The Duggar Family

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Duggar Family

Post by LadyKaiko »

Oh, and I'm also pro-life. Of course a baby close to its sibling's age shouldn't be aborted. That would be a dumb thing to do.

mommyoftwogirlsca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mommyoftwogirlsca »

TaylorKnows wrote:mommyoftwogirlsca, what we mean is, they're following in their parents' footsteps. It's not just having kids close in age, it's following the cult and having as many kids as "God blesses you with". It's essentially a cult and this cult is not the good kind from what I've seen. The kids get taken care of with food&shelter, but eventually it's kids raising kids and they're sooo sheltered, they won't be ready for the real world if they even are "allowed" to leave. I bet if they chose to go and do something different, they'd be shunned. I know it's a matter of opinion, but from what I've seen, this is no place to live. I don't buy they're happy. The show is a reality show, most likely scripted and I can see past the fake smiles. Not living off of GA doesn't make you a good parent. I know plenty of bad parents that never touched GA. But to each their own I guess...

I can see your point on that they both come from big families. And to be honest Michelle most likely will not be having anymore because of how she is getting up there and menopause could be coming soon. And anna and josh who know how many more they have three might be it. She may never be able to get pregnant again. But that is like saying anybody who has lots of children or is godly and goes by biblical principles is part of a cult. I would love to have tons of children.

mommyoftwogirlsca
Gossiper
Gossiper

LadyKaiko wrote:Oh, and I'm also pro-life. Of course a baby close to its sibling's age shouldn't be aborted. That would be a dumb thing to do.

I'am glad you are pro life that is awesome

mommyoftwogirlsca
Gossiper
Gossiper

mommyoftwogirlsca wrote:
TaylorKnows wrote:mommyoftwogirlsca, what we mean is, they're following in their parents' footsteps. It's not just having kids close in age, it's following the cult and having as many kids as "God blesses you with". It's essentially a cult and this cult is not the good kind from what I've seen. The kids get taken care of with food&shelter, but eventually it's kids raising kids and they're sooo sheltered, they won't be ready for the real world if they even are "allowed" to leave. I bet if they chose to go and do something different, they'd be shunned. I know it's a matter of opinion, but from what I've seen, this is no place to live. I don't buy they're happy. The show is a reality show, most likely scripted and I can see past the fake smiles. Not living off of GA doesn't make you a good parent. I know plenty of bad parents that never touched GA. But to each their own I guess...

I can see your point on that they both come from big families. And to be honest Michelle most likely will not be having anymore because of how she is getting up there and menopause could be coming soon. And anna and josh who know how many more they have three might be it. She may never be able to get pregnant again. But that is like saying anybody who has lots of children or is godly and goes by biblical principles is part of a cult. I would love to have tons of children.
And your right who knows how happy they are only they know to be honest. And when it comes to shunning the Amish are worse in that sense. If you don't join the church you Are shunned and can't talk your family anymore. And I would love to shelter and Protect my kids. Everyday I worry that my six year old will get bullied or Hurt. The world is not a safe place it is dangerous and to many parents just let their kids do whatever they want. How is that good

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

@mommyoftwogirlsca: Yes, pro-life FTW! Haha. But yeah, I would probably like this family a little if they weren't so strict and weird. I still wouldn't like that they have a lot of kids but at least they wouldn't be so strict and uptight.

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

Oh, and I also wouldn't care what religion a large family is. I just don't like large familes period. It's just unnecessary and neglectful to me.

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

mommyoftwogirlsca wrote: And your right who knows how happy they are only they know to be honest. And when it comes to shunning the Amish are worse in that sense. If you don't join the church you Are shunned and can't talk your family anymore. And I would love to shelter and Protect my kids. Everyday I worry that my six year old will get bullied or Hurt. The world is not a safe place it is dangerous and to many parents just let their kids do whatever they want. How is that good
Yes, every parent wants to protect their kids, but getting hurt is inevitable. At some point in your life, SOMEONE is going to hurt you. Let them know what goes on in the real world. Kids get bullied, it's a sad truth and you can't prevent it, only the bully can be taught not to be a bully. The world was never a safe place, but people still went out and did what they needed to do. There can be a balance between protecting your child and letting them have a little freedom, unlike the Duggars. You can't protect a kid from everything. I may not be a parent but I was raised in a house where I was protected, but able to explore and figure things out. Yes, my dad has tried to control my mindset but now that I have my own opinions, we're able to discuss them maturely (example, the presidential election. I'm a democrat, he's a republican). I know you're a parent, but I'm sorry, I just feel the need to explain why I feel this way about these people. You seem a bit blind to them. But at the end of the day, it is just a T.V show.

Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Primadxnna »

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

Wonderland ♥ wrote:http://omg.yahoo.com/news/duggars-consi ... 00100.html

OH NO. More children.
I just caught a snippit of it. "Say hi, because even though they can't understand you, it's polite." :roll: Is that really necessary? Why not learn some of the actual language before you go. I have friends that went to Italy and they knew very little Italian but they knew enough to say "Hi"...

MakeupGirly
Informer
Informer

Post by MakeupGirly »

Wonderland ♥ wrote:http://omg.yahoo.com/news/duggars-consi ... 00100.html

OH NO. More children.
Oh gosh...

Well they definitely wouldn't be allowed to adopt from the US, they would be denied because their family is too big. Some countries may allow them to adopt, but it depends on what their policies are. I think a lot of places would turn them away though. In some ways, it's good if they adopt because it means one less child in a horrible orphanage and a child who will be well fed and have a better quality of life than they would have in the orphanage. On the other hand, the Duggar children would then get even less attention from their parents than they do now and the new child/children will have all the Duggar values rammed down their throats. That would be very hard on the kids, especially if they adopt older children. I hope that ''God'' tells them they have enough kids and don't need to add more.

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

Oh my god...will they ever stop? When is God going to intervene and tell them to stop?!

TallButShort

Post by TallButShort »

Good lord. Some people like big families and calling it a cult is ridiculous. No one ever says anything about mormons and how their families are usually pretty big. No one ever has a problem with a woman saying she DOESN"T want to have kids, but having "too much" is wrong. You don't know what that family is like when the cameras shut off. You can not say that they don't get love. I know kids who come from a family of 2, 3, 4 and get less attention than that of a Duggar and that's just what I can see on a 30 minute television show....

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

That's because the only Mormons willingly on tv are the members of the Brown family (Sister Wives) and they're sane. What's there to say about a nice family like them? If you like the Duggars, like them. But I don't have to like them and never will.

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

Better that parents have no kids than parents have too many kids who are neglected of attention and love...

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

TallButShort wrote:Good lord. Some people like big families and calling it a cult is ridiculous. No one ever says anything about mormons and how their families are usually pretty big. No one ever has a problem with a woman saying she DOESN"T want to have kids, but having "too much" is wrong. You don't know what that family is like when the cameras shut off. You can not say that they don't get love. I know kids who come from a family of 2, 3, 4 and get less attention than that of a Duggar and that's just what I can see on a 30 minute television show....
I wouldn't care if they had 3 kids or 35. That doesn't matter to me. What matters is when the parents themselves are not paying attention to their kids! At any amount, that's not right. Kids should not be raising their brothers and sisters because their parents don't want to use birth control. The only Mormons I've seen on T.V don't seem that crazy. There is a thread on here on the Sister Wives. It's not for me and I don't think they're all happy, but hey to each their own and they have more kids. And you're right...we don't know. All we know is what they read. Also, they ARE a part of a cult. It's called Quiverfull.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

When people talk about overpopulation they aren't really talking about the number of people, but the number of people in comparison to the number of resources. The resources on this planet are not infinite and when you have more people than resources it poses a problem.

allcarriedaway
Talker
Talker

Post by allcarriedaway »

TallButShort wrote:Good lord. Some people like big families and calling it a cult is ridiculous. No one ever says anything about mormons and how their families are usually pretty big. No one ever has a problem with a woman saying she DOESN"T want to have kids, but having "too much" is wrong. You don't know what that family is like when the cameras shut off. You can not say that they don't get love. I know kids who come from a family of 2, 3, 4 and get less attention than that of a Duggar and that's just what I can see on a 30 minute television show....
uh, what? I'm not sure where you're getting your information but women who don't want kids get just as much shit as women who want lots. I know plenty of women who choose to remain childfree and are treated like they don't know any better and will "change their minds" ,told that their lives will be meaningless without children, and that they should "give their husband a baby". It goes both ways. I have no problem with large families as long as the parents can afford to support them and actually raise them themselves so that the older kids don't have to end up parenting the younger ones, because that's not fair. The problem I have with the duggars is that even after Josie almost dying, and then Michelle having a miscarriage, they continue to be ignorant and put her health and any of their future childrens' health at risk just so they can continue with their stupid belief system.

Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Primadxnna »

allcarriedaway wrote:
uh, what? I'm not sure where you're getting your information but women who don't want kids get just as much shit as women who want lots. I know plenty of women who choose to remain childfree and are treated like they don't know any better and will "change their minds" ,told that their lives will be meaningless without children, and that they should "give their husband a baby". It goes both ways. I have no problem with large families as long as the parents can afford to support them and actually raise them themselves so that the older kids don't have to end up parenting the younger ones, because that's not fair. The problem I have with the duggars is that even after Josie almost dying, and then Michelle having a miscarriage, they continue to be ignorant and put her health and any of their future childrens' health at risk just so they can continue with their stupid belief system.
Exactly. Having 19 kids IS too much, especially if you just lay on your ass with a pregnancy test on hand while your elders take care of the minors.
I really hope that they don't let the Duggars adopt. There's alot of families that would love to adopt while not being able to have children of their own.

ikeepitrealok
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ikeepitrealok »

I don't think the duggars should be able to adopt.

MakeupGirly
Informer
Informer

Post by MakeupGirly »

ikeepitrealok wrote:I don't think the duggars should be able to adopt.
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to do a domestic adoption because of the amount of kids they have. You cant have over a certain amount of kids, at least in a lot of States. They could adopt a child from some other countries, but I'd assume they'd want a very young, white child. I can't imagine they'd a child older than a year and it's hard to get a child younger than that. God forbid if the child was older than 2 or so. It might have bad habits, like dancing!

Return to “Celebrity”