College

sous les étoiles
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

College

Post by sous les étoiles »

My parents are concerned about the tuition at the college i'm committed for. Is it too late to ask them for more money? I already appeal but I need at least $5,000. Can anyone help?

Honolulu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: College

Post by Honolulu »

If you already committed to the school, which I'm assuming you have, then I think it's too late for you to get a scholarship, because usually they offer those to you to convince you to go. You can take out loans?

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I think after committing to a school you can still apply for scholarships. The school may have some, as well as some outside sources too.

EDIT: Loans are also a possibility but I don't recommend. Too many of my friends are graduating with a lot of debt.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

rensays
Informer
Informer

Post by rensays »

sous les étoiles wrote:My parents are concerned about the tuition at the college i'm committed for. Is it too late to ask them for more money? I already appeal but I need at least $5,000. Can anyone help?
Do FAFSA and get grants instead. Scholarships are wonderful too.

ISayGo
Learner
Learner

Post by ISayGo »

Talk to the school's financial aid department and see what they can do. I know you said you already appealed but, if you push sometimes things can be worked out.

You could also consider working during the summer/school year and of course there are loans. A $5,000 loan for this first year is not a bad idea if you are paying on it as you go. Next year you can apply for more scholarships and you'll likely be eligible for more through your school.

Also there are plenty of small independent scholarships out there if you look.

Return to “Education”