The Duggar Family

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Duggar Family

Post by TaylorKnows »

I'm just wondering others opinions since they're public figures. If you don't know who they are, they are Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar. They have 19 children and 2 grandkids. They don't use birth control because Michelle miscarried while using birth control so they believe in leaving it in God's hands. They're home schooled, very sheltered and big Christians. They live kind of separated from the world. Now, it's your own business how many kids you have but their youngest was born very early because of the mother's health problems. And then she had a miscarriage while pregnant with baby number twenty. That is an awful thing to go through, but from what I understand, they're still leaving it up to God. At this stage in the game, I think for both Michelle and any future kids' health, they should stop. Again, I try not to say that, but after watching their show, I see it that way. I've also read that the father supported a pastor that urged parents to spank 6 month olds. This also may not be my place to say, but I believe the oldest son's marriage is arranged. These kids aren't allowed to date and have very little social interaction with others and suddenly the boy meets a girl and got married. That's fine, but I feel like his wife is afraid of the family lol. You can raise your kids however you want, they just seem so sheltered and I would never hope for anything awful to happen to them, but if it did, how prepared would they be? I don't know, they just seem a bit freaky to me.

Their show is 19 Kids&Counting by the way...

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: The Duggar Family

Post by LadyKaiko »

I fucking hate them.

Kandake
Informer
Informer

Post by Kandake »

I remember when I used to be on my TLC shit watching the Duggars, Jon and Kate Plus 8, and Little People Big World.

I still can't believe they built their own home. They are weird but as long as they stay in their little community I'm good.

Post by Guest »

Sound like a bunch of freaks.

iNeonPurple
Learner
Learner

Post by iNeonPurple »

I can't stand them. I think that however many kids you have is your decision, but when it comes down to the baby's health, enough is enough. I saw a few pictures of their gigantic house, and it disgusts me that all of the boys share one bedroom, and all of the girls share one bedroom. Seriously? You can't add on a few more rooms with all the money you make from this show? It's also painstakingly clear that the children - especially girls - have no control over their futures. Their parents have been dictating every aspect of their lives since they were born, and I can't believe these people have their own TV show.

Ugh.

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

iNeonPurple wrote:I can't stand them. I think that however many kids you have is your decision, but when it comes down to the baby's health, enough is enough. I saw a few pictures of their gigantic house, and it disgusts me that all of the boys share one bedroom, and all of the girls share one bedroom. Seriously? You can't add on a few more rooms with all the money you make from this show? It's also painstakingly clear that the children - especially girls - have no control over their futures. Their parents have been dictating every aspect of their lives since they were born, and I can't believe these people have their own TV show.

Ugh.
According to the parents, that's the way they wanted it...do I buy it? No. I think they were just too cheap to add in more rooms. I also don't buy that they're so against all of this "controversal stuff" yet they're on a show which airs on the same channel that shows tattoo parlors and people with the freakiest addictions. I also agree it's sad that they have no control of their lives...they all work for the family business and have no choice on going to college, their careers or their lives...

Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Primadxnna »

I really hate this family. Their family is basically a cult, they say that every child is a "gift from God", NO. A CONDOM IS.
And yet they try to have more and they miscarry. HELLO, after 19 kids what body would want to keep going :?
And Jim Bob looks like a pedophile to be honest.

Goat
Informer
Informer

Post by Goat »

These people seem like nut jobs, it's a shame their children are so restricted. Everything from their home, furniture, and food has been given to them. Also, Michelle's body must be withering away after having so many children. Why they continue to have children after she has had complications with multiple pregnancies is beyond me, it wouldn't be surprising if she developed a serious medical condition. They just keep popping out babies for the benefits.

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

Wonderland ♥ wrote:I really hate this family. Their family is basically a cult, they say that every child is a "gift from God", NO. A CONDOM IS.
And yet they try to have more and they miscarry. HELLO, after 19 kids what body would want to keep going :?
Thank God I'm not alone on that...I try not to say this kind of stuff but I wouldn't be surprised if he molests those kids. I know it sounds sick, but I just get that vibe from him. It's possible to be close to your child without being a pedo...but he gives me the creeps.

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

From what I remember, the older daughters are gorgeous girls. & Isn't the last baby younger than it's nephew? Weird...

combatbootprincess
Learner
Learner

Post by combatbootprincess »

They drive me insane. Their children sound smart resourceful and friendly, like children that would get along well with other kid BUT they never leave their property and some of their kids have REALLY stupid names. Like why bother giving your children nice names while you could give them a stripper's name instead.

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

@combatbootprincess: Wait...what? Why would anyone give their kid a stripper name??

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

LOL WHAT...

Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Primadxnna »

TaylorKnows wrote:
Wonderland ♥ wrote:I really hate this family. Their family is basically a cult, they say that every child is a "gift from God", NO. A CONDOM IS.
Thank God I'm not alone on that...I try not to say this kind of stuff but I wouldn't be surprised if he molests those kids. I know it sounds sick, but I just get that vibe from him. It's possible to be close to your child without being a pedo...but he gives me the creeps.
I'm pretty sure he does molest the older girls. They seem uncomfortable around him :?

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

I highly doubt he molests them. The girls just probably resent their father (and probably their mother too) for fucking like rabbits and not using protection and knowing when to stop. I'm from a family of 10 kids (I'm the second oldest), and I still have some resentment issues with my parents. I know firsthand what it's like to be from a huge family. It's not pleasant at all.

Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Primadxnna »

LadyKaiko wrote:I highly doubt he molests them. The girls just probably resent their father (and probably their mother too) for fucking like rabbits and not using protection and knowing when to stop. I'm from a family of 10 kids (I'm the second oldest), and I still have some resentment issues with my parents. I know firsthand what it's like to be from a huge family. It's not pleasant at all.
I know that some of the older girls don't like their mom because she makes them take care of the little ones. I have a friend that comes from a big family and they don't mind their dad, beside the issues that they have. BUT I've noticed their faces. They do seem disturbed around him.
At least Jill wants to do something with her life, it's too bad she's trapped there :|

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

@Wonderland: Ugh...kids taking care of kids. That's NOT how it should be. I don't watch the show anymore (I hate them too much to watch even a few minutes), so I wouldn't know how they react around their father. I do remember seeing some of one episode a loooong time ago, and some of the daughters were asked if they could date and what kind of guy would they go for and they were like, "Ask our dad. He knows what we like." WHAT?! Your dad has to tell you what you can and can't LIKE?!?

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

I can get the resentment thing, I know people from big families, but I just feel like it's more than that. I don't know. I hope it's not happening, but I just get the feeling that it is. Their dad just apparently knows sooo much about them and what they like in men, as LadyKaiko said. But I hate how they all have to take care of each other. Yes, families help out. My dad's brothers watched him, but they did not help raise them. They chose to have these kids and yet all of the older ones are taking care of the little ones. There's a difference between helping and raising.

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

@TaylorKnows: You're right, there is a big difference between helping and raising.
My parents don't understand why I hate them so much because "they're not neglecting them." Sure, they may not be (visibly) abusing them (verbally or physically), or starving them, but they are mentally abusing them and neglecting them in the sense of attention and love. It's impossible to give that many kids the love and attention they need. They also don't have any privacy or social skills, and every human being needs those things.

Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Primadxnna »

Michelle basically uses the older girls as care takers.
Its understandable that their dad wants the best for them. But what they don't understand is that a girl can chose the man she wants to be with all by herself. Its just creepy how HE has to do it.
Basically their parents want them to have as much kids as they do, and for them to have the same values.
I'm sorry, but Michelle won't be able to handle about 500 (more or less) grandchildren.
I do have to agree with what people are saying, these people basically want to over-populate the world. And there's very few guys/girls with the extreme "values" that they have. I have no problems with conservative families and their beliefs. But this is just way odd.. I mean, you can't push your child into being what you want them to be.

------------------------

I found this article, and I'm not sure what to think about it. :?

http://jezebel.com/5939635/the-duggars-are-an-evil-cult

--------------------

Return to “Celebrity”