Annoying things people on GG do

Post Reply
User avatar
HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 10590
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 2162 times

Re: Annoying things people on GG do

Post by HoardganizedJen » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:33 pm

GossipGirl131 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:59 pm
When mods abuse their position. :)
Abusing their position = Issuing a warning to a user that continued off-topic discussion after a mod asked the thread to stop off-topic discussion. Oooooookie doke :tu:

GossipGirl131
Learner
Learner
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:13 am
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Annoying things people on GG do

Post by GossipGirl131 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:43 am

That awkward moment when not everything is about you. I don’t want to get off topic so feel free to private message me if you wish.

User avatar
moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 3332
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:14 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 403 times

Re: Annoying things people on GG do

Post by moonlightpixie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:54 am

GossipGirl131 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:43 am
That awkward moment when not everything is about you. I don’t want to get off topic so feel free to private message me if you wish.
preach!!!

User avatar
CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Annoying things people on GG do

Post by CinnamonBun » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:13 am

Kale Contour wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:38 am
vikez wrote:The racism of some users...because honestly, this forum changed and in a bad direction.If previously I loved to read here even if I'm not the most active user this trend that your opinions are less because of your skin color really rubs me the wrong way. Also, the comments on youtubers' skin color is at least very bad taste.
No one can change their skin color, not the users, not the youtubers :tu:
This is definitely an issue!! When mostly white users constantly post about a black guru, commenting on her hair, and how she looks "dirty" or that she's "not black enough" because she wears weaves... PROBLEMATIC

I can make a list of the racist users on the site but the mods, per usual won't do anything about them
Image

User avatar
CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Annoying things people on GG do

Post by CinnamonBun » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:40 pm

lelepultzr19 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:26 pm
Some of the people on this site seem so incredibly bitter, jealous and unhappy. I think that criticism is perfectly fine but the people on here nitpick every detail of these youtubers to the point where I'm like "do you even have a life outside of this site???" And then the minute you disagree with them about something they either tell you to get out or to make a rave thread. I post because I have valid criticisms that I want to talk about but I also don't b***ch and moan about every single thing, its so childish and boring.
Then go to a rave thread.

You pointed out the big problem: you're so quick to assume that people are jealous bitter and unhappy because there's a "right" way to gossip? It's a freaking gossip sight.
Image

lelepultzr19
Learner
Learner
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Annoying things people on GG do

Post by lelepultzr19 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:23 pm

CinnamonBun wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:40 pm
lelepultzr19 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:26 pm
Some of the people on this site seem so incredibly bitter, jealous and unhappy. I think that criticism is perfectly fine but the people on here nitpick every detail of these youtubers to the point where I'm like "do you even have a life outside of this site???" And then the minute you disagree with them about something they either tell you to get out or to make a rave thread. I post because I have valid criticisms that I want to talk about but I also don't b***ch and moan about every single thing, its so childish and boring.
Then go to a rave thread.

You pointed out the big problem: you're so quick to assume that people are jealous bitter and unhappy because there's a "right" way to gossip? It's a freaking gossip sight.
*sigh* it's like a broken record.

The amount of anger and hate that these people lodge at these youtubers would definitely make someone assume that they have some sort of personal vendetta against these youtubers. I think its pretty strange to spend a lot of time and energy watching videos of someone you dislike intensely only to nitpick and criticize their every action.If you think that's the right way to gossip than I guess that's you're life and hopefully it doesn't have a negative affect on your mental health but I still think its pretty messed up and makes the people on here seem pretty bitter and jealous. But that's just my personal opinion. If it really bothers you than I would suggest you take your own advice. :D

User avatar
CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Annoying things people on GG do

Post by CinnamonBun » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:52 pm

lelepultzr19 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:23 pm
CinnamonBun wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:40 pm
lelepultzr19 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:26 pm
Some of the people on this site seem so incredibly bitter, jealous and unhappy. I think that criticism is perfectly fine but the people on here nitpick every detail of these youtubers to the point where I'm like "do you even have a life outside of this site???" And then the minute you disagree with them about something they either tell you to get out or to make a rave thread. I post because I have valid criticisms that I want to talk about but I also don't b***ch and moan about every single thing, its so childish and boring.
Then go to a rave thread.

You pointed out the big problem: you're so quick to assume that people are jealous bitter and unhappy because there's a "right" way to gossip? It's a freaking gossip sight.
*sigh* it's like a broken record.

The amount of anger and hate that these people lodge at these youtubers would definitely make someone assume that they have some sort of personal vendetta against these youtubers. I think its pretty strange to spend a lot of time and energy watching videos of someone you dislike intensely only to nitpick and criticize their every action.If you think that's the right way to gossip than I guess that's you're life and hopefully it doesn't have a negative affect on your mental health but I still think its pretty messed up and makes the people on here seem pretty bitter and jealous. But that's just my personal opinion. If it really bothers you than I would suggest you take your own advice. :D

The last comment proved my point. It's so weird how you like to teeter on this passive-aggressive bitchiness but are quick to assume that people are angry/bitter/jealous. I can only speak for myself (no duh) when I say that I am not jealous of any of the beauty gurus/influencers on social media. The fact that you have to compromise a part of your life, forever being judged by appearance, clothing, sponsorship and so forth isn't my cup of tea. I enjoy the anomnity of the internet, and as technology advnces, it will be much more difficult to get off the web if you are embroiled in a scandal, especially if your job includes social media awareness
*sigh*

I reckon you didn't expect a well-thought out reply
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Guru Gossip Discussion”