Korean Dramas/Movies!

AngelPrincess
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Korean Dramas/Movies!

Post by AngelPrincess »

one summer I was really really into Korean dramas my favorites were boys before flowers(ugh Amazing I loved the curly haired guy he always tried to act tough aw so cute) , playful kiss (this one got me hooked for good), coffee prince(quality sucked but amazing story) Dream High(beautiful voices not really sure if its the actors singing though) , My girl(I don't think there was a episode where I didn't burst out laughing) , and Flower boy ramen shop (still watching this so far so good) and for everyone who wants to know I watched all these on Hulu

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

without k-dramas my life would be an empty hole. i recently finished secret garden and i'm still not over it. it took me like 4 months to get over boys over flowers. ugh.
imma ball til the day i fall

Spiral.Dawn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Spiral.Dawn »

I thought Stoker was a brilliant film. I haven't watched any Korean dramas however one of my favourite films is Korean, its call Oldboy (2003). Its a fantastic film, id highly recommend it :)

caomei
Informer
Informer

Post by caomei »

(Living in Korea right now whoooo ~)

Anyway, I LOVE Korean horror movies. I've seen so many I can't even name them anymore. I've probably seen 80% of the ones made since 1994 lol if not more.

My favourite movie of all time is Ahjussi (The Man from Nowhere).

As for dramas, I've seen a lot, especially since coming to Korea and living with a Korean family. I just don't know all the names. My favourite is Secret Garden. I also liked Padam Padam and Reversal of Fate. But... the majority of dramas people recommend to me I haven't liked much. Boys Over Flowers is something I hated with a burning passion, and I managed to watch half only because I'm a Kim Sangbeom fan.

McNewbie

Post by McNewbie »

I mainly watch Japanese drama/films but the Korean one I have seen are:

tv shows-
Coffee Prince

Films-
Cyborg She
100 Days With Mr Arrogant

caomei
Informer
Informer

Post by caomei »

So I just saw Snowpiercer two days ago in theatres. It was ridiculously awesome!
However, the move is very dark and will probably appeal more to dystopian sci-fi (not Hunger Games style) fans and horror fans.

If you're interested in watching it and you live in a Western country, try to get the original Korean version somehow because the international release is going to be cut by about 20 minutes to make it less dark and more of a classic action flick (which will ruin the entire movie... seriously). UK and Australia are attempting to protest the cuts, but who knows if it will work.

Seriously guys, you need to see the original movie. It's really unique and fantastically done.

camille2014
Learner
Learner

Post by camille2014 »

I love dramas :D I watch them all the time!

Boys Over Flowers
Dream High
Flower Boy Ramen Shop
Miss Korea
Rooftop Prince South Korea
Secret Garden
Shut Up: Flower Boy Band
Skip Beat! Taiwan
To The Beautiful You
Vampire Idol
Attack on the Pin-Up Boys South Korea
Coffee Prince
Heartstrings
I Hear Your Voice
Playful Kiss
School 2013
The Heirs
You're Beautiful

BoomShaka
Informer
Informer

Post by BoomShaka »

Not sure if it's a drama, but I've watched Pinocchio. It made me cry a lot, especially the first few episodes.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax »

mitochondria wrote:Oh God... Oldboy is AMAZING. Lady Vengeance, Mr. Vengeance... amaziiiing. A Tale of Two Sisters is very nice, also, but the american version sucks. Have you guys seen Bedevilled? I loooove that one, so sad, but so powerful... and I love that actress, Yeong-hie Seo. Watched Chaser with her though and thought it was kind of bad.

I also like I Saw the Devil, Min-sik Choi is in it (from Oldboy and Lady V.). I love Asian movies, especially Korean. Their thrillers, horrors and vengeance movies are AWESOME and no one can do it better!
Asian horror is the shit!

Apart from Oldboy, the Vengeance films, and I Saw The Devil, there's Thirst. It's more of a supernatural black comedy, though, but still horror with all the gore and deaths. I also loved Cello, a movie with a twist within a twist within a twist. (I mean it like that, you'll see why, but it's not as good as I expected it to be.)

And if you guys want something new, I suggest White: The Curse of the Melody. The pattern is similar to a slasher film, which we're all familiar with, but the twist in the end is worth it. Plus K-pop + Horror? A surprisingly good combination. :rofl:

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

I watched Robert a week ago. It's the prequel of annabelle,but it wasn't that good

Nais rais
Debater
Debater

Post by Nais rais »

My favorite korean movies
Miracle in cell no.7
Perfect number
Happiness for sale

my favorite korean dramas
49 days
Pasta
Dong yi
Bread love and dream
Pinocchio

phersian
Learner
Learner

Post by phersian »

caomei wrote:(Living in Korea right now whoooo ~)

Anyway, I LOVE Korean horror movies. I've seen so many I can't even name them anymore. I've probably seen 80% of the ones made since 1994 lol if not more.

My favourite movie of all time is Ahjussi (The Man from Nowhere).

As for dramas, I've seen a lot, especially since coming to Korea and living with a Korean family. I just don't know all the names. My favourite is Secret Garden. I also liked Padam Padam and Reversal of Fate. But... the majority of dramas people recommend to me I haven't liked much. Boys Over Flowers is something I hated with a burning passion, and I managed to watch half only because I'm a Kim Sangbeom fan.
Korean horror movies are so fucked up, lol. Those scare me so bad. The first Korean horror movie I saw was Death Bell and the way they died was so gruesome.

morganliz
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by morganliz »

I love watching korean dramas! Recently there's lots of great dramas coming out such as 100 Days My Prince, Clean with Passion For Now, When Time Stopped. Would totally recommend those to binge watch!

Who loves Park Bo Gum here? :)

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

Well this is not a korean movie but a chinese one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Long_Will_I_Love_U

I like the concept,I've been trying to find it somewhere to watch it or stream it but so far no luck.
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

Return to “Movies”