wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chloe Grace Moretz

Post by wanderlust »

HattieChaos wrote:
I agree about the blame, I meant the people that act on it - sorry. It's a very slippery slope, because so many of them believe that as long as the child consents as well, then it's okay, when that isn't how it works at all. But yeah, I'm pretty sure paedophilia is classed as a sickness by most medical professionals, I just don't know how one would go about treating it.

I think I only realised how common sexual abuse was when it actually happened to me, but I didn't really recognise that when my Mother's boyfriends used to feel me up and make me feel uncomfortable that that was sexual abuse. I think I honestly thought that was normal until a certain time. But after I begun talking about it with people, I realised just how common it is. My best friend reckons that rape/abuse and all that sort of thing happens more often in "lower class" places because the people tend to be more uncivilised.. I'm not sure how true that is, but I live in an area with mostly poor/on benefits or at least working class people and I think I can honestly say that here, if you are a girl and you weren't abused in some way as a child, you are probably in the minority. Obviously a rapist doesn't go around looking for the poorest victims, but I think the area thing might be onto something. I mean, crime rates etc. go up in slums and poor places, so accounts of sexual abuse obviously have to be a part of that figure. I think if I was to have kids, it'd only be after I was as financially good as I could get and living in a really really well off area. I think there's a sort of safety in money. Richer people treat it as a shock when something happens to them, but for certain areas on the opposite end of the money spectrum - this sort of stuff is the norm, almost expected.
No need to apologize..I didn't think you were saying otherwise. I was just adding my opinion on.

I'm really sorry that that happened to you. I think you're probably onto something about it being more prevalent where there's higher crime rates. Nothing ever happened to me, but sometimes I have dreams that it did, though I'm 99% certain it didn't.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

I finished the movie (Hick) and the character did end up being raped, though thankfully it was only implied/wasn't shown at all. I didn't really know what the movie was about going in...I was just watching it because I was curious about the combination of Chloe Moretz and Blake Lively in a movie.

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

Well, if Chloe is sixteen, then it doesn't really mean people are pedophiles if they find her attractive, does it? I mean yeah if a 40 year old guy thinks a 16 year old girl is hot then it's slightly creepy, but it doesn't make them a pedophile... :?

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

BrunetteBarbie wrote:Well, if Chloe is sixteen, then it doesn't really mean people are pedophiles if they find her attractive, does it? I mean yeah if a 40 year old guy thinks a 16 year old girl is hot then it's slightly creepy, but it doesn't make them a pedophile... :?
I was more discussing the movie (Hick) in which she plays a 13 year old. She had to have been 14 at most when that was filmed.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

BrunetteBarbie wrote:Well, if Chloe is sixteen, then it doesn't really mean people are pedophiles if they find her attractive, does it? I mean yeah if a 40 year old guy thinks a 16 year old girl is hot then it's slightly creepy, but it doesn't make them a pedophile... :?
There's a type of paedophilia that is men attracted to girls between 15 and 20, which is kind of bordering on okay-but-not-okay (I forgot the name). It's difficult to put the line at where it's paedophilia and where it isn't, because if you fancy someone at 16 then I mean, you would have likely wanted her at 15 as well.. And the age of consent isn't 16 in the US, which makes things fuzzy. I don't really know where the line is. But it doesn't matter, because girls that are way younger than 16 are being sexualized.

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

HattieChaos wrote:
There's a type of paedophilia that is men attracted to girls between 15 and 20, which is kind of bordering on okay-but-not-okay (I forgot the name). It's difficult to put the line at where it's paedophilia and where it isn't, because if you fancy someone at 16 then I mean, you would have likely wanted her at 15 as well.. And the age of consent isn't 16 in the US, which makes things fuzzy. I don't really know where the line is. But it doesn't matter, because girls that are way younger than 16 are being sexualized.
It is sixteen in some states... Not that I think the age of consent is anything to do with it.

Idk, it's just to me a pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to children, and sixteen year old girls aren't children. But yeah I agree that young girls are sexualised in the media and Hollywood really crosses the line sometimes.

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

My dad used to call Hilary Duff hot before she was the age of 18. I don't think it's pedophilish. They're teenagers. If this was a little kid, yeah it'd be creepy. But this is just guys being guys. While some teens are oversexulized, I don't think Chloe is one of them.

Pompopoko888
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Pompopoko888 »

I used to like Chloe Grace Moretz (back when I first saw her in Big Momma's house 2) and thought she was OK. Now I see her face everywhere, and honestly, it's driving me NUTS. The fame and publicity has gotten into her head and now she thinks she's above everyone else and voices her opinions everywhere. She's acting waaaaay much older than her actual age, it's disgusting - like how she voices her opinions about Hollywood, smoke and drug references, etc. You're 19, technically still a teenager, not a 20 or 30 year old. Can't you act according to your age for a little longer and not get your head wrapped around celebrity gossip and politics on twitter - that's right, I'm looking at the Kim -K and Taylor feud too...

I can't stand it when she 'slut-shames' women (like in one of her 2013 Kick-ass 2 interviews where she's asked to give a tip to young girls of the new generation) and next minute, she's wearing V-cut dresses with 95% of her skin showing...Hypocrite.

Also, is it just me or during her visit to Korea where they filmed her trying out different Korean dishes and cuisine (which look delicious, by the way), I thought it was rude how after tasting each dish, she kept drinking water from her water bottle, as if she was trying to wash down the taste? It's like she couldn't stand it. (Also, refusing to try out salmon on sushi? What in the world...She isn't allergic to it or anything. Just eat the god-damn fish)

TravisPiew
Stalker
Stalker

Chloe Grace Moretz

Post by TravisPiew »

How older is that silicone trash? chloe moretz just told her from that embarrassing and unecessary nude to show she lost weight after having a kid thats not a good example. And Chloe is right.
I boycott and never watch the Kartrashians, they disgust me with their fur and they are the cancer of society

green superfood

Return to “Celebrity”