Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

User avatar
tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:42 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by tamithomas »

I know I've said this one but it's worth repeating to me because it ruined Tumblr after they removed it: Bring back the topic categories! When you have a general animal, music, art ect to chose from. This whole needing to search specific content sucks.

Lily
Informer
Informer
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:09 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by Lily »

I've noticed that when someone talks about feeling bad for being insulted for being thin, a "fat" person jumps on the post going on a tangent about how horrible their life was because they're fat and dismissing the thin persons feelings because "Being told that you look anorexic occasionally is not that bad." It seriously bugs me. Body shaming is body shaming even if you're thin. End of.
Image

User avatar
FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:41 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by FrozenLeaves »

Just reiterating: pretentious social justice warriors. Not all of them are douchebags but I keep seeing a lot of hypocrites. Especially if you actually look into their blog and not just a couple of the posts that roll across your dash

People bashing religion and no one says anything. But Insult an atheist and "get off tumblr! no one believe in flying spaghetti monster".

People who promote using drugs, especially weed. If you wanna do it fine, but don't act like it's cool or safe. I saw some dumb post about "100% of smokers and non smokers all die eventually" or something along those lines. That's so fucking stupid! So because everyone dies you're gonna kill yourself faster and cause health problems in other people too? Fuck off. Cigarettes are worse than weed imo.

"First "insert #" people to like this post..." :roll:

"Get promoted to thousands of dashboards. Must be following 'insert list of 10 blogs to follow' and like and reblog this post" No.

"Im probably gonna lose followers for saying this but..." And you were right. *unfollow*

User avatar
CoralCat
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 701
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 9:47 am
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by CoralCat »

The

"Everyone must have this on their blog"
"I don't care what kind of blog you have it needs this"
"if you don't reblog this I'm judging you"
etc etc
Image

User avatar
BoomShaka
Informer
Informer
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:14 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by BoomShaka »

Whatever I search for, depressed pictures always come up. I usually get this picture where it's all in grey and there's a girl just standing on a beach with some quote. It's SO annoying.

As for blogs I follow, I mainly follow confessions abut celebrities and TV shows sort of thing, so I don't really have any complaints, except for the poor grammar :D

- The 'bae' thing, I don't get it.
- How everyone seems to dislike white boys
- The text posts that are not funny and try-hard
- How literally everyone seems to hate VS models because they're too skinny (Real women have curves thing).
- How it's so cool to have depression, anorexia, bulimia etc.
- Moan about not having a boyfriend
- Chainmail (though this is on probably every social media site)
- 'If you don't reblog this, then you obviously don't have a heart'
- Links to different social media sites
- Complaining about trigger warnings

I think that's it :P
Image Image

User avatar
kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: Florida
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by kayleeee »

Tumblr in a way has ruined/turned me off to a few tv shows and movies because of how insane some people can be for the show or certain actors/actresses.

How people are being so negative towards education/schooling
Image
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

User avatar
lyts
Debater
Debater
Posts: 216
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:38 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by lyts »

everything
Image
65488HjK

User avatar
BornThisWay94
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 3367
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:01 pm
Location: United States
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 5108 times

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by BornThisWay94 »

If you are white, against gay marriage, and not a feminist: stay off of Tumblr. You aren't welcome.

-I always see posts mocking white people saying how selfish they are, greedy they are, how scummy they are, but when someone mocks another race, it's "racist"

-FEMINISM! IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT WOMEN CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT, YOU AREN'T ALLOWED AN OPINION AT ALL! I got told off by MANY people because I said it was inappropriate for a woman to expose her breasts in a public restaurant.

User avatar
TheFosterKid
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 438 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by TheFosterKid »

The fandoms are really what irk me the most. I haven't been a part of fandom since I was like 14. And now I'm over them because I can't justify obsessing over people I don't know.

But the problem is that it's sooo hard to find people to follow who aren't part of a fandom blog and when I do, they eventually turn into fandom blogs.

I stay away from my dashboard and I hardly reblog things anymore. I usually just browse tags now.
Image

User avatar
mousecakes

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by mousecakes »

Over the top social justice warriors. I left tumblr for a good amount of time, came back, and it was all over my dash. I probably unfollowed more than half of the people I have on there because of it. I go on there to see stuff concerning shows I like or funny pictures, not to be guilt tripped.

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2362
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:31 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by dazzle »

BornThisWay94 wrote:If you are white, against gay marriage, and not a feminist: stay off of Tumblr. You aren't welcome.
Why should anyone condone being against gay marriage?
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

User avatar
PinkPhoenix
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:04 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by PinkPhoenix »

^ Actually, if you are white, straight, and not a feminist: stay off of Tumblr.

Except the funny side of tumblr. Stay on that side. With the funny people. :tu:

But in all seriousness, those people against white straight people are just crazy people who think they're special because they're "different" and that if we disagree with anything they say we must be racist and/or homophobic. I think there's a good and bad side to every site, you just have to find out who/what to avoid.

User avatar
BornThisWay94
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 3367
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:01 pm
Location: United States
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 5108 times

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by BornThisWay94 »

dazzle wrote:
BornThisWay94 wrote:If you are white, against gay marriage, and not a feminist: stay off of Tumblr. You aren't welcome.
Why should anyone condone being against gay marriage?


I personally don't think anyone should be against it, but different people have different beliefs. Tumblr doesn't take to kindly to those kinds of people.

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2362
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:31 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by dazzle »

Yeah, but having harmful "beliefs" called out isn't exactly a bad thing.

And I don't know man, but seriously, I'm a white cis girl and I never feel attacked on tumblr, and I have a lot of social justice posts on my dashboard.
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

User avatar
FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:41 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by FrozenLeaves »

I don't see how you stand them. They're hypocrites a lot of them. It's hard for me to find any I like.
I know a lot of them mean well but they're so freaking aggressive. :?

User avatar
BornThisWay94
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 3367
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:01 pm
Location: United States
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 5108 times

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by BornThisWay94 »

FrozenLeaves wrote:I don't see how you stand them. They're hypocrites a lot of them. It's hard for me to find any I like.
I know a lot of them mean well but they're so freaking aggressive. :?


Yeah, they are. If you don't agree with the people of Tumblr, you're a piece of shit

sibkitty3
Debater
Debater
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:54 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by sibkitty3 »

I hate going into the fitness tag or any health tag and seeing porn everywhere. Like how is people having sex or a girl with obv photoshop boobs related to health and fitness!

The "DO Not EDIT!" at fantaken photos. I personally see photos of celebrities where they are shopping or travelling to another location. Even filming something and they may be on break, as an invasion of privacy. I listen to kpop, so when I see a photo of a celebrity having coffee (clearly not working), where there is a post underneath saying "do not edit", like please this photo was taken without their permission! You have no right to post it and say it belongs to you. Even if they say, no pictures, these people will still take them.

I saw a post where it said these sites spend hours to take the photo and then edit it to make it perfect, so we should respect it. Apparently it is okay to edit official/ news photos (because obv noone spend hours editing these types of photos, oh no). But fantaken photos where the celebrity is just walking around to buy coffee, do not steal it.

I do not reblog those photos, but if you take a photo of someone (most likely without their knowledge or permission), uploaded to a sharing site. Don't get pissy that someone may "steal" it. These people are basically being paparazzis.

walkinonadream
Learner
Learner
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:14 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by walkinonadream »

- Obviously made up 'funny' stories that almost always end up with 'I'm dYING'

- I think it's good that people feel they can reach out to others on tumblr, and get support when they really need it. But I have seen an increase of people asking for donations on there, and a few times I've seen these people their own post after reaching their goal and implying they're appreciative but they need more. And the vibe I get from tumblr sometimes is... if you in any way disbelieve anyone's story, you're a horrible person. But sometimes skepticism is a good thing, and in all my years in previous fandoms and message boards, many people who asked for donations end up found out for faking a sob story. Not to mention I wonder how many of these people donating money are teens using their parents money unbeknownst to them.

- Mistakes from others are unforgivable and are never to be forgotten. However you shouldn't hold any mistakes they've made in the past against them because they're only human and change every day!

- All of these' I love each and everyone of you on this site, you are beautiful, you matter' faux caring posts.

- Overall I just feel like I've outgrown that place. It's great to have all these idealistic mindsets, but for me I'm just like, been there, done that, and yeah... there are a lot of horrible people in this world. But do I want to be constantly be reminded of it by a bunch of holier than thou people? No thanks, that's kind of the opposite of what I'm on the internet for lol.

As you can see this has been building up inside me for some time :lol:

User avatar
tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:42 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by tamithomas »

pinkbows wrote:There's this tumblr that's a feminist blog that when a Disney put out a Little Mermaid crown, they chewed it apart with a 5 page essay (no joke) saying it wasn't pro woman enough.

It's a plastic crown.

Here's the tumblr: http://feministdisney.tumblr.com/

It's incredibly problematic.
Oh geeze, I hate SJW tumblr's like these. The type that tear apart just about anything that doesn't fit the progressive movement and pretty much shame you for being White.

User avatar
FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:41 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by FrozenLeaves »

Honestly I think the only reason I stay on tumblr is because of the artists I follow. That and nerdy blogs about science or cute animal blogs. They're the only ones who either generate original content or post stuff that's hard to get tired off.
Everything else is moody "inspirational" hipster pics, SJWs, and trying hard to be funny posts.

User avatar
AccioDawn
Learner
Learner
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:35 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by AccioDawn »

Man, I used to love tumblr so much and thought it was so perfect, until I realised what a mess it was.
Things that annoy me to no end:
- The made up funny stories in all caps that are just so desperate and not amusing at all anymore.
- How people on tumblr find something to be offended by in every.single.little.thing, they can't let anyone enjoy anything without tearing it apart, honestly the need to take a chill pill and stop taking themselves so seriously.
- How they add their own comments but then make it as if someone famous said them, thus gaining them more notes, but then you click the famous person's URL to see the post on their blog and realise it's not there. (this happens a lot with John Green, tumblr staff, etc.)
- How there are so many duplicate posts, instead of reblogging and keeping the credits, they post it as their own.
- Shipping wars, shipping wars, shipping wars.
- How if you don't agree with their opinion then you're wrong and you shouldn't express your opinion
- The whole war on cis people, like okay, I get being a minority and being marginalised and mocked, but they take it too far with their hate.
Image

User avatar
tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:42 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by tamithomas »

AccioDawn wrote:Man, I used to love tumblr so much and thought it was so perfect, until I realised what a mess it was.
Things that annoy me to no end:
- The made up funny stories in all caps that are just so desperate and not amusing at all anymore.
- How people on tumblr find something to be offended by in every.single.little.thing, they can't let anyone enjoy anything without tearing it apart, honestly the need to take a chill pill and stop taking themselves so seriously.
- How they add their own comments but then make it as if someone famous said them, thus gaining them more notes, but then you click the famous person's URL to see the post on their blog and realise it's not there. (this happens a lot with John Green, tumblr staff, etc.)
- How there are so many duplicate posts, instead of reblogging and keeping the credits, they post it as their own.
- Shipping wars, shipping wars, shipping wars.
- How if you don't agree with their opinion then you're wrong and you shouldn't express your opinion
- The whole war on cis people, like okay, I get being a minority and being marginalised and mocked, but they take it too far with their hate.
So freaking true.

ravioliiii
Talker
Talker
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:42 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by ravioliiii »

The fixation on being perfect. I had a really low point when I was 14 where I was fixated on being the perfect metalhead girl and it fricking killed me, the amount of hate on tumblr is sickening.

The stereotypical tumblr feminists.
"omg I reblogged 1 pic of a trans female, I'm SUCH a feminist <33333"

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1243
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:03 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by RoseHammer »

Tumblr has spilled out onto other sites, a whole lot of them are basically shut-ins who are on some kind of crusade for a cause they picked up from the internet for the most part. They perpetuate all this blind hate and despite acting like self-made activists who think they're fighting for women's rights or gay rights they're just as disgusting and sexist as anyone else.

If you really think that you're doing the world good by "getting revenge" on certain groups ( cis, straight, white, males, whatever) you just come off as a bunch of whiny keyboard warrior cunts that don't you know what the fuck you're talking about. Put your money where your mouth is and say that shit in public, I dare you.


Sorry for the rant, I think I might need to get off the internets and have some tea <3

User avatar
wanderer
Debater
Debater
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by wanderer »

The feminists that parade around with pictures of their hairy underarms/ legs and then play the internalized misogyny card when someone finds it gross*

*not saying I find unshaved bodies on females gross, I couldn't care less, BUT the people criticizing have just as much of a right to comment on it, as you do to display yourself all over the internet

Post Reply

Return to “Tumblr”