HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Annoying things people on GG do

Post by HoardganizedJen » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:33 pm

GossipGirl131 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:59 pm
When mods abuse their position. :)
Abusing their position = Issuing a warning to a user that continued off-topic discussion after a mod asked the thread to stop off-topic discussion. Oooooookie doke :tu:

GossipGirl131
Learner
Learner

Post by GossipGirl131 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:43 am

That awkward moment when not everything is about you. I don’t want to get off topic so feel free to private message me if you wish.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:54 am

GossipGirl131 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:43 am
That awkward moment when not everything is about you. I don’t want to get off topic so feel free to private message me if you wish.
preach!!!

CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CinnamonBun » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:13 am

Kale Contour wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:38 am
vikez wrote:The racism of some users...because honestly, this forum changed and in a bad direction.If previously I loved to read here even if I'm not the most active user this trend that your opinions are less because of your skin color really rubs me the wrong way. Also, the comments on youtubers' skin color is at least very bad taste.
No one can change their skin color, not the users, not the youtubers :tu:
This is definitely an issue!! When mostly white users constantly post about a black guru, commenting on her hair, and how she looks "dirty" or that she's "not black enough" because she wears weaves... PROBLEMATIC

I can make a list of the racist users on the site but the mods, per usual won't do anything about them

CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CinnamonBun » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:40 pm

lelepultzr19 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:26 pm
Some of the people on this site seem so incredibly bitter, jealous and unhappy. I think that criticism is perfectly fine but the people on here nitpick every detail of these youtubers to the point where I'm like "do you even have a life outside of this site???" And then the minute you disagree with them about something they either tell you to get out or to make a rave thread. I post because I have valid criticisms that I want to talk about but I also don't b***ch and moan about every single thing, its so childish and boring.
Then go to a rave thread.

You pointed out the big problem: you're so quick to assume that people are jealous bitter and unhappy because there's a "right" way to gossip? It's a freaking gossip sight.

lelepultzr19
Learner
Learner

Post by lelepultzr19 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:23 pm

CinnamonBun wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:40 pm
lelepultzr19 wrote:
Some of the people on this site seem so incredibly bitter, jealous and unhappy. I think that criticism is perfectly fine but the people on here nitpick every detail of these youtubers to the point where I'm like "do you even have a life outside of this site???" And then the minute you disagree with them about something they either tell you to get out or to make a rave thread. I post because I have valid criticisms that I want to talk about but I also don't b***ch and moan about every single thing, its so childish and boring.

You pointed out the big problem: you're so quick to assume that people are jealous bitter and unhappy because there's a "right" way to gossip? It's a freaking gossip sight.
*sigh* it's like a broken record.

The amount of anger and hate that these people lodge at these youtubers would definitely make someone assume that they have some sort of personal vendetta against these youtubers. I think its pretty strange to spend a lot of time and energy watching videos of someone you dislike intensely only to nitpick and criticize their every action.If you think that's the right way to gossip than I guess that's you're life and hopefully it doesn't have a negative affect on your mental health but I still think its pretty messed up and makes the people on here seem pretty bitter and jealous. But that's just my personal opinion. If it really bothers you than I would suggest you take your own advice. :D

CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CinnamonBun » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:52 pm

lelepultzr19 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:23 pm
CinnamonBun wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:40 pm
lelepultzr19 wrote:

*sigh* it's like a broken record.

The amount of anger and hate that these people lodge at these youtubers would definitely make someone assume that they have some sort of personal vendetta against these youtubers. I think its pretty strange to spend a lot of time and energy watching videos of someone you dislike intensely only to nitpick and criticize their every action.If you think that's the right way to gossip than I guess that's you're life and hopefully it doesn't have a negative affect on your mental health but I still think its pretty messed up and makes the people on here seem pretty bitter and jealous. But that's just my personal opinion. If it really bothers you than I would suggest you take your own advice. :D

The last comment proved my point. It's so weird how you like to teeter on this passive-aggressive bitchiness but are quick to assume that people are angry/bitter/jealous. I can only speak for myself (no duh) when I say that I am not jealous of any of the beauty gurus/influencers on social media. The fact that you have to compromise a part of your life, forever being judged by appearance, clothing, sponsorship and so forth isn't my cup of tea. I enjoy the anomnity of the internet, and as technology advnces, it will be much more difficult to get off the web if you are embroiled in a scandal, especially if your job includes social media awareness
*sigh*

I reckon you didn't expect a well-thought out reply

Puptatochan
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Puptatochan » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:48 am

When people offer no new insight in a trash thread so you have to weed through the petty garbage of people only focusing on appearances and mannerisms-- I'm just here for the tea, i don't care about reading about your weird pet peeve about how a Youtuber plays with their hair too much so now you gotta whine about it. I'm much more invested in someone offering a new perspective on a youtuber no one really comments on (i.e. white girls who tan so much they look like they're brownfacing)

There's also a difference between criticism and being blatantly racist or homophobic/transphobic. Some of y'all think talking trash means you're allowed to be a bigot. No, bitch. Hate on them for everything else but watch yourself when you decide to hate on a black woman for looking a certain way or purposely misgendering transwomen.

When people on here don't know what drag actually is or think transwomen are mocking women, just say you hate the LGBT community and go.

When women on here slut shame other women. Like how is that relevant?? There's a difference between critiquing fashion and outright going "omg she looks like a slut" like shut up karen

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:16 am

When they get butthurt because we call out youtubers for their bs and some posters here do the same and then come and attack us thinking that our critisism stands for them as well.

CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CinnamonBun » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:33 pm

People who get butthurt about "slut shaming" or when you can tell that they are biased about certain injustices:

"She dated a black guy, she can't be racist"

Also....

"I use Jefree Star and Kat von D but I'm not wacist"

BlueFairy
Debater
Debater

Post by BlueFairy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:12 am

exaggeration. often about how old someone looks. "omg my mom is in her 60s and she looks way better/younger than this youtuber in her late 20s/early 30s" no bitch she doesnt. also no matter how much you hate her and her fillers, she still doesnt look 60. she might be looking ugly and older but you did not seriously think she is 20 years older than she actually is. (and like, you didnt use google to check her age? ok)

ok now i feel weird about the way i wrote it, but dont wanna edit lol

one more thing - wanting to trash about less problematic gurus and twisting what they've said/done to look worse. there were some topics i was lurking and i couldn't find those problematic things that some users claim that have been said (and also no screenshots/videos to show problematic shit anywhere in the topic). im ok with nitpicking, we have all done it, but no need for imaginary stuff, i want real tea.

nice topic for ranting so that we dont clog main threads

Return to “Guru Gossip Discussion”