Maya Jama

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Maya Jama

Post by wild4thenight »

since the holly boon drama has surfaced I've seen a lot of mentions about Maya Jama being racist also...

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

gross

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Maya Jama

Post by saywhatyouwant2me »

Do you think this will genuinely affect her career? When I compare it to Munroe Bergdorf who was dropped like hot shit from loreal, but then loreal who own Maybelline haven't made a move on Maya.

I'm disappointed

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

saywhatyouwant2me wrote:Do you think this will genuinely affect her career? When I compare it to Munroe Bergdorf who was dropped like hot shit from loreal, but then loreal who own Maybelline haven't made a move on Maya.

I'm disappointed
me too. i hope it does affect her but i have my doubts.

i'm interested in what (if anything) stormzy will say when he reactivates twitter

Petty_Le_Pew
Informer
Informer

Post by Petty_Le_Pew »

Hope it's cool for me to join the party ;)

I can't believe she made tweets like that! Dating a dark skin guy but very comfortable trashing black women!

I have so many questions, did/does she not have black girlfriends? Can she not see who she's dating lol, does she not consider herself black/half?

Stormzy is busted but I'd never refer to his skin colour to define his attractiveness (or lack of it to me), SMH cussing the very same women who like his mum and sis...

Maya is only 23/24 and she's made comments like that in 'public' such a shame and an embarrassment
It Ain't A Party 'Til Somebody Cries

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

Petty_Le_Pew wrote:Hope it's cool for me to join the party ;)
hell yeah we all love a gossip party :tu:

i'm also struggling to understand the whole thing, for one why is it 'funny' to diss dark skinned women? like what is funny about it? i don't get it

i hope stormzy's mum has seen what maya tweeted and is disgusted. i would be too - regardless of my skin colour.

Petty_Le_Pew
Informer
Informer

Post by Petty_Le_Pew »

Exactly, I don't get it either. Black women (especially richer/deeper skin tones) have for a long time been used as some kind of sick running joke and what I feel makes it even worse is that there are black men of the same/similar hue laughing/ 'joking' (among the others that do) along with them, like WTF?!

I've seen tweets/posts of Stormzy making similar types of 'jokes', it's sickening and saddening. They are the worst.

I can't look at her page the same now SMH.

So she's put out an apology but I don't think that's going to be enough to turn this around.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

Petty_Le_Pew wrote:Thanks :)

Exactly, I don't get it either. Black women (especially richer/deeper skin tones) have for a long time been used as some kind of sick running joke and what I feel makes it even worse is that there are black men of the same/similar hue laughing/ 'joking' (among the others that do) along with them, like WTF?!

I've seen tweets/posts of Stormzy making similar types of 'jokes', it's sickening and saddening. They are the worst.

I can't look at her page the same now SMH.

So she's put out an apology but I don't think that's going to be enough to turn this around.
yeah i saw the stormzy stuff too. how can they hate on women with the same skin colour?! like do they not look at themselves in the mirror afterwards and realise they too are dark skinned??? omg what a surprise...

stormzy will recover from this i bet, but i hope she gets sacked from her shite tv work.

Petty_Le_Pew
Informer
Informer

Post by Petty_Le_Pew »

Men usually come out the other side better than women judging by past experience. Not into Stormzy/his music and only noticed him more when I saw photos of him and Maya together.

All this work she put in from being a teen to now, what a fall from grace lol

I swear, sometimes I think they should make Twitter and Insta 18+ only (even though she was around 17/18 at the time) to stop this kind of foolery biting them on the arse in the future. Have you seen her 'apology'?

I wonder who she pissed off to have them digging for those gems :?

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwant2me »

Petty_Le_Pew wrote:Men usually come out the other side better than women judging by past experience. Not into Stormzy/his music and only noticed him more when I saw photos of him and Maya together.

All this work she put in from being a teen to now, what a fall from grace lol

I swear, sometimes I think they should make Twitter and Insta 18+ only (even though she was around 17/18 at the time) to stop this kind of foolery biting them on the arse in the future. Have you seen her 'apology'?

I wonder who she pissed off to have them digging for those gems :?
I dunno if any of you visit Lipstick Alley, it's a gossip blog for African American women, but they went innn on Maya. The person who found the tweet posted saying they searched 'Maya' and 'dark' purely out of boredom. Then they sat on it for about 2 months then randomly retweeted it at 1am or something. When they woke up it was out of control.

Her tweets are awful and she seems like a terrible person. she was offensive to gays, Asians, disabled people, rape victims, Somalis (her own people). Like one of those adbo kids who think it's funny to take the piss out of everyone.

It might not hurt her career now but as someone who's very active on social media, as in snapping as if she has no job, it'll change a lot.

Also as a presenter her marketability depends on how liked she is and she's a lot less liked. She got where she is through her bubbly personality but now we see she's an arsehole.

She might not lose contracts but will she get new ones? Let's see.

Petty_Le_Pew
Informer
Informer

Post by Petty_Le_Pew »

I've been on Lipstick Alley a few times but not in a long time. Lol shit's going down!

I don't think I've heard her speak on diversity or being a POC in the industry so I'm not surprised really, she has royally played herself big time.

Now she wants to talk about the disrespect of black women?? LOL Maya better GTFOH

I don't know what's going to happen with her or her career, maybe she'll have to do a lot of promos/reparations, I think she's too popular at the minute for companies to drop her now.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

i remember when stormzy really blew up after GSAP and everybody posting photos of her like omg his girlfriend is amazing... oh how the mighty have fallen.

growupandblowaway
Learner
Learner

Post by growupandblowaway »

She now has a Pretty Little Thing. I asked her why she supported a company that has literally thousands of reviews from customers who never received their orders or refunds and was blocked. Guest it's ok to line your pockets with the money of impressionable young girls.

exlurker240993
Learner
Learner

Post by exlurker240993 »

Just popped in here to say I can’t stand this woman - I always saw something disengenious and fake in her demeanour. She’s a social climber and the only reason why she apologised for her racist tweets was because she got called out for them in the first place. She stopped tweeting offensive things about dark skinned black women once she got famous but people have noticed she still liked tweets that clowed dark skinned black women but just made her views less obvious now she’s got a platform. And yet even after she gets exposed she continues to have people like AJ Odudu (British Nigerian fellow presenter) as an example aka the very definition of the ‘dark skinned bitches’ she was clowning - supporting her. Maya’s been using dark skinned women
purely as props and just to gain a fanbase and more urban ‘cred’. It’s so transparent :roll: Any black woman in the UK who continues to support her even after knowing about her numerous racist and problematic tweets has no self respect.

I feel extremely sorry for all the young girls/women that have been looking up to Maya Jama - a lot of them undoubtedly being dark skinned black women. A lot of non mixed black women, especially dark skinned ones have had experiences where they have felt insecure compared to mixed race/light skinned girls. To them, Maya has been pushed wrongly by the UK the epitome of what they should aspire to be like as a representation of the black community in the UK - a Somali/Swedish light skinned woman who basically thinks dark skinned black women are trash. There are MANY other better role models for young girls, especially young black girls in the UK to look up to. What a joke.

Return to “Celebrity”