receptacle.

If you're going to make a whole channel about facts, you should at least do some research.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

The facts were not interesting and a lot of them were those "weird" facts that always get put on "weird" facts lists that they almost become general knowledge. Also I think having such rigid themes with facts no one cares about and having them prerecorded so they couldn't make them topical really hurt the channel.

laurenconrad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laurenconrad »

I was curious about fotd as well so I went and checked to see when it started and ended. It started November 3rd and ended October 13. That was only like a few more weeks until he completed the whole year. I wonder if they planned on meeting up with each other sometime before the end and filming the last few videos along with like a thanks for watching or something.

Also did he ever finish YouTube's voice? Or announce a winner?

When he was dating Ingrid it seemed like he was much more invested in YouTube. I wonder if when they broke up his fangirls dropped him as well.

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

They probably did because Luke is pretty boring. I watched his videos just to see Ingrid or if he would mention her. I think Luke is in the wrong field of work. He's not much of a musician or a vlogger. I don't think there's really a place for him on youtube.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

pinkbows wrote:What ever happened to Youtube's Voice?
The last thing he ever vlogged about it was that they were waiting on some of the finalists to submit another video, and that they were having trouble getting in touch with some of them. My guess is some of them lost interest and dropped out, and they didn't have enough finalists to continue.

Unofficially, I'd say Peter Hollens "won" since he appeared in at least one music video with Luke.

Tcfoxdude
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tcfoxdude »

Anything luke gets his hands on always flops. Lol.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Tcfoxdude wrote:Anything luke gets his hands on always flops. Lol.
Not everything. He did win YouTube NextUp, and put his winnings to good use with remodeling the Echo Base garage. He also had a successful Indiegogo campaign, and produced a full album, went on tour and produced higher quality music videos with the money.

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by itsmebitches »

Kleineganz wrote:
Not everything. He did win YouTube NextUp, and put his winnings to good use with remodeling the Echo Base garage. He also had a successful Indiegogo campaign, and produced a full album, went on tour and produced higher quality music videos with the money.
I hadn't even heard of NextUp until a month ago soooooooooooo
A successful Indiegogo campaign? You mean where he asked for people to pay for his crap and they did? And sometimes were not even awarded their gifts? (as you said so yourself) Yep. That is truly a great achievement.
Also, once a legit music industry professional listens to his music and says he doesn't sound horrible then I will believe he has a profession in the music industry. Fan girls can buy him everything but that doesn't mean anyone is going to take him seriously.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

itsmebitches wrote:
Kleineganz wrote:
I hadn't even heard of NextUp until a month ago soooooooooooo
A successful Indiegogo campaign? You mean where he asked for people to pay for his crap and they did? And sometimes were not even awarded their gifts? (as you said so yourself) Yep. That is truly a great achievement.
He has delivered on all the perks but one for me, and he personally sent me a note that he'll be working on those video clips soon.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

Does he have any contact still with tanya and jim/any of the other brit youtubers?

I haven't kept up with this guy for months but reading through this thread he's become even more of a douche.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

ima wrote:Does he have any contact still with tanya and jim/any of the other brit youtubers?

I haven't kept up with this guy for months but reading through this thread he's become even more of a douche.
He's been practically absent from Social Media for months. He doesn't post as often on Twitter anymore, and he's practically stopped vlogging. It's hard to know who he's still friends with, other than Joey.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

I'm mad about Youtube's Voice because I actually submitted a video and they never did anything about it. Lol I'm not really mad, but I can't believe they didn't even try to do it. The reason Luke isn't successful on social media is his fault. It's not because of Ingrid. He never uploads regularly on his vlog channel. he only uploads when he wants to promote his music, and he only tweets when he promotes his music etc. There's no way to keep a consistent following if you don't consistently upload and interact with your fans. His problem is that he only does it when it's convenient for him. If, he would have continued uploading on a regular basis and do those stupid tag videos that seem to be so pointless BUT so popular he would probably still have a decent following and both channels might grow.

sandyfrink
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sandyfrink »

freckles mcgee wrote:Hate to admit this but I saw him, Alex Goot, and Landon live over the summer. I mostly went for Landon. Anyway, Luke was actually better than expected live. I think if he stopped relying so much on auto tune he would be so much more successful with his music.
Did anything interesting happen at this show?

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

pinkbows wrote:Def think him and Jaki are dating. She was on set for his new mv.
Did we ever conform how old she actually is? I cant find her age anywhere online.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

TheSnarkPalette wrote:
pinkbows wrote:Def think him and Jaki are dating. She was on set for his new mv.
Did we ever conform how old she actually is? I cant find her age anywhere online.
She's 19. He links this when she's in videos https://www.facebook.com/JakiNelsonEnt so we know her full name and her music (from soundcloud) so this status is without a doubt about her

There's also this instagram pic that confirms her birthday is september, and implies that last september (at the time of the photo) was her 18th.

Clemence
Debater
Debater

Post by Clemence »

an0n wrote:
TheSnarkPalette wrote:
She's 19. He links this when she's in videos https://www.facebook.com/JakiNelsonEnt so we know her full name and her music (from soundcloud) so this status is without a doubt about her

There's also this instagram pic that confirms her birthday is september, and implies that last september (at the time of the photo) was her 18th.
Wow, she looks WAY older x_x. Also, isn't Luke in his 30s? Why can't he date someone his own age? I dont even understand why anyone would want to date Luke. He's been in multiple relationships with younger girls and even cheated, he has no stable career, and lives with a bunch of guys in a mansion like he's a college boy in a frat.

sandyfrink
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sandyfrink »

I feel like he keeps dating them younger and younger…I wouldn't think it was a problem if this was the first younger girl he dated…But Luke dates girls significantly younger than himself. Usually guys that only seek out young girls are creeps…which we already know is true based off his Awkward Girl Stories.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

I never really had an issue with the age difference between Luke & Ingrid (she was like 23 or 24), and I have no idea how old Kristina was when they dated. But 19 and 32? Yeah...that's a huge gap. You're basically dating someone fresh out of high school.

Tcfoxdude
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tcfoxdude »

Dang, this so creepy. 19 years old????

I guess he likes younger cuz they're more impressionable. No self respecting grown woman (with the exception if Ingrid) would date luke. The ship has sailed Luke. You are too old to be considered for a boy band. I think all his "music" career is his hopes in trying to be part of a boy band.

ExcuseMeMiss
Informer
Informer

Post by ExcuseMeMiss »

There are days when I really like Luke and then there are days where I just pity him. I would like to see a "Where are they now?", of Luke in 5 years.

I'm willing to bet that he will still be dating women in their early to mid 20's. Still living with a group of guys 10 years his junior and going on "Remember me?", tours, where he is playing for an audience of less than 100 and selling Toasty t-shirts.

Return to “Luke Conard”