• Advertisement

Annoying things people on GG do

Re: Annoying things people on GG do

Postby Kale Contour » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:38 am

vikez wrote:The racism of some users...because honestly, this forum changed and in a bad direction.If previously I loved to read here even if I'm not the most active user this trend that your opinions are less because of your skin color really rubs me the wrong way. Also, the comments on youtubers' skin color is at least very bad taste.
No one can change their skin color, not the users, not the youtubers :tu:

This is definitely an issue!! When mostly white users constantly post about a black guru, commenting on her hair, and how she looks "dirty" or that she's "not black enough" because she wears weaves... PROBLEMATIC
Kale Contour
Gossiper
Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby idontknow » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:15 pm

People who feel the need to explain why they've been absent from posting. Especially when they say nothing to contribute to the discussion.

"Sorry I've been gone, I've just been super busy with xyz!"
No offense, but I didn't notice you were gone, and I also don't really care.
idontknow
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby RestingBitch » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:47 pm

Enjoy the bitching but the second they see something about themselves make videos or blog posts acting like GG is the worst thing in the world.
RestingBitch
Informer
Informer

Postby moonlightpixie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:04 pm

Hate it when ggers talk about their lives constantly. I get it when you want to make a point and you talk about your life but some people take it to the extreme and they always talk about themselves. Guess what! Nobody fucking cares
moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby Kale Contour » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:53 am

I know I've already posted in here lol - but I have new pet peeves!

This "I know Guru reads here so I'm gonna give them super real life advice" thing!!

This is so confusing, even if they were reading, obviously they wouldn't take advice from someone spending their time obsessing over people they don't even like and then fancying themselves Dr Phil on a trash thread???

That, and people who can't take a JOKE on a thread... Like they only want to talk about guru's taxes and rehash their last breakup /why they don't talk to randomchick anymore. And if you say "her brows are busted" then five people are like "Um, excuse me I'm related to Frida Kahlo and as an eyebrow cancer survivor I don't think you should make fun of people with eyebrows "

Yeah trash talk is supposed to be fun, but it's like some threads get a cash bonus for being boring.
Kale Contour
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby Gingerbint » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:53 am

:rofl: eyebrow cancer survivor :rofl: I fully agree with everything, nastiness for the sake of it is just a bit ridiculous. They're getting too worked up about someone they hate. Have a moan and move on
Gingerbint
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby God » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:57 am

- when people come to trash threads to white knight and correct other people.

- when people talk about their health problems and compare themselves to gurus

- when people say how much they work and compare themselves to the guru. i know honey, we all have normal jobs, others have 2-3 jobs in the same time and studies… i know life is hard and stressful for most of us, that’s why famous people should appreciate what they have, but that doesn’t mean you have to remind everyone every 5 seconds

- if i say something positive about a guru it doesn’t mean i like them, they’re still a shitty person.
God
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby Christyyy23 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:32 am

Some people really reach and exaggerate over stupid shit lol
Christyyy23
Learner
Learner

Postby Izabella » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:54 pm

"Following!"
Izabella
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby cinnamondonut » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:05 am

sososossoo much

- the "following!" or just putting an emoji or a full stop. just use the bookmarks, that's what it's there for

- this happens a lot in kalel and dani mansutti threads: people insisting that they have narcissistic personality disorder. for starters, you're not meant to diagnose youtubers because you haven't met or talked to them PLUS you're not a therapist. also, that's a pretty fucking intense psychological disorder to accuse them of having, maybe chill out?? whether they have it or not doesn't validate the things that they do so honestly drop it

- similarly, insisting on cosmetic procedures. because her boobs have looked a little bigger lately = boob job. they only look slightly bigger so idk how the fuck she's gonna get a boob job that barely changes their size ... it's probably different birth control or new bras or something k

- "hi [youtuber]!!!" every single fucking time someone defends a guru in a thread, its "HI I know that's u!! u read here!!" they probably fuckin don't read here mate, i know i wouldn't, and acting soooo smug that they do just makes you look kind of stupid

- this ones a bit controversial i guess, but people acting above-it-all about weight or appearance. honestly, its a fucking gossip website. you can't really come on here and be like "yeah trash their career, their friends, their videos, everything they've ever done or worked on BUT NOT THEIR APPEARANCE!"
like. come on. for starters, i know people are sensitive about weight but it's always gonna be something that's discussed because it's relevant to everyone. also, you're never gonna succeed trying to monitor people's words on a PUBLIC. FORUM. you can come in here and say "don't say her nose is ugly! don't talk about her weight!" but people can do it all they want because this is a public forum where opinions get voiced. sorry that it doesn't align with your weird morals ("i'll spend time on gossip websites trashing people's videos that they put a lot of effort into, but don't say that she has chubby legs!!! crossing th line!!!") but you can't do anythng about it
cinnamondonut
Informer
Informer

Postby moonlightpixie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:49 am

I think you are on the wrong site. This is how guru gossip works and it won't change anytime soon.Maybe this site isn't for you.
moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby I_only_envy_cats » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:01 pm

Some threads are incredibly harsh and instead of focusing on bad behavior offering objective criticism, they attack everything about the person, including seemingly normal stuff. Or they even deny someone's tangible skills at something (e.g. singing voice).

Other threads, on the other hand, low-key whiteknight the shit out of someone, only showing up when they need to defend that person. But they do that so mildly that it almost goes unnoticed.

I'm curious, has anyone noticed anything similar?
I_only_envy_cats
Informer
Informer

Postby ShotzMatti » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:45 am

I agree with I_only_envy_cats. Sometimes the criticisms are so extreme and wide-ranging that it’s laughable, and it makes it patently clear that it’s a jealous 16 year old doing the criticising, very often of an adult in an adult situation they couldn’t possibly understand. Non-parents that rip on parents for tiny little things are especially infuriating, although it’s 99% of the time down to massive naivety. As the saying goes, we’re all exemplary parents, and then we have kids.
ShotzMatti
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby Caropops » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:07 am

I_only_envy_cats wrote:Some threads are incredibly harsh and instead of focusing on bad behavior offering objective criticism, they attack everything about the person, including seemingly normal stuff. Or they even deny someone's tangible skills at something (e.g. singing voice).

Other threads, on the other hand, low-key whiteknight the shit out of someone, only showing up when they need to defend that person. But they do that so mildly that it almost goes unnoticed.

Yeah I think when "criticism" is so extreme it just makes people look like the bitter ones
Caropops
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby srirachujang » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:33 pm

Found this blog post addressing GG: https://superfitbabe.me/2016/01/19/tues ... ter-sites/

It basically tries to lay down what GG is all about and how not all users are just trolls and haters. But what do you all think?
srirachujang
Learner
Learner

Postby Nais rais » Fri May 11, 2018 2:46 pm

I_only_envy_cats wrote:Some threads are incredibly harsh and instead of focusing on bad behavior offering objective criticism, they attack everything about the person, including seemingly normal stuff. Or they even deny someone's tangible skills at something (e.g. singing voice).

I really agree with your first paragraph. And your second ones.... omg i did it myself.. lol

when I first registered in this forum 4 months ago. I still really like that youtuber. At first, I often did things that really should not be done in the trash thread. I'm a newbie who didn't know how to behave in a trash thread. I often kinda lowkey white knighting them in a subtle ways. but I think I did it too often for the guy. Because, every time I want to do it for the girl, there's always someone else who has done it first. Now, I know why that acts are very annoying to other poster. Because that is the trash thread. I should move to a rave thread if I want to do that. I kinda regret it now.
Nais rais
Debater
Debater

Postby xxnjlove » Fri May 11, 2018 4:46 pm

moonlightpixie wrote:I think you are on the wrong site. This is how guru gossip works and it won't change anytime soon.Maybe this site isn't for you.

does it matter? this is a section of the website that we can express what we hate about it.

ALSO, i feel like because they have alll this money people on here look at them like they have to be perfect and any flaw is critiqued, harddd sometimes unrealistically.
xxnjlove
Debater
Debater

Postby Kale Contour » Sat May 12, 2018 5:18 am

"I can't feel sorry for this guru and all her problems are fake because she has MONEY! I work 200 hours a week, am a full time medical student and raise 8 kids with back problems while paying off my student loans and this bitch gets paid to make videos!!!"

I understand life isn't fair and capitalism sucks, but so many of these comments just make the commenter sound greedy and ignorant. They never add anything to a thread.
Kale Contour
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby idontknow » Sat May 12, 2018 11:53 am

Kale Contour wrote:"I can't feel sorry for this guru and all her problems are fake because she has MONEY! I work 200 hours a week, am a full time medical student and raise 8 kids with back problems while paying off my student loans and this bitch gets paid to make videos!!!"

I understand life isn't fair and capitalism sucks, but so many of these comments just make the commenter sound greedy and ignorant. They never add anything to a thread.

Yessss. "They're complaining about waking up at 8:30? I wake up at 4:00AM EVERY day."
No one caaaares. This thread isn't about you.
idontknow
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby I_only_envy_cats » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:52 am

This site seems to be brimming with preachy vegans these days :roll: :roll: :roll:
I_only_envy_cats
Informer
Informer

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Guru Gossip Discussion
VigLink badge