Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Victoria's Secret Models

Post by well wait idk »

xoxod wrote:
pizza wrote:
xoxod wrote: I'm definitely kinda in-between on Cara. Her walk is terrible, but her facial features are quite striking and in pictures she comes off pretty amazingly. However she is kinda embarrassing when it comes to her personality.
What about her personality is so embarrassing? Just curious.
She's kind of a goof-ball, I guess. Not necessarily embarrassing, but she's definitely really interesting and extravagant, very high energy. Embarrassing may not be the right word actually, but her personality is definitely different.
shes certainly got amazing features but i feel like literally all of her pictures are the exact same. she doesnt seem to have much variety.

Gremlin
Talker
Talker

Post by Gremlin »

There's something about Cara's face that reminds that reminds me of a skull without any skin/flesh on it. Creepy.

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

I actually like Karlie but I don't think she is right for Victoria's Secret. Same with Chanel Iman, I think she is beautiful but she wasn't suited to Victoria's Secret, I think they both are better suited to high fashion.

Custard
Learner
Learner

Post by Custard »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/1 ... 95808.html

Does she really think she's Harvard material?

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

^^

Errr... no.

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

karlie kloss is 20? o_o i thought she was like 26 or 27. i cant believe shes my age! :o

Chelsea
Talker
Talker

Post by Chelsea »

She looks a lot older then 20 for sure - possibly because she is so thin which gives her face a very chiseled/gaunt appearance. I think she is perfect for high fashion but doesnt fit in as a VS angel or with the VS brand.

wellwellwell
Learner
Learner

Post by wellwellwell »

I can't comment on whether Karlie is Harvard material in terms of intelligence but as long as she has money she can get in. That's the way it works for public figures.

plumberryglow19
Learner
Learner

Post by plumberryglow19 »

I like watching the Victoria's Secret fashion shows on YouTube. I would say I'm a casual watcher but my mom probably thinks I'm obsessed since I'm always commenting about which clothes I think are cute in the catalogs or which models I think are pretty. For the record I've never ordered anything from Victoria's Secret I just like looking at the clothes and seeing my favorite models. I don't know all of their names but my favorites are Alessandra and Adriana because they've been with Victoria's Secret the longest.

Chelsea
Talker
Talker

Post by Chelsea »

Its Adrianas time to retire, sorry, being honest. Her body was not up to par on the runway this year - facially she is gorgeous yes, but it is definitely her time. Lily Aldridge is the definition of average/not-memorable and I think she should step down too. Love Ale, Miranda, Candice, Erin. I really liked Rosie, I thought she was perf for VS.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

I think Adriana's body was amazing considering she'd just had a baby 8 weeks prior to the show. But I personally agree that her time with VS is just about up. Her comeback show (after she had her first baby) was the last time I really remember thinking that she was the epitome of Victoria's Secret sexy. I think she should bow out gracefully and allow the new(er) crop of girls to take over. They have some lovely new girls that could represent the brand very well alongside Candice, Miranda, Doutzen, Ale, etc.

I do not, however, believe that new crop of girls should include Karlie Kloss. I'm absolutely disgusted by her. I find her extremely plain looking, actually bordering on unattractive, entirely too thin for the Victoria's Secret brand and I completely hate her personality.

But Barbara and Shanina are definitely the kind of girls I love to see on the Victoria's Secret runways...they just have that it factor.

Custard
Learner
Learner

Post by Custard »

It's been a while, but I would love to revive this thread. 8-)
It's true - Karlie Kloss is officially a Victoria's Secret Angel.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Ok, I'm disappointed.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

Ew. How is she sexy?

Custard
Learner
Learner

Post by Custard »

xoxod wrote:I don't think that's true though. Just because they refer to them as that, doesn't mean anything. Bregje Heinen has also done the in-store appearance thing too, and she's not an Angel.
Woah, you're right. They use the term "Angel" very loosely. Possibly to attract costumers? What a great sigh of relief though.

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

I buy my bras&undies from Aerie. They're cheaper and I like the fit better.

But the Angels are hot.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

I have never bought anything from VS but I love their fashion shows. They are so creative! My favorite angels are Adriana Lima and Miranda Kerr.

Chelsea
Talker
Talker

Post by Chelsea »

Custard wrote:
xoxod wrote:I don't think that's true though. Just because they refer to them as that, doesn't mean anything. Bregje Heinen has also done the in-store appearance thing too, and she's not an Angel.
Woah, you're right. They use the term "Angel" very loosely. Possibly to attract costumers? What a great sigh of relief though.
Well jeeze, VS definitely has a look they go for - Candice and Bregje look indentical facially except one is brunette and one is blonde lol.

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

Candice is HOT! Although... I can't help but feel she has a very conceited aura. In a lip synching video to Fireworks, all the angels seemed to genuinely have fun letting loose but Candice was just too focussed on being "sexy". Can't blame her though, it's Candice freakin' Swanepoel for crying out loud :|
Marissa Miller is sooo hot! Love her :D
Miranda Kerr is really cute.

Although I do love runway models, I don't think a lot of them are suited to be an Angel. Runway models are a different type of beautiful, whilst Angels have a very specific, generic type of beautiful. Most runway models don't really have the body either. The only Angels that I truly think have the body to model lingerie is Candice, Marissa, and Adriana.

Return to ā€œCelebrityā€