Flowers in the Attic (2014): Lifetime Remake

Cheriish_liife
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flowers in the Attic (2014): Lifetime Remake

Post by Cheriish_liife »

I'm surprised no one made a topic about this yet. What are your thoughts on it?

#PrayForWisconsin

bnx18
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Flowers in the Attic (2014): Lifetime Remake

Post by bnx18 »

It was okay but as usual the brother-sister sexual thing creeped me out. But I thought the woman who played the grandmother (Ellen Burstyn) did an amazing job, she was really terrifying and intense.

kittencuddleparty
Debater
Debater

Post by kittencuddleparty »

I haven't read the book, but I watched the movie last night and it makes me want to. I loved it. The grandmother was extremely terrifying and the mom was a relentless bitch. I think they did a good job. However, I almost wish they touched more upon the brother-sister incest because I feel like that would add to the creepiness of it, but it's also a lifetime movie version of a book, so it probably wouldn't be appropriate. I still really liked it though.

Swarley
Debater
Debater

Post by Swarley »

I'm watching it literally right now. The acting is pretty bad except for Ellen Burstyn. I'll probably still finish watching it though, because I always finish LMN movies. I'm not that far in though, and I expect to like it.

Their clothes are super cute though. No sarcasm, I would steal Corinne and Cathy's outfits in a heartbeat.

Swarley
Debater
Debater

Post by Swarley »

Okay, so I just finished watching and there are a couple of inconsistencies with the book, but it was alright. Like another poster said, I wish they would've played the incest up a bit, as that's a big part of the story. I read the book a while ago though, so I might not be remembering the things I think are wrong correctly.

Also, is it just me, or does Cathy look and sound like young Melissa Joan Hart? Haha I kept thinking that the entire movie. :lol:

mommyoftwogirlsca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mommyoftwogirlsca »

I watched it yesterday and I though it was much better then the 1987 version. The acting was fantastic but it was good. Yeah they should have touched more on
The incense.

Ophelia
Informer
Informer

Post by Ophelia »

Has anyone watched the sequel 'Petals On The Wind'? I watched it this week, and it was pretty terrible. I think they tried to smash as much of the storyline in as they could, and it didn't make much sense. Also the casting for Julian and Bart Winslow was all wrong. Young Adult Cathy was pretty well done though.

Return to “Movies”