Lizzza/Liza Koshy

ludirudi
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Lizzza/Liza Koshy

Post by ludirudi »

Just commented on her in David's thread but I feel like I was watching another series of interviews vs. what the commenter above just talked about.

I think she stuck to what Vogue told her to stick to. They only get a short amount of time and it sounds like she was told to ask about confession, comment on their clothing, ask a question. I think she did great? And tbh I can't stand her videos.

honeybaby
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by honeybaby »

im sure the interviews were longer ?? they probably cut it down for their channel

julez
Debater
Debater

Post by julez »

ludirudi wrote:Just commented on her in David's thread but I feel like I was watching another series of interviews vs. what the commenter above just talked about.
Same.
I normally hate her videos and her humor, but I thought the interviews were alright. And she came across quite confident with all the famous people, which was good.

RanMao
Learner
Learner

Post by RanMao »

I haven't watched the interviews, but I've been scrolling through everyone's outfits and oh my god.

What was she wearing??? Did she not get that there was a theme, and that theme was NOT 'a spin on your favourite Addams Family character.' ?
"Who am I? Let's go to the beach, beach...Nincki Minjaj."

Post by Guest »

honeybaby wrote:im sure the interviews were longer ?? they probably cut it down for their channel
no they only get about a minute with the press each. That's why the red carpet job is so stressful and only really for people who completely "work" their up from media and know how to handle celebrities. The celebrities are bored and hungry and don't want to talk to you, obviously, so you have to make them comfortable and squeeze the right reaction from them.

Look at Giuliana Rancic. She had to claw her way up to that spot. It's also a JOB and it's a PRESS JOB at that. When you only have a minute with each person you need to get fresh clips and squeeze as much time as you can. All of the celebrities she talked to either pitied her or just walked away annoyed (Lana Del Rey was straight up sneering at her, Ariana walked away after a question she wasn't comfortable with, Travis looked like he wanted to die, etc).

Post by Guest »

Who let this girl interview celebrities on the red carpet? So much second hand embarrassment. Idris just look like he pitied her and wanted to run. What a hot mess. :rofl:

galaxy_stars
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by galaxy_stars »

A lot of celebs did seem to pity her, but I think she did good overall... She seemed confident, and did ask celebs what they wore (& she did ask Kris what she's wearing)... But I just don't get what makes her so special? She came across as a try hard at times (the Kylie lip kit thing was cringe-y).. Also LOL at Katy (probably) choosing not to interview with her, we all know why :rofl:

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

RanMao wrote:I haven't watched the interviews, but I've been scrolling through everyone's outfits and oh my god.

What was she wearing??? Did she not get that there was a theme, and that theme was NOT 'a spin on your favourite Addams Family character.' ?
I don't why people are ragging on her outfit. She was hired by Vogue and they dressed her. I mean, it's Anna Wintour's event, I bet she okayed the dress at least. As an interviewer you don't want to upstage the actual guests, but you still want to have something that will have people talking.

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

I don't think she was as bad as some people claim she was, but she wasn't good either. To be honest, the few TRL bits I've seen of her in the studio with them have been pretty "meh" too. I don't think she's good for hosting TV shows/interviews. The only TV work that suits her is that "Liza tries everything" bit on TRL, that seems to be right up her alley and could be a bigger/longer segment for her.

And yeah she looked weird with that outfit, earrings, makeup, etc. I don't know much about fashion, but she just looked off. I realize someone dressed her like that and it isn't her fault, but she still came across as weird looking.

She looks better when she wears normal clothes, normal makeup and does random things like trying on rollerblade derbies. Look at this bit:

She looks great, is funny, and seems to be in her element. She's suited for this kind of content, too bad it's so short and ends so abruptly. Her doing red carpet though? Totally not her.

eimsbaz
Learner
Learner

Post by eimsbaz »

idk how to feel about liza. her main channel videos are absolutely insufferable. especially those stupid characters she plays.
but her videos on her 2nd channel and her vids with david on his 2nd channel and vlogs are actually ..pretty good. shes way more genuine on there and doesnt try as hard. i LOVE her and david together i think theyre adorable and a perfect match.

but is liza super religious? she has "God 1st' in her ig bio which is a bit off putting to me but ive never seen her mention it anywhere??? and is david? bc david doesnt seem like the religious type

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

I feel exactly the same about the content on her 1st channel vs. the one on the 2nd one. Her 1st channel content is only good when it's a Q&A or something when she's natural, otherwise she tries a bit too hard and can be pretty annoying.

And yes, I think she's pretty religious, maybe not "super religious" but certainly more religious than David who just doesn't seem to care and is probably agnostic.

KimKardashian
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KimKardashian »

Liza hosting the reboot of Nickelodeon’s ‘Double Dare’ and is doing an AMA today with Audi . she’s doing incredibly well for herself

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

She is. But now the question is, can she successfully move towards mainstream media, or will she remain an internet creator who sometimes is invited to do things?

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

Her Audi AMA thing was pretty weird -- -- very awkward host who made Liza look/act awkward. But lol at how tiny Liza is and how funny she looked with ther cheeks squeezed together by the helmet.

I wonder if Audi's gonna give her a car. She's been driving her VW Passat for a while now, I wonder if they'll give her an RS5 or something to be seen in.

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

I'm actually surprised she's being invited to do all these things, but kudos to her for getting out into the mainstream world! I wonder how David feels. He often seems jealous, or at least just ends up feeling shitty about himself when he sees all the cool things Liza is doing lol. In a couple podcasts/vlogs I've heard David say "I feel like what I do is worthless" compared to Liza.

littleraskle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by littleraskle »

Does anyone know when her and Meghan Reinks were friends and what happened? I was scrolling back on her ig (recently discovered her) and saw she had quite a few pics with her. Wonder what the story is?

squirtlessquad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by squirtlessquad »

littleraskle wrote:Does anyone know when her and Meghan Reinks were friends and what happened? I was scrolling back on her ig (recently discovered her) and saw she had quite a few pics with her. Wonder what the story is?
They became friends while filming freakish which was 2 years ago I think? I didn’t realize they weren’t anymore. Meghan falls out with friends frequently tho so I wouldn’t be surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

KimKardashian wrote:Liza hosting the reboot of Nickelodeon’s ‘Double Dare’ and is doing an AMA today with Audi . she’s doing incredibly well for herself
ughh is she really? I was looking forward to that but now I don't even care about it.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

fickletits
Lurker
Lurker

Post by fickletits »

David dropped a "We brokeup!" video that for once wasn't clickbait. Anyone with a brain who follows either of them figured that out a few months ago, but I'm not at all shocked. It was all in all a very sweet video and made me feel a little bad for both of them, but it was absolutely the right move. She's blowing up big time and he's not exactly the kind of dude who's going to be able to handle that both in a jealousy way and a flat out appropriate behavior way. I do find it kind of fascinating they managed to keep it relatively under wraps for so long and that they were both smart enough to realize they needed to, fanbase wise.

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

People have been making conspiracy theories about them breaking up since January, because in late December or so, she stopped appearing with Davd/the Vlog Squad altogether and she's been absent for a while, even on Valentine's Day. David also never mentioned her at all during this time with the podcast. So people assumed they had broken up.

However, three things were happening at that time which made her absence understandable. 1-- She was working on her "Liza On Demand" show. 2-- YouTube was going through a ton of shit due to the Logan Paul controversy, and we all know David is potentially one mistake away from having a similar faux pas and fall from grace, which could have affected Liza's new show/career. 3-- Trisha appeared in the vlogs, and she's a PR nightmare for someone like Liza.

So while the "conspiracy theories" turned out to be true and they had, in fact, broken up in December or so, there were several other possible explanations for Liza's absence, which is why many of us hoped it wasn't a personal matter. Guess it was. Shame. But if being in this relationship doesn't work for Liza anymore, maybe it's for the best. Nothing worse in life than being stuck in a relationship that makes you unhappy. They're way too young for that.

Return to “Celebrity”