Meghan Markle - Duchess of Sussex

Meghan Markle - Duchess of Sussex

Post by Guest »

Love her? Hate her? Talk all about her here!

moodyandmean
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Meghan Markle - Duchess of Sussex

Post by moodyandmean »

God Twitter kept shoving that interview where she whines and goes "...not many people ask if I'm okay..."
Like girl the media is being rude, I get that, but you've been in the public eye for a while and you had to know it would get worse marrying into the damn royal family! Especially as an American! And please recognize: you are a successful actress who has married into one of the most rich and powerful families in the world. You have more money than I will ever see my whole life. I think you're okay.
shit talk on strangers-- it's rude to shit talk the ppl you know :love2:

Post by Guest »

I had felt sorry for her before and after the marriage with the way her family was acting; her father and half-sister etc, constantly running to the media and stirring up drama, selling her out despite not having spoken to her for years anyway. I've got some similarly psycho family members who would absolutely love to give some shady tell all interviews if they had the chance, despite not speaking to them for over 15 years, and literally the last time we spoke I was a teenager myself. So I sympathized a lot, which I think a lot of people did. I also think her sister finally realized all she was doing was garnering sympathy for her, not 'exposing' much of anything, and I absolutely think legal action came down upon them for those antics, it was just kept quiet.

Oh I did also find it really odd she didn't have traditional bridesmaids for her wedding party, like wouldn't you want your gal pals to get there with you on your biggest day? Don't get me started on the Oprah thing, which just seems like it was all for publicity, as were most of the 'celebrity' guests. They unfortunately made themselves a spectacle in the way she presented herself in the wedding. The general public would have been far more accepting had she toned it down a lot and been a lot more humble. But I digress.

In the aftermath her general actions seemed very hypocritical. She wanted privacy, yet she was going out in public to high profile events and places with friends and started being pissed that people were pointing and staring and wanting to come up and chit-chat at PUBLIC events, and get a piece of her. Sorry love, either buy balcony/box seats, or a private room - or don't go to these events. You can't have it both ways.

She has also done a heck of a lot of gallivanting (and shopping) around for someone who just had a baby, and that didn't sit well with many people, either. Everything she has done has just poured more scrutiny onto herself, to make her look completely out of touch with reality.

Not to mention the stories about staffing issues with many long-term staffers quitting, or getting fired - whether those are true or just media beat-up stories I don't know, for sure. So I'm just commenting on stuff I've actually SEEN for myself and how I feel about her actions and behaviours in public.

Derpina
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Derpina »

I am annoyed of having to see her face everywhere. She's still a D class random American TV show bimbo to me.
I had no idea who she was before she got engaged and first I was just like "whatever, Harry found someone."
But when press started digging and pictures from teenage Meghan in front of the Buckingham(?) Palace came up, combined with the story of how they met and had their first date.. Weird. It seems as if her American-British dream has become true. Hollywood starlet wasn't enough, she had to be a real princess.
Everything is about HER. Her wedding, her dress, her baby, her Africa trip, her new rules, her breaking the royal protocols.
She tries so hard to be Diana 2.0 because rebellion is so much more trendy than behaving like a "true royal".

I can't put my fingers on why but all charity and all good things she does seem to be done for the sake of giving her the image of an angel and not the purpose itself.

Money and titles can't buy you class which I think she lacks.

hooyah123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hooyah123 »

has been interesting seeing some of ur guys thoughts on meghan, and surprisingly i'm finding myself agreeing somewhat.

i think the thing that stills irks me though is the fact that some of the media backlash seems to be racially charged imo which is downright wrong.

i don't think it's easy for celebs to have the media constantly on them but at the same time there has to be some sort of con for having access to THAT much money.
If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

Derpina
Learner
Learner

Post by Derpina »

She had money before. What I think is way more interesting is the opportunities she gets as a member of the Royal family. I'd die to be able to meet so many interesting people, visit the most beautiful places and be in a position to make a change. There are so many organisations and projects she can be part of.

half_pint
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by half_pint »

I've never liked her. She always rubbed me the wrong way when she was in suits and I still find her extremely fake. I don't buy her whole "I'm such a nice person and just want to save the world" act. She has always just wanted money and fame (which is totally cool as long as you own up to it, but she doesn't). I also can't stand how everyone makes her out to be a victim just because she's part black. Most people didn't even know this until magazines started posting photos of her mom (since Meghan is very light skin). The British media doesn't hate on her because her mother is black, they do because they've always been assholes to any member of the royal family. She's an easy target because she's 1. American 2. Divorced 3. Old (in terms of society's standards for women and 4. does not come from a royal/elite or "good" family. I'm not saying that bullying her is okay, it's not. I just think it's bullshit to be calling everyone racist just because they don't liker her. Kate & Diana have always been attacked by the British media so why is it all of a sudden racism when it's being done to Meghan?

moodyandmean
Talker
Talker

Post by moodyandmean »

hooyah123 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:28 am
has been interesting seeing some of ur guys thoughts on meghan, and surprisingly i'm finding myself agreeing somewhat.

i think the thing that stills irks me though is the fact that some of the media backlash seems to be racially charged imo which is downright wrong.

i don't think it's easy for celebs to have the media constantly on them but at the same time there has to be some sort of con for having access to THAT much money.
I agree that a lot of the hit pieces on her seem to be based in racism. Racism is always, always wrong. However, so many people call out this racism for her. I don't think she should even address the media's cruelty towards her unless she's directly calling out the racism, which, maybe she has done. I'll be honest, I don't keep up with the royal family too much. But if she's already done it, then she's said her piece, and she doesn't need to cry and make herself look like a helpless victim. She would seem much stronger to me if she just let them talk and kept doing good things for others, making the media look like complete idiots.

I totally agree that being in the public eye has to take a toll, and that Meghan is being especially targeted since she's a woman of color. But if the statement she wants to make about it is, "Ohhh poor meeeee," then it's not really anything other than she wants to be in the news some more. Which is counter-productive if she wants to be left alone.

chocolatechip_c00kie
Debater
Debater

Post by chocolatechip_c00kie »

I always had a weird feeling about her, I loved Suits but she always seemed like an over achiever and perfectionist and not in a good way. When I found out about her and Harry I was very surprised but had no idea about her private life or anything.

I watched their documentary yesterday and I have a few things to say. You don't get to whine once u marry into a royal family because people just won't buy it. They only see what's on the outside anyway and no one cares how you feel hurt that the media is writing all these things about you, because of the privileged life you get to live. Maybe don't give them a reason to do that. Kate also had to fight with media at the beginning but she respects the royal protocole and has been nothing but a lady ever since she married. I am pretty sure no one held her hand during the whole thing either but you didn't see her disrespecting the family.

Meghan clearly has no idea about what the royal family stands for, it's an institution that exists for centuries and she obviously doesn't care. I think that marriage was more or less rushed into because Harry probably felt pressured by the family to finally have a serious relationship and Meghan possibly thought he won't be a king anyway so they will be able to live differently. She is also clearly pulling Harry away from his brother and family, not just that they stepped out of that organisation but also won't even spend the holidays in UK. I am sure he loves her and wants to please her (what meghan wants meghan gets), but it will cost him a lot. Doesn't wonder me that she had to change a few assistants already and that other staff members don't like her either. She needs someone to teach her more than how to sip tea.
Relationship status: table for one but drinks for two.

TheOneWhoJustCouldnt
Debater
Debater

Post by TheOneWhoJustCouldnt »

I used to like her (more like feel sorry for her), but now I feel like she attracts negativity by being a shitty person.

i think harry will have so many regrets in the future about how he's been allowing her to pull the strings. i get that marriage is all about compromise, but it seems like he's doing all the giving while she takes.

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

The amount of internalized misogyny in this thread...

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

never liked her.
don't care about her status or her husband. she just seems a classless tasteless bimbo who loves attention.
she looks fake all the time.

haulbiotch
Talker
Talker

Post by haulbiotch »

This is the kind of thread that shows peoples true colours

Post by Guest »

haze wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:41 pm
Because a feminist couldn't possibly disagree with how another woman lives her life. :tu:
haulbiotch wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:33 pm
This is the kind of thread that shows peoples true colours
You're free to disagree and reply as such.

half_pint
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by half_pint »

haze wrote:
Care to elaborate? Disliking another woman isn't misogynistic, no one here dislikes her because she's a woman. If you think pointing out another woman's negative qualities (pretty much all about her personality no one here has trashed her looks) makes you a misogynist then everyone in this website is since the whole point of this website is to talk about annoying qualities about (mainly) youtubers a lot of which happen to be women.

I'm really tired of this trend where disliking any sort of minority automatically makes you an asshole. Newsflash: being a woman, gay, POC etc does not automatically make you a great person. Likewise disliking a minority doesn't make you homophobic/racist/sexist unless you dislike them because they're a minority. I say this as a woman of colour myself.

karolisha
Talker
Talker

Post by karolisha »

With Megahn, there is possibility of the bad attemtion is because of racism. Imean really you cant say that any negative attentions for Diana and Kate was for racism but for Megahn because she is half I know there are defintely some persons that it bothers them.

The only problem I saw in here maybe was she was called bimbo. But I dont understand why? She doesnt look like that or maybe I dont understand what bimbo is.

sergeantsantiago
Talker
Talker

Post by sergeantsantiago »

One thing that I found odd was that, as I understand it, she picks charities she wants to support or represent.

But the normal process is I think more that royals are given charities to represent. As in, you wouldn’t turn down going to visit or promote eg a cancer charity because you want to promote women and feminism. Not saying that she has turned down such charities, just that picking and choosing in this way doesn’t really fit the way the institution works.

Similarly, I found the September vogue issue editorship self indulgent. She should have just done the cover shoot herself instead of trying to make herself look better than by featuring inspirational women who may have had struggles etc but if I recall weren’t risking their lives to eg defend women. It was all rather shallow in the end.

Idk, my feeling is she wants to be extraordinary, but being extraordinary is not something the royal family is known for. I think she’s smart and driven and she seemed kind and genuine in her Suits days. Now she’s married she seems to have this agenda.

moodyandmean
Talker
Talker

Post by moodyandmean »

haze wrote:
Offtopic:
You say this, but I see you in the Tati thread calling her and her supporters "vapid idiots," saying she has "Tara Reid tits and scrawny arms," she has "bad posture" and "nothing about her is attractive." It's not like you're wrong about Tati, but don't act like you're sooo much better than us, or that some people are valid to trash and some are not. This whole site is about trash talk and... gossip. :tu:

Derpina
Learner
Learner

Post by Derpina »

karolisha wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:52 pm

The only problem I saw in here maybe was she was called bimbo. But I dont understand why? She doesnt look like that or maybe I dont understand what bimbo is.
Or maybe I don't, in that case I'd like to apologise.

To me and where I live bimbo means: Attention seeking, plastic, most concerned about looks and image, trying to "make it" and getting famous, plastic surgeries, following every trend, acting like a shy deer...
Paris Hilton in the early 2000's basically. Not necessarily stupid, but maybe acting a little naive. Tons of early Youtubes would in my definition be a bimbo.

Side note: Criticism of her persona in the media over here barely ever touches her race. The fact she's not British but US American is waaaaay more discussed than her skin tone. I can't even think of one negative mention of her race in ANY more or less mean article or TV show discussion.
It's like: "She is not British! Untitled! Older than Harry! Divorced! An actress! Her family is a mess! Her wardrobe is too expensive! Oh and she's also half black by the way."
E. g. her super expensive baby shower. It's not really a thing in Europe so people were mad she spend so much money - and it didn't matter if she used her own, self earnt money or not. Royal women from any European country usually get positive press for wearing the same outfit to multiple occasions or showing up in affordable items.

I finally had time to watch the documentary and I really wonder what she means with "I expected it to be fair."
What does "fair" mean to her? No lies? That nobody would make up fake stories and publish them as the truth? That press would give her a break once her baby was born?

If it's fair that people of public interest are treated this way is a whole different topic. But I don't get what she expected.

She chose a life in the public eye multiple times - quite contrary to her husband.
First time when she decided to become an actress.
Second time when she decided to be a Hollywood actress (instead of working in local theatres or something).
Third time when she met Harry.
Fourth time when dating became serious.
Fifth time when she got engaged.
Sixth time when she got married.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

I don't think people dislike her because of her race. she just wants to be everywhere, but even her clothes and image look odd and silly all the time, plus her behaviour in some official events isn't okay either, some people claim it looks like a disrespect to the family and I think I might agree to that too.
she's a woman who doesn't care about anybody but herself, that's my personal view.
she just wants everyone to adore her and think she's oh-so-special when she isn't, even being married to the prince.

Return to “Celebrity”