Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

wanderer
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Things That Annoy You on Tumblr

Post by wanderer »

Echoing all the people that are saying the anit-white blogs. I don't really get it. Please note that I'm not referring to posts that point out times in history where white people were responsible for horrific acts (eg. genocide of first nation peoples) and saying that those issues should be ignored or anything. Some blogs just take it to a whole new level
Example: this post/ blog in general

Kizz
Informer
Informer

Post by Kizz »

"You must be heartless if you don't have this on your blog!!!!" "This doesn't even go with the theme of my blog but I HAVE to reblog it" reblogging posts about cancer, aids or Ebola isn't going to cure it nor is trying to guilt trip people into reblogging it!!

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

^^^ "I TRIED to scroll passed this"

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 0222 »

All the Sasha Grey worshiping, daddy/baby, sub/dom, lolita, nymphet blogs. Ugh! :roll:

perf
Informer
Informer

Post by perf »

Ok...this kind of goes into unpopular opinions, but on tumblr I just saw this post of the "aromantic spectrum" and it's things like "doesn't have romantic feelings but wishes they did" and "has romantic feelings but doesn't want them reciprocated" like sorry, I am 100% for freedom of gender identity and sexuality but I feel like romance isn't something so intrinsic, it's really a societal thing and it fluctuates so much from relationship to relationship, like this is just people who want labels to put on their feelings to feel special IMO sorry if that's harsh but...if someone came up to me and said they were "demi-aromantic" I would respect them and that label...like, do you, but to me it's kind of typical special snowflake bs when political correctness goes too far...

(bad grammar, whatever)

Kizz
Informer
Informer

Post by Kizz »

Vegans/health freaks trying to shame anyone who eats meat or processed foods. Great, you're controlled and only eat this and this but im happy eating meat thank you

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

perf wrote:Ok...this kind of goes into unpopular opinions, but on tumblr I just saw this post of the "aromantic spectrum" and it's things like "doesn't have romantic feelings but wishes they did" and "has romantic feelings but doesn't want them reciprocated" like sorry, I am 100% for freedom of gender identity and sexuality but I feel like romance isn't something so intrinsic, it's really a societal thing and it fluctuates so much from relationship to relationship, like this is just people who want labels to put on their feelings to feel special IMO sorry if that's harsh but...if someone came up to me and said they were "demi-aromantic" I would respect them and that label...like, do you, but to me it's kind of typical special snowflake bs when political correctness goes too far...

(bad grammar, whatever)
I talked to my therapist about all of the whole "has romantic feelings but doesn't want sex with anyone" and "wants sex with everyone but doesn't have romantic feelings" sexualities that Tumblr is pretending exists and my therapist said a lot of people go through that and it's just a "trendy" thing to have a unique sexuality lol. Everyone wants to be special and unique/quirky.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

0222 wrote:All the Sasha Grey worshiping, daddy/baby, sub/dom, lolita, nymphet blogs. Ugh! :roll:

I've never come across these things on Tumblr specifically, but I'm aware of all these dynamics and preferences otherwise. It's just what different people prefer...different lifestyle choices. I guess I don't understand going to these blogs in the first place if you don't like them? I can honestly say that I've never stumbled upon these blogs, but in general if I didn't like a certain topic, I just wouldn't follow those people, much less long enough to become annoyed by them. I guess the reason why I've taken time to comment on this post specifically is because I've ran across nearly everything that others mention annoy them on Tumblr but I've never seen this specifically.

perf
Informer
Informer

Post by perf »

wanderlust wrote:
0222 wrote:All the Sasha Grey worshiping, daddy/baby, sub/dom, lolita, nymphet blogs. Ugh! :roll:

I've never come across these things on Tumblr specifically, but I'm aware of all these dynamics and preferences otherwise. It's just what different people prefer...different lifestyle choices. I guess I don't understand going to these blogs in the first place if you don't like them? I can honestly say that I've never stumbled upon these blogs, but in general if I didn't like a certain topic, I just wouldn't follow those people, much less long enough to become annoyed by them. I guess the reason why I've taken time to comment on this post specifically is because I've ran across nearly everything that others mention annoy them on Tumblr but I've never seen this specifically.
actually I have seen a lot more people getting into daddy/baby dynamics-- like, it's the new trend for teenage girls. In place of bae I'll see a picture of some hot celeb with "he's daddy" under it and stuff like that all the time

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 0222 »

^I've seen it for the past couple of years. I'm even guilty of having lolita in my url back in 2012. >_< It only annoys me because it's gotten old... And most of the people who runs those blogs are teenage girls and it makes me uncomfortable.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 0222 »

^I've seen it for the past couple of years. I'm even guilty of having lolita in my url back in 2012. >_< It only annoys me because it's gotten old... And most of the people who runs those blogs are teenage girls and it makes me uncomfortable.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

Wow, I had no idea it was becoming a thing. That is definitely annoying.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Really tired of seeing all the "I hate white people" stuff. Countless times a day, I'm scrolling down my dashboard, and I see people ranting about how disgusting white people are, how "all crackers deserve to die" how every white person is the same, etc etc. A lot of things these people post are also forms of misinterpretation; for example, someone went to Target and took a picture of the "Annie" clothing display they have in the girls section and went on to say something like "F*cking white people can never let blacks have anything!" and of course everyone was agreeing and were like "Smh disgusting" until someone came along and found out that there were pictures of black children in the Annie ad, not just white people, but the person who photographed the display just cropped them out so only the white children would show. I also find so many blogs solely dedicated to their hatred of white people and post daily rants about how they're the scum of the Earth. I could go on forever.

I never say anything, because I know I'll just get called a stupid cracker, but :|

[yoonicorn]

Post by [yoonicorn] »

YES. The constant sexualization/fetishization of children, innocence, pedophilia, violence against women, daddy issues, etc. FUCK THAT "RAPE FETISH" BULLSHIT. It's disgusting. I don't "agree" with Sasha Grey's work but I do not/would not shun her or anyone for it at all. BUT I do hate people reposting those photos of her being degraded and used like a ragdoll. It's just gross to me. Even if she "enjoys it" (I don't think there are many women who truly enjoy being a sex worker. Most of them say they do because they are 1. drugged up 2. have to say that or they get fired).

I don't care about "kink shaming". It's wrong. little/daddy shit is gross and promotes pedophilia, rape fetishes promote violence and sexual assault (primarily against women but also against gay men).

And there's 14yos into the whole DD/LG stuff because they been exposed to it from tumblr. There's 13yos wearing bdsm collars/harnesses for fashion and calling their pop star crushes "daddy". It's all just so messed up.

I could go on about how much I hate it forever, but you get my point.

TL;DR: I agree with you.

[yoonicorn]

Post by [yoonicorn] »

BornThisWay94 wrote:Really tired of seeing all the "I hate white people" stuff. Countless times a day, I'm scrolling down my dashboard, and I see people ranting about how disgusting white people are, how "all crackers deserve to die" how every white person is the same, etc etc. A lot of things these people post are also forms of misinterpretation; for example, someone went to Target and took a picture of the "Annie" clothing display they have in the girls section and went on to say something like "F*cking white people can never let blacks have anything!" and of course everyone was agreeing and were like "Smh disgusting" until someone came along and found out that there were pictures of black children in the Annie ad, not just white people, but the person who photographed the display just cropped them out so only the white children would show. I also find so many blogs solely dedicated to their hatred of white people and post daily rants about how they're the scum of the Earth. I could go on forever.

I never say anything, because I know I'll just get called a stupid cracker, but :|
I think there are extremist of that sort but seriously white people say "black people are all the same" all the damn time and lump them together as thugs and welfare whores. I'm not saying YOU so don't get offended but I'm saying a lot of white people do say that type of shit. Just because YOU don't hear it doesn't mean it never happens. And don't give me "you shouldnt fight fire with fire" bc I guarantee you if you or me were in there position you'd be saying "white people all the same too" and making petty insults jokes at them.

PoC have a right to be mad at white people for a multitude of reasons. I do think blogs dedicated to how much someone hates white people is a bit much but their anger is justified considering how white people, and Authority especially, treat them.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

^^ I know, but people say the same things about white people (Ex: All white people ________, why do all white people _________?" but no one bats an eye at that because making fun of white people is cool and funny. I realize that a lot of people are angry about all the recent events, but there's no reason to blame an entire race on it and say they hate all of them, just my opinion.

[yoonicorn]

Post by [yoonicorn] »

BornThisWay94 wrote:^^ I know, but people say the same things about white people (Ex: All white people ________, why do all white people _________?" but no one bats an eye at that because making fun of white people is cool and funny. I realize that a lot of people are angry about all the recent events, but there's no reason to blame an entire race on it and say they hate all of them, just my opinion.
again, but white people do that.
a few muslim men crashed a plane into the world trade centre. what did white people do? blame the entire muslim race and their religion for it. many white people still do.
what happens when someone calls you or I a some petty insult like mayonnaise? nothing. you get offended. big deal. just go and look in any womens magazine to be reminded how your skin is the epitome of beauty in your country. black women don't get that nor do brown women. Asian women do but mostly only in the form of fetishization of all the false stereotypes white people have made up for them. Bi-racial women are only seen as pretty if they have more white features than anything.
and if it offends you so bad, imagine how black, brown, asian, etc people feel. especially black and brown people. they're told they're nothing but thugs, whores and terrorists from childhood.
when you call, for example, a young black man a thug, you are perpetuating and contributing to the belief that all young black men are thugs. if you called a white priest a pedophile, you'd have people left and right saying not ALL priests. If an Imam joins a terrorist group, white people say "SEE they're all bad!"
quite frankly, I see it as fair. PoC have been and still get treated like shit and now they are fighting back. We are simply getting a taste of own medicine and it does not taste good.

Return to “Tumblr”