What job do you have?

nothinggold
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What job do you have?

Post by nothinggold »

I don't want to say specifically where do you work because many people may not want to share, but what kind of job do you have? Do you like it? Hate it?

I am a Pharmacy Technician! I love it. I worked a year and a half in retail logistics(fancy way of saying the backroom of Walmart/Target), and merchandised apparel at Walmart and I'm so happy to be out of that shit. I work for a national grocery chain that is actually a great company and I love my position. I definitely plan on getting state certified and maybe even going back to school for Pharmacy. Not sure but for now, I love my job.

Daphne
Learner
Learner

Re: What job do you have?

Post by Daphne »

I'm a student, I work part-time as a music composer.

Rosewynn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosewynn »

Website monitor.

It's a good fit for me right now due to chronic illness. The job itself is fun when it's busy and is dreadful when it's slow.

Luckily, I get to work from home...and waste way too much time on here. :P

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sonia »

I'm a student finishing up my last semester, but I also just started a full time job as a market research analyst. Before that I worked part time at a movie theatre and had a part time internship. Current job is okay - the company and the people are great, but the job itself is really boring. It's mostly a lot of research + cold calling, whereas I'd prefer to do web analytics, content management, stuff like that. It's a start, though. :P My husband and I are also working on a few websites that we're hoping will bring in some income, but they're still a long way off from being finished.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

I work in the French dept. of another sector of a financial institution. Hella-boring, very corporate but fluency in French, Mandarin or Canto means pay bonus.

Winter song
Informer
Informer

Post by Winter song »

I work retail. And I think I speak for everybody who also works retail when I say going to work is the most dreadful feeling in the entire world.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

I'm self-employed as a web analytics consultant. Basically I do statistical analysis of web site traffic, provide reports to clients and also recommendations when I see areas in need of improvement. I also do some of the technical side as well and help clients set up the code that's required to have in place in order to gather the traffic data in the first place.

I worked for a high tech company for 11 years before getting laid off and the web analytics part of my old job was my favorite, so I decided to specialize in that. I don't know if it's just because I have a passion for my work, but I've been fairly successful with this venture so far (approaching my 4 year anniversary this November!). Each year I've met the goals I set for myself so far (year 1, get *a* client, year 2, get at least 2 clients, year 3, get a least 3 clients and increase my weekly average hours, year 4, increase my bill rate).

I really enjoy being self-employed (except for the paying quarterly taxes *and* the self-employment tax part - that sucks). I get to make my own hours, work from home, and name the income I'm earning. Overall I find it extremely rewarding to be my own boss, so I really love it! :love2: :love2:

Amanaemonesiac
Learner
Learner

Post by Amanaemonesiac »

I work in a family photography studio. It's very target driven, the days can be very long, especially when you're standing outside in the cold promoting and trying to canvass people. And the children in for photoshoots can sometimes be the stuff of nightmares (though its often the parents who are worse..) but hey, a job's a job. I'm just trying to save up money for the year so I can go back to university.

Return to “Work”