Jennifer Lawrence

DarthCassie
Informer
Informer
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:14 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by DarthCassie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:57 pm

I'm not saying she will fade out I know she is an Oscar winner, I don't hate her I just don't see why everyone is obssessed with her on twitter, pinterest, tumblr ect. She's a good actor but I guess I just don't get into the celebrity hype.
Image

User avatar
wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1324
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:36 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by wanderlust » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:00 pm

DarthCassie wrote:I'm not saying she will fade out I know she is an Oscar winner, I don't hate her I just don't see why everyone is obssessed with her on twitter, pinterest, tumblr ect. She's a good actor but I guess I just don't get into the celebrity hype.
The people that are obsessed with her on those sites probably are obsessed with her mostly because of the Hunger Games.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1092
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by BellaJane » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:21 pm

I don't use Twitter or Tumblr, so I don't know what her fanbase over there is like...but I don't recall seeing much of her at all on Pinterest? As for the others...you're probably catching the younger girls who tend to go bonkers every time the next big thing comes up. Remember how they all went batshit crazy over Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart? One Direction? Justin Beiber? Jennifer got the role in a highly anticipated movie for teens and young adults, so that same audience is currently obsessed with her. As far as that is concerned...it's less about her and more about the hype. The Hunger Games is the next big thing, so these kids are going to obsess about Jennifer the same way they obsessed about every "big thing" that came before her.

vietnamese
Learner
Learner
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:40 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by vietnamese » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Guh, imgur's obsession with her as their representative quirky girl is tedious.

nicheee
Talker
Talker
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:19 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by nicheee » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:20 pm

DarthCassie wrote:I'm not saying she will fade out I know she is an Oscar winner, I don't hate her I just don't see why everyone is obssessed with her on twitter, pinterest, tumblr ect. She's a good actor but I guess I just don't get into the celebrity hype.
I don't get the obsession with her either. Especially tumblr's obsession with her. Every other thing is a gifset about how "she's a normal gurl like us, omgzzzz." it's a little weird :| I don't hate her but I'm getting tired of her very quickly.

Kandake
Informer
Informer
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:59 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by Kandake » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:24 pm

omg Jennifer Lawrence said she lykes 2 eat omg I lyke to eat 2 she's so down to earth <33
Image H A L C Y O N

"Breathe your smoke into my lungs| In the back of the car with you I stare into the sun| Still not too old to die young"

(◕ω◕)o(>.<)o(♥o♥)

User avatar
LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1712
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Georgia, USA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by LadyKaiko » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 am

Maybe Jennifer always talks about food is because in the Hollywood industry you have to look good and eating = fat? (I don't think that way by the way.) I bet a lot of celebrities don't eat much so they can stay thin, but Jennifer is probably like, "Fuck that! I eat what I want!" This is just what I think. I don't blame her, I'd eat whatever too if I was a celebrity. Lol

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty
Posts: 1850
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:53 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by HattieChaos » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:12 am

I think it was in an interview at some point, she got angry with the interviewer because he enquired about her weight and if she had lost any, or something like that. People constantly call her fat because she isn't stick thin. I think her figure is the ideal, to be honest.
Kandake wrote:omg Jennifer Lawrence said she lykes 2 eat omg I lyke to eat 2 she's so down to earth <33
Yeah, those types are real mature.

I understand that the tweens on Tumblr etc. kind of ruin her a bit, but they do that with *everything*. That's a problem with Tumblr, not a problem with Jennifer. Doesn't take away from how well she can act or what a great role model she is. But yeah, if I had a penny for every time 13 year olds ruined my favourite things for me... :roll:

User avatar
Affi
Informer
Informer
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:07 am
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by Affi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:35 am

HattieChaos wrote:Agreed with the above post. All of you saying she'll fade out, don't seem to realise she was Oscar-nominated BEFORE The Hunger Games.

And @Affi, ditzy doesn't equal stupid. I'm a lot like her, saying the wrong things at the wrong time/clumsy etc, in public but it is just a part of how I am around people. But my grade card says very different from "stupid". A lot of other people can say the same thing.
I didn't say it was the same thing.

User avatar
dudewtf
Informer
Informer
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:58 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by dudewtf » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:40 am

I love her, I think she's so funny and she's so entertaining. I love how she's a bit informal and likes to keep things light and make jokes in interviews and stuff.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty
Posts: 1850
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:53 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by HattieChaos » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:42 am

Affi wrote:
HattieChaos wrote:Agreed with the above post. All of you saying she'll fade out, don't seem to realise she was Oscar-nominated BEFORE The Hunger Games.

And @Affi, ditzy doesn't equal stupid. I'm a lot like her, saying the wrong things at the wrong time/clumsy etc, in public but it is just a part of how I am around people. But my grade card says very different from "stupid". A lot of other people can say the same thing.
I didn't say it was the same thing.
"Stupidity is no excuse for some of the bull she comes out with" implies that her ditzy way of undergoing interviews and some of the silly things she comes out with equates stupidity. Sorry if you didn't mean it that way though. I don't really know where you're getting the idea of her being unintelligent - she has called herself vastly uneducated before but idrk where else you're getting that impression from. She comes across as smart to me, in the interviews where she's more settled down and serious.

User avatar
Affi
Informer
Informer
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:07 am
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by Affi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:52 am

HattieChaos wrote:
Affi wrote:
HattieChaos wrote:Agreed with the above post. All of you saying she'll fade out, don't seem to realise she was Oscar-nominated BEFORE The Hunger Games.

And @Affi, ditzy doesn't equal stupid. I'm a lot like her, saying the wrong things at the wrong time/clumsy etc, in public but it is just a part of how I am around people. But my grade card says very different from "stupid". A lot of other people can say the same thing.
I didn't say it was the same thing.
"Stupidity is no excuse for some of the bull she comes out with" implies that her ditzy way of undergoing interviews and some of the silly things she comes out with equates stupidity. Sorry if you didn't mean it that way though. I don't really know where you're getting the idea of her being unintelligent - she has called herself vastly uneducated before but idrk where else you're getting that impression from. She comes across as smart to me, in the interviews where she's more settled down and serious.
I was saying that even if she was stupid and not just ditzy, it still wouldn't be an excuse for some of the things she says. I have not said she's unintelligent.

User avatar
hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1617
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:31 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by hollaatmegurl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:21 am

I find her irritating. I haven't seen any of the movies she's in, so I don't know what she's like as an actress, but personality-wise she's not my cup of tea.
Image
~ The pussy game ridiculous ~

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty
Posts: 1850
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:53 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by HattieChaos » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:31 am

Affi wrote:
HattieChaos wrote:"Stupidity is no excuse for some of the bull she comes out with" implies that her ditzy way of undergoing interviews and some of the silly things she comes out with equates stupidity. Sorry if you didn't mean it that way though. I don't really know where you're getting the idea of her being unintelligent - she has called herself vastly uneducated before but idrk where else you're getting that impression from. She comes across as smart to me, in the interviews where she's more settled down and serious.
I was saying that even if she was stupid and not just ditzy, it still wouldn't be an excuse for some of the things she says. I have not said she's unintelligent.
Fair enough - it just sounded as if you were calling her stupid. Sorry if that wasn't the case! :oops:

Guestx15
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:07 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by Guestx15 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:18 pm

At first, I really liked her. Lately though, she's quickly becoming overrated imo and her face being everywhere is really annoying.

User avatar
TallButShort

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by TallButShort » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 pm

HattieChaos wrote:I think it was in an interview at some point, she got angry with the interviewer because he enquired about her weight and if she had lost any, or something like that. People constantly call her fat because she isn't stick thin. I think her figure is the ideal, to be honest.
Kandake wrote:omg Jennifer Lawrence said she lykes 2 eat omg I lyke to eat 2 she's so down to earth <33
Yeah, those types are real mature.

I understand that the tweens on Tumblr etc. kind of ruin her a bit, but they do that with *everything*. That's a problem with Tumblr, not a problem with Jennifer. Doesn't take away from how well she can act or what a great role model she is. But yeah, if I had a penny for every time 13 year olds ruined my favourite things for me... :roll:
I agree! Half the criticism in this thread isn't about Jennifer but what society has "done" to her.

I'm HUGE into THG and didn't know if she'd play Katniss very well, but I think she did a great job. After seeing her in interviews, I say she did a phenomenal job because Katniss is not as outgoing as Jennifer.

The thing I love about Jennifer is she's so out of the box for Hollywood. She doesn't feel like she has to put on a certain persona to please people.

User avatar
angel face
Informer
Informer
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:49 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by angel face » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:32 pm

I think she tries way to hard to be relatable

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:52 am
Location: los angeles, ca
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by Angie V » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 pm

I think she's kind of annoying because she keeps trying to be all "omg i love food lol i'm so chilld and down to earth" yet bitch, you have all the resources in the world to eat whatever the fuck you want and still stay looking good, so don't try to act like you're normal.

But comparing her to kristen and emma is like comparing a Porsche to a tricycle..... at least she can act.
imma ball til the day i fall

houdini
Learner
Learner
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by houdini » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:59 pm

If Jennifer never signed on to be play Katniss, I'm pretty sure no one would question her weight/figure. It just that she's playing a girl living in poverty, hungry for food, people may question her figure. It's great that Lionsgate or whoever didn't force her to go on a diet for the role (although I wonder if she might have to loose weight for "Mockingjay") Not saying she has to, but some actors have to loose/gain weight for a character to come to life, nothing wrong with it imo, makes it more realistic.

Anyway, I love Jen, she's got to be one of my favorite actresses. I adore how she speaks her mind. I don't think she ever tries to come off as relatable, I worked on set of Catching Fire and she's just as kind and funny in real life. I think no matter how big she gets she'll always be her humble self.
I got soul but I'm not a soldier

User avatar
lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by lalal0ve » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:04 am

I love jennifer she's very humble and funny.
Image

User avatar
hipteenevie
Learner
Learner
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:52 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by hipteenevie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:34 pm



read this

User avatar
wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1324
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:36 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by wanderlust » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:39 pm

I watched this interview of her after the Oscars and I fell in love with her more. She handles awkward and frankly some rude questions with grace and humor. I don't care if she says politically incorrect things (in response to the above link)...she's herself with no apologies and I like that.

[youtube][/youtube]

User avatar
Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:08 am
Location: Israel
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by Fadia Fiji » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:53 pm

fauxfox wrote:I don't really like her acting - something about her face is so expressionless on film, even in emotional scenes.
RIGHT?!
I don't really follow her or watched any of the movies she was aside from the hunger games which IMO, she suck at.
She had one expression through-out the movie and I got bored of it very quickly...

Image
Image

Image

Matthew Bomer <3

User avatar
LanaChaton
Learner
Learner
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:43 pm
Location: Bay Area
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by LanaChaton » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Kandake wrote:omg Jennifer Lawrence said she lykes 2 eat omg I lyke to eat 2 she's so down to earth <33
This made me laugh out loud :D

I've never actually seen Jennifer Lawrence's acting, so all I can really comment on is that I think she is drop dead gorgeous.
Image

User avatar
LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1712
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Georgia, USA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by LadyKaiko » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:36 pm

Jennifer Lawrence is definitely beautiful. She looks better brunette than blonde, in my opinion.

Post Reply

Return to “Celebrity”