What makes a good blog/vlog?

rebeccabloomwood1
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What makes a good blog/vlog?

Post by rebeccabloomwood1 »

So around last month I decided to start up a new blog. I had a blog which I started whilst studying Fashion Journalism at Uni which I neglected and now a couple of years on working full time in luxury retail I have decided to start up a new one to have a creative outlet. If anyone has any advice or feedback on my blog then please comment. I seem to get views but not followers so any tips or advice on that too would be grand. http://littlevlogbox.blogspot.co.uk/

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What makes a good blog/vlog?

Post by INdifferent »

Personally I think the blogasphere is very over saturated, so it's difficult for almost any newbie to gain followers. The peak for blogging imo was 2011-2013, I saw a lot of blogs grow huge within a short period of time and gaining popularity. There are literally hundres of thousands of articles on how to grow your blog and get followers, but that's the issue I have. It's over-saturated and it's about numbers. I loved blogs back in the day, when you clicked onto a blogspot design #oldschoolyeah and from the get go you got a feel for what the blogger is like. Every blog looked different. It was so personal. I loved that!

Now every damn blog looks the same, minimalistic magazine layout :roll: so un-original. Everyone blogs about the same damn products they got as PR samples. How I miss the days when you read reviews about a brand that no one is talking about and discovering interesting products and brands that's located at the back shelf of your local drugstore.

Your blog seems nice, but there's nothing that's different from the millions of other blogs out there. That's not your fault. As a journalist you're the ones that should be blogging. But every tom dick and harry these days are an editor of a magazine with 10 followers. High fashun bloggers (sarcasm) are sitting front row at some mall outlet runway show, leaving those with a proper fashion background hiding in the corner with shame. I'm over blogs can you tell?

Sorry I couldn't give you advice but I know that a lot of people have the same sentiments as me.

Best of luck :love2:
Please bear with me, English is my second language

Return to “Technology”