Celebrities with overrated looks

LeahTheBallerina
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Celebrities with overrated looks

Post by LeahTheBallerina » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:54 pm

Emma Watson. I work ad a performer and she came through as a regular guest and I was shocked how boring she looked. It is not a common for me to want to yawn when looking at some one...but damn..

CrystallineKitty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrystallineKitty » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:01 pm

I agree that VS models are overhyped.

VS models are mostly tall, thin girls that are heavily contoured and tanned. Some of them are really pretty, others are not. They all have chiseled faces in the least so I can see why they are models. But I hate how they get pained as super hot women, more attractive than the average person.

Their bodies are photoshopped in photoshoots which is really obvious. They use contour to give breasts, an ass and to make them curvier. I think they are very toned and kudos for them looking really fit but in their casual photos their bodies look average. I don't know why they go on about them having the perfect bodies. I see tall, thin girls in real life all the time. Some VS model have really nice figures but a lot of the others are not so special? Don't get me wrong. I am not saying they have bad bodies or are ugly. But what I am getting at is that their bodies aren't superior to the average woman. I have seen average women on the street with nicer figures.

I see some in photos where they wear casual clothes out and about and....they just looked really lanky to me?

They are just women who have the time to work out hours every day per week because it is their job. Plus it is very well-known that they photoshop their waists and upper arms to be slimmer. Most of them are really boxy.

Disclaimer:

I think all body types and figures are really nice. I am just comparing them to conventional beauty standards. It is just confusing to me because the beauty/fashion industry is based off conventional beauty standards and some models don't really meet it and they get praised for it? Or they photoshop them to look like they adhere to the standards and go out of their way to 'fake' it which is really harmful IMO. These models aren't hourglasses. Most of them are just not but they try to photoshop them as these really thin hourglass women.....when it is all bullshit and photoshopped. It's a damn lie.
Image :love2: :love2:

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:42 pm

Bones_G2 wrote:KATE UPTON
ugh YES! her face is cute (I don't personally find it gorgeous but I sort of understand if others do) but her body is like a man's body except 2 big saggy boobs :roll:

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

This mighthave been already discussed but I I always thought Victoria Beckham look rather dull and has overrated looks. Without the money or fame, there's nothing special about her look.

srirachujang
Informer
Informer

Post by srirachujang » Wed May 02, 2018 2:07 pm

Ariana Grande is another one. The whole overly-sexualized look she was trying to pull off honestly doesn't work for her, plus she looks twelve for someone who's at least 24 years-old.

I will say though--is it just me, or did she gain a decent amount of weight in her video for No Tears Left to Cry? Maybe it was also what she was wearing or the camera angles and whatever, but she looks at least eight pounds heavier, if not ten.

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Ashley Benson!
Not only does she look super pedestrian, but since she got so chubby, she really reminds me of a trailer park mom look wise (nothing against trailer park moms though) :|

damelocarne
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by damelocarne » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:03 am

Jessica Biel doesn't do it for me.

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:00 pm

i find scarlett johansson strange, like almost ugly :o :o

srirachujang
Informer
Informer

Post by srirachujang » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Lily Rose Depp. My brother's obsessed with her but she literally always looks like she got *maybe* five hours of sleep and doesn't want to be in class. At least she put on some much needed weight given that she initially looked like she was dying of starvation in her early modeling days.

ghostmytoaster
Learner
Learner

Post by ghostmytoaster » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:07 am

I agree with what everyone is saying about Ariana Grande. I think naturally, she's cute, but she has a fake tan, fake hair, everything fake. It's just not something I find attractive.

Return to “Celebrity”