How to find things from tumblr

flo
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

How to find things from tumblr

Post by flo »

So, having lurked and been an active member of the GG forum for a while I've noticed some people on here are quite good with doing a bit of crafty detective work and I was wondering if anyone can give me any tips on how to find certain things from tumblr (not in a stalker way).

The thing I'm most curious about are houses I've seen on tumblr. Sometimes the caption on the photo will have the city in it and being a lover of real estate, I was wondering if there was any way to actually find said homes online because half the time I'm really curious to know how much these gorgeous houses actually cost!

I know this is a bit of a tall order and if no one can help me out then I understand, but thank you to anyone who does try and give me some insight.

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to find things from tumblr

Post by kathpt »

you can save the picture and image search it on google : ) it's a bit of work but it's worth it in the end.

eleventhirty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by eleventhirty »

If it's a house from a real estate site posted, you might be able to find a match for it by putting the pic through this

http://www.tineye.com/

If you're trying to find where a person lives, I don't have any idea sorry :D

flo
Talker
Talker

Post by flo »

kathpt wrote:you can save the picture and image search it on google : ) it's a bit of work but it's worth it in the end.
Thanks! (:
I've tried that and sometimes I don't get any image matches and other times its the same photo but with no original source.
eleventhirty wrote:If it's a house from a real estate site posted, you might be able to find a match for it by putting the pic through this

http://www.tineye.com/

If you're trying to find where a person lives, I don't have any idea sorry :D
Haha, fear not, I'm not trying to stalk anybody.
I've just seen some INCREDIBLE houses, one in Big Sur, CA in particular, that I really really like. And being a bit too obsessed with real-estate I decided to see if I could find out how much they cost, though I'm sure I wouldn't ever be able to afford any of them :( a person can still dream can't they? Maybe this is what I get for watching too much HGTV and browsing real estate websites for fun. Oh well. Thanks for your help!

flo
Talker
Talker

Post by flo »

Just as an FYI, these are the three houses I've been loving and am trying to look for,
just in case anyone is actually afraid that I am trying to stalk someone.
They have made quite their rounds on tumblr and I think they are gorgeous.

These are 3 lovely homes in CA that I'd love to know the price for:

http://tomfowlks.com/landscapes/15/

http://www.feldmanarchitecture.com/work ... ley-cabins

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

^^^ those are amazing!

flo
Talker
Talker

Post by flo »

whoawhoawhoa wrote:^^^ those are amazing!
I know! Aren't they incredible? that's why I want to know where they are.
I'd love to come across them on a real estate website to see the price, interior, and location.
I guess those are all along the veins of what I would consider a "dream home."
A little secluded in a bit of a natural environment and a decent size;
I would just love to know how much these dream homes ACTUALLY cost.

I've found most of them on several websites; however, I've found nothing that would indicate the specifics I am looking for, which is pretty unfortunate.

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

flo wrote:
The source for this one is a Flickr account and the person did not post any details about where it was taken.
(I came across some posts in a foreign language, maybe that is the real source but since I didn't even know what language it was, I didn't translate it. But it was on page 3 of the google search)
Well, this was a job done by the architect in that website, the house is not for sale like you can read in the 'details' part of the page :)
flo wrote:
This one's in Big Sur, Ca. Can't find prices either because it was also an architect's special job.

My guess is that to find an estimate, you'd have to find one that is already on a real estate agency. I'm sure if you went through some that have a lot of this sort of houses you'd find one that you like. Then you could see what price they go for. But I bet they're half to 1mil. Especially if we're talking California.

flo
Talker
Talker

Post by flo »

kathpt wrote:
flo wrote:
The source for this one is a Flickr account and the person did not post any details about where it was taken.
(I came across some posts in a foreign language, maybe that is the real source but since I didn't even know what language it was, I didn't translate it. But it was on page 3 of the google search)
Well, this was a job done by the architect in that website, the house is not for sale like you can read in the 'details' part of the page :)
flo wrote:
This one's in Big Sur, Ca. Can't find prices either because it was also an architect's special job.

My guess is that to find an estimate, you'd have to find one that is already on a real estate agency. I'm sure if you went through some that have a lot of this sort of houses you'd find one that you like. Then you could see what price they go for. But I bet they're half to 1mil. Especially if we're talking California.
Thanks, I also came up pretty dry with all of the research I did too :(
Will do, I've already looked into Big Sur real estate, except none of the houses I saw really resembled the picture.
I honestly think I'd be really lucky if I found something for 500,000 in Big Sur. I love California but it is not a cheap place to live by any stretch of the imagination (unless you have a lot of money, but thats a different story)...

Return to “Tumblr”