The Duggars and The Bates

Gurutesque
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Duggars and The Bates

Post by Gurutesque »

So, In the mornings I would watch TLC because usually there's nothing else to watch.
These families are over-conservative.
They think that they are all "Gifts from God" and they refuse to use protection and/or birth control (Forms of abstinence)
The older ones take care of the little ones.
They are teaching their Daughters that the only job they can ever have is be a Wife or a Caretaker.
Their house is labeled as a church so they won't have to pay taxes.

Families like this are over-populating the planet. (Usually, even families of 5-10 are okay)
I want to have atleast 3 children, but not 19. That's too much.

They built their families as a cult.

http://jezebel.com/5939635/the-duggars-are-an-evil-cult

And they believe Over-Population is NOT a problem.

http://www.inquisitr.com/213038/duggars ... obviously/

I feel bad for their kids. Obviously, the older Duggar kids want to establish their own lives. But they can't because they are being controlled by their parents.
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what your not.
- Marilyn Monroe :HK:

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: The Duggars and The Bates

Post by Sonia »

I agree completely.

nothinggold
Informer
Informer

Post by nothinggold »

It's sickening.

helloparis
Informer
Informer

Post by helloparis »

I used to watch the Duggars a while back. Honestly, I just find their show completely boring nowadays and I've began to dislike them.

That article you just linked makes feel SO bad for the Duggar girls. I especially feel sympathy for Jinger. If she did want to pursue a photography career and move out to a big city, she would never be able to pursue her dream because she is stopped by God + other family members alienating her. I wonder how long it will take for one of these Duggar children to one day attempt to break out from the way they're living and actually have the freedom to do whatever they want (if that ever happens, that is)

tacks
Learner
Learner

Post by tacks »

It really bugs me how ignorant they made their children about any lifestyles other then their mega-christian one.

When the Bates oldest daughter, Erin, wanted to go to university for piano, they chose a private, extremely devout one that trains priests, and in her interview she said she was glad because no one would have green hair. Honestly? That's what us outsiders like?

Another episode, the Duggar's were going on a roadtrip with cousin Amy, and she likes rock music. One of the boys said rock music leads to sin, and dancing leads to sin. I thought the ideals from "Footloose" disappeared!

I really hate the 'courting' thing they do to! Their explanation "dating teaches kids to divorce!" is such BULLSHIT. And marrying someone you've never kissed before won't lead to marital problems?!

Sorry for rambling, they were my guilty pleasure, but now it just pisses me off.

amg9715
Learner
Learner

Post by amg9715 »

The duggars are complete freaks who just need to stop. Like now.
NOBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!

sous les étoiles
Informer
Informer

Post by sous les étoiles »

Don't even get me started on the Duggars. It bothers me that they won't let the girls go to college, or wear pants. You can tell Jill or whoever wants out. There were a couple of rumors about them going on ONTD about how Jill got sent to some special camp because she disobeyed her parents, and one of the older boys was caught masturbating and was sent away too. I think their whole thinking is a bunch of bullshit.

The only thing I know about the Bates family is they have a confederate flag hanging somewhere in their house and are apparently racists. I wouldn't know, I never watched their show or whatever.

Gurutesque
Informer
Informer

Post by Gurutesque »

sous les étoiles wrote:Don't even get me started on the Duggars. It bothers me that they won't let the girls go to college, or wear pants. You can tell Jill or whoever wants out. There were a couple of rumors about them going on ONTD about how Jill got sent to some special camp because she disobeyed her parents, and one of the older boys was caught masturbating and was sent away too. I think their whole thinking is a bunch of bullshit.

The only thing I know about the Bates family is they have a confederate flag hanging somewhere in their house and are apparently racists. I wouldn't know, I never watched their show or whatever.
For masturbating? Seriously? These parents won't even let their boys go through their stages of puberty. Geezus.
I honestly hope that Jill can escape her crazy ass family.

When I watch the show, I would always get this weird vibe that Jim Bob is this sexual predator or something. :shock:

http://freejinger.org

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I'd either commit suicide or run away if I was in the Duggar family. Seriously, the way they raise their children is disgusting.

Gurutesque
Informer
Informer

Post by Gurutesque »

BornThisWay94 wrote:I'd either commit suicide or run away if I was in the Duggar family. Seriously, the way they raise their children is disgusting.
I know. They are basically robots. It's inhumane.

volleyball201211
Debater
Debater

Post by volleyball201211 »

I hate the Duggars, I've never heard of the Bates though?! Who needs that many kids?! If you want to raise kids, be a foster mom or something. They are freaks and Jim Bob or Bob Jim (idk what his name is really) scares me a lot! I could never watch this show~
I LOVE CHEEZ-ITS. ESPECIALLY THE FOUR CHEESE ONES
Green Day is the best band in the world
GuruGossip is my reddit

Gurutesque
Informer
Informer

Post by Gurutesque »

My mother is christian and so is my grandmother. They taught me well, they let me have Facebook accounts, ect. I used to be immature. Talking with people online in a way made me more mature, and dealing with other people too.
Also, my mother let me have my first boyfriend at the age of 13. And I'm still currently with him :)

My point is, the key is to be a good parent, not be a psycho and make the older siblings take care of the younger ones while she tries to conceive more babies.

xxstrawberry
Debater
Debater

Post by xxstrawberry »

I honestly can't stand them. I think it's disgusting how they're still trying to have another even though she obviously shouldn't be having kids anymore, she's like 46. Especially since the last one was a miscarriage and the one before that almost died because she was born too early. I really hope at least one of the kids escapes that weirdo family.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

The Duggars are disgusting. Any parent that knowingly sells their children's childhood and privacy to a TV network is not acting in their best interest; and to pretend they deserve some sort of pass due to their devotion to Jesus is ridiculous.

I could care less if they have 20+ kids; but you don't have those kids but rely on television income to provide for the family. You should only IMHO, have as many kids as you can reasonably provide and afford for, especially in a Western consumer culture.

Gurutesque
Informer
Informer

Post by Gurutesque »

Maris Crane wrote:The Duggars are disgusting. Any parent that knowingly sells their children's childhood and privacy to a TV network is not acting in their best interest; and to pretend they deserve some sort of pass due to their devotion to Jesus is ridiculous.

I could care less if they have 20+ kids; but you don't have those kids but rely on television income to provide for the family. You should only IMHO, have as many kids as you can reasonably provide and afford for, especially in a Western consumer culture.
It's obvious that they can''t afford having 20 kids.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I was hoping some of these kids rebelled. Usually kids that are very sheltered growing up become completely wild when they get older..

I heard there's no kissing allowed before marriage. LMAOOO. Bet they can't all wait to get married :lol:

melencolia
Learner
Learner

Post by melencolia »

I haven't seen the show, but from what you said.. I kind of agree with them. Overpopulation isn't a problem.. that's just what the government wants you to think :?

But I do think that they shouldn't put themselves on TV. Besides,the producers of the show will just try to make them look as crazy as possible anyway. Don't they know that?!

Gurutesque
Informer
Informer

Post by Gurutesque »

BornThisWay94 wrote:I was hoping some of these kids rebelled. Usually kids that are very sheltered growing up become completely wild when they get older..

I heard there's no kissing allowed before marriage. LMAOOO. Bet they can't all wait to get married :lol:
NO KISSING OR HUGGING BEFORE MARRIAGE, ONLY MILD EYE CONTACT.
LOL, I feel bad for all of them.

After her 7th child birth didn't hurt her anymore, yuck.

Pinkiegurf24
Debater
Debater

Post by Pinkiegurf24 »

I don't even understand why TLC is called the learning channel anymore. All it consist of now a days is little girls prancing around butt naked and 'reality' shows. :roll:

Anyways, I completeley agree.
I feel that the family is doing something horrible and using god/ the bible as a way tojustify their wrongs.
I feel soprry for the wife. She seems to be so caught up in pleasing her husband that she just doesn't know what to do for herself. It's like all she's been her whole life is a breeder and a pleaser. It's sad ;(
And for the children, they really don't know anthing other than helping raise their brothers and sisters. They've done it their whole lives and that's all they know. OS unless they are able to move away and get a sense of what it's like to be able to care for themselfs and only themselfs, I doubt that they will ever rebel.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

Gurutesque wrote:
Maris Crane wrote:The Duggars are disgusting. Any parent that knowingly sells their children's childhood and privacy to a TV network is not acting in their best interest; and to pretend they deserve some sort of pass due to their devotion to Jesus is ridiculous.

It's obvious that they can''t afford having 20 kids.
Well, I thought I made that clear but no matter.

Return to “Celebrity”