SERIAL Podcast

loulou
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SERIAL Podcast

Post by loulou »

Anyone else super obsessed with the Serial podcast? I can't believe I couldn't find a topic on this already...
I honestly am so confused over the whole thing! Each episode makes me doubt anything I am convinced of 5 minutes earlier. :|
****Merry Christmas Gossipers****

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: SERIAL Podcast

Post by Evolve »

YASSSSS. All about that Shrimp Sale at the Crab Crib

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

I listened to the first few episodes but now I am way too impatient. I just want to know who did it, wish I could google spoilers or something

Lady_Cusstard
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady_Cusstard »

Izabella wrote:I listened to the first few episodes but now I am way too impatient. I just want to know who did it, wish I could google spoilers or something
Well it's a real case so you could google information on it I suppose. That said-if you did google it you still wouldn't get many answers. We aren't going to get a definitive "this is the answer" by next week (which is the end of the season). I'm totally confused and obsessed with it butI think I'm going to be highly disappointed with the "end". These "everything is still up in the air" stories are fine on This American Life where you've only been listening to any given story for like 20 minutes, but weeks and weeks? I want a resolution.

loulou
Debater
Debater

Post by loulou »

I want to know to!!! Although I am now convinced as to how I feel...either way, I don't think he should have been convicted. There is no cold cut evidence other than a drug dealer with him confessing to lieing his way through. So much reasonable doubt, it makes me feel uncomfortable. :(
****Merry Christmas Gossipers****

mizcracker

Post by mizcracker »

[spoilers ahead if you haven't heard the latest episode]
i am obsessed with it and the ending was disappointing. i mean knew we wouldn't going to get a real answer but still. listening to such a long podcast, it makes you think and feel for the people in this story and just ugh. i can't describe how I feel about it but i just wish it would be resolved.

i mean the dna testing is giving me hope that we'll finally get an answer. i just need to fucking know who did it. thinking it about it, it's actually terrible for families and people who lost someone, how they never know who did it. That must be terrible. but yeah, the dna testing is giving me hope and i'm sure we'll be hearing about it again if they find anything. if they find nothing then it is truly over and we'll never know :?

Lady_Cusstard
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady_Cusstard »

allwillendindoom wrote:[spoilers ahead if you haven't heard the latest episode]
i am obsessed with it and the ending was disappointing. i mean knew we wouldn't going to get a real answer but still. listening to such a long podcast, it makes you think and feel for the people in this story and just ugh. i can't describe how I feel about it but i just wish it would be resolved.

i mean the dna testing is giving me hope that we'll finally get an answer. i just need to fucking know who did it. thinking it about it, it's actually terrible for families and people who lost someone, how they never know who did it. That must be terrible. but yeah, the dna testing is giving me hope and i'm sure we'll be hearing about it again if they find anything. if they find nothing then it is truly over and we'll never know :?
I am torn about the last ep. I knew and prepared myself for the fact that there was simply no way to "resolve" the storyline but having put that much time into listening to it, it's hard to be ok with not having clear answers. Then again- I think that's REALLY good storytelling. Sarah put us in the story along with her. She expressed her own confusion and doubts and we shared them.

I'll hide the rest of my thoughts for people who haven't heard it yet...
The whole dna thing is both frustrating and intriguing. I have felt through the whole podcast that the cops jumped on "Adnan did it" way too fast. How the jury decided he was guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt" baffles me. But those two things meant that no other real possibilities were explored. Maybe if they had left room for someone else possibly being the killer they would have investigated that serial killer. Maybe if they had they would have found out HE killed Hae. And maybe then he wouldn't have killed more people after that. Who knows?
I'm going to this event at our local NPR station tonight. They are going to play the final ep and then have a panel discussion about the case/podcast. I'm super nerdy excited about it :D

mizcracker

Post by mizcracker »

Lady_Cusstard wrote: I am torn about the last ep. I knew and prepared myself for the fact that there was simply no way to "resolve" the storyline but having put that much time into listening to it, it's hard to be ok with not having clear answers. Then again- I think that's REALLY good storytelling. Sarah put us in the story along with her. She expressed her own confusion and doubts and we shared them.

I'll hide the rest of my thoughts for people who haven't heard it yet...
The whole dna thing is both frustrating and intriguing. I have felt through the whole podcast that the cops jumped on "Adnan did it" way too fast. How the jury decided he was guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt" baffles me. But those two things meant that no other real possibilities were explored. Maybe if they had left room for someone else possibly being the killer they would have investigated that serial killer. Maybe if they had they would have found out HE killed Hae. And maybe then he wouldn't have killed more people after that. Who knows?
I'm going to this event at our local NPR station tonight. They are going to play the final ep and then have a panel discussion about the case/podcast. I'm super nerdy excited about it :D
Yes, that's exactly what I feel like. It must suck for Adnan that she said that she believes he did it :|

Yes, I agree. They definitely did jump on it too fast. I mean the cell records don't even work at all. I don't trust a single thing Jay said tbh. He has lied so much that i don't think he's trustworthy at all.

I don't trust Adnan either tho. Idk there is just something fishy going on here. I really hope that it wasn't him :?

A thing that bothers me is that SK and others are like 'it's just a small detail, it's not that important' about so many things that I thought were important. like the fact that there never was a phone booth at best buy, at least not where he said it was. I mean it's obvious the whole best buy thing never happened and the whole story just doesn't add up and make sense.

I hope we do get something useful out of the DNA testing and if Adnan is truly innocent then he'll maybe get a chance to get out of prison. If he really is innocent than that's so terrible. Wasted so many years of his life in prison :|

But that's so cool, nobody here listens to the podcast and there wouldn't be any discussion about it. How was it? What was discussed?

Lady_Cusstard
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady_Cusstard »

The panel consisted of two "hosts" who were just NPR reporters that were fans of the podcast, then two lawyers (one defense and one DA). Then there was also this creepy lady who runs some murder site tours around LA. The lawyers had a LOT to say about the trial and the evidence. Overall, they seemed to agree that Adnan should not have been found guilty based on the evidence presented- regardless of his actual guilt or innocence. They were both also HORRIFIED that the prosecuter helped Jay get a lawyer, that Jay was given probation for BURYING A FUCKING BODY, that the prosecuter yelled at Don for "not making Adnan seem creepier", and especially that the jurors apparently discussed the fact that Adnan didn't testify even though they were instructed not to take it into account. They both said if Christina could have proven that last point it would have been a mistrial automatically. They also didn't understand why the kit wasn't tested other than to look for sperm.

There was a lady who works in a dna lab in the audience and she said if the Innocence Project people do get the court to test the kit and there's DNA other than Hae's found they have to not only test it against Adnan, but also run it through the database. So if it was really the serial rapist or Mr. S or who knows who else, maybe they'd get a hit.

On a side note- it was really trippy listening to the podcast in a room full of fans. Like, we were all just staring at the walls (or sometimes each other) and then laughing or shaking our heads all in unison. It was a very different experience and a lot of fun.

badgal

Post by badgal »

Clap for Season Two of Serial! The first episode is fantastic, the storytelling is simply masterful. I got so happy when I saw it in my downloads. Yay Serial <3

Btw if anyone wants to follow it here together I would be more than happy to. Better than trying to have an adult conversation with those Reddit pricks!

longbaaka
Learner
Learner

Post by longbaaka »

Love it <3

Return to “Technology”