Revlon Lip Butters

Regina Phalange
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Revlon Lip Butters

Post by Regina Phalange »

Sorry if there is a post about this already.

What are some of your favorite shades. Do you find these work well or is there a similar product that works better?

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Revlon Lip Butters

Post by Maris Crane »

I don't really like these. I prefer the L'Oreal Color Riche balms (less pigment - Tender Mauve, Nourishing Nude, Caring Coral - but actually moisturizing!) and Maybelline Color Whispers (no moisture eithers, but better pigmentation & smoother!)

The only Revlon butters I've kept have been Creamsicle (with Turkish Delight being the only way I can really wear it), as well as Peach Parfait, seasonal but great pigmentation. The last one is really grainy. I purged the rest I tried (Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart, one of the reds - bled with everything;. I never tried Creme Brule but I could tell by swatching it'd be way too brown on me...)

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

I have only the brown pinkish shades from the line. But, I think Maybelline color whispers are way more moisturizing

Regina Phalange
Informer
Informer

Thanks for the tips!

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

I love them. I have very dry lips and they are perfect for me. I have the browny shades which are great for work. I hate the L'Oreal one with a passion (I threw it away it was so bad). I've not tried the Maybelline ones.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

I have 8 of the Revlon lip butters. Most of them are nice. They're all pretty pigmented, but some of the darker ones are too slippery and creamy to work. My favorites are the brighter or lighter ones. Creme Brulee, Cotton Candy, Sugar Plum, Sugar Frosting, Tutti Frutti and the two new ones are really nice. The ones I don't like are the darker ones like Red Velvet and then the ones with a lot of shimmer like Gumdrop. So yeah they're a little hit or miss, but overall I like them.

In comparison I hated the L'Oreal ones. I thought the colors were atrocious. They all looked like mud. The Maybelline ones are okay, but they're similar to Revlon in that they're hit and miss.

Lilac
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lilac »

Pink Truffle is my favorite Revlon lip butter ... in the Maybelline I really like the lust for blush one :)

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

Yea Pink Truffle is definitely my favorite. I really don't like the orange crappy one. It make me look so darn silly

Fatma
Learner
Learner

Post by Fatma »

I got one to try after everyone kept raving about them. I think mine is Macron. I hated it, it's sparkly which I don't like at all and it wasn't moisturizing on my lips.

jnkgossip
Informer
Informer

Post by jnkgossip »

I like them however the melt VERY easily. Never leave them out in the sun over 10 minutes. Lesson learned.

xyewrminex
Talker
Talker

Post by xyewrminex »

My favourite shades are Pink Truffle, Brown Sugar, Sugar Plum and Raspberry Pie.

Louis Vweeton
Informer
Informer

Post by Louis Vweeton »

I absolutely love Cherry Tart (on to my 4th tube by now). It's like an easy perfect everyday red lip for Asian skin. Also love Peach Parfait and Macaroon but I don't use them as much as Cherry Tart.
Formerly known as charmeleon1, now in tribute of OrganizedLikeJen/MyHousewifeLife

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

My favorite color is raspberry pie I think it's called. It's like a slightly darker version of my lip color.

I prefer the burt's bees tinted lipbalms.
imma ball til the day i fall

Mew
Debater
Debater

Post by Mew »

I love them! I have five of them ^^" I'm also able to get away with using them as a balm which is nice

rilakkuma_style
Learner
Learner

Post by rilakkuma_style »

Pink truffle was recommended to me, but to me honest, I didn't like it, and I've seen other people the same skin shade as me, and it looks fine on then. Not sure why it looks tacky on me.

My favourite by far is Fig Jam! It seems like a crazy colour, (probably because it's a brown? kinda sense) but it's actually a sheer maroon tint! I love it! It gives a vintage feel to your look, and looks really nice if you're wearing a black top!

lipstickliquor
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lipstickliquor »

Raspberry Pie is definitely my favourite. I love the colour of Wild Watermelon but for some reason it bleeds round the edges of my lips really easily, even if I wear it with a lip liner. :/ No other lipsticks do this to me, just that one!

seanymph
Debater
Debater

Post by seanymph »

Do they rub off easily? They seem like they would...

Regina Phalange
Informer
Informer

I picked up the berry smoothie and I like it. I want to try sweet tart and pink truffle but they didn't have them in stock

Return to “Revlon”