Revlon's Frost and Glow Kit?

shredsofvanity
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Revlon's Frost and Glow Kit?

Post by shredsofvanity »

Hello all! I'm hoping someone will see this before tomorrow and I figured this would be the best place to ask. After extensive research, I bought Revlons Frost and Glow highlighting Kit today. Has anyone ever used it before? I've dyed my hair at home several times before so I'm pretty familiar with the process but I've never highlighted it at home before.

I have medium to dark brown hair and ideally, I'd like my hair to be a caramel color so I'm not entirely sure how long I should leave on the bleach for. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I had some blonde, though. I also read that I should just go buy a metal hook instead of using the plastic one that comes in the box and I was wondering if its worth making the trip to Sally's.

All tips are appreciated! :)
Mama to Caleb and Sebastian. <3

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Revlon's Frost and Glow Kit?

Post by BellaJane »

I've had terrible experiences with cap kits like that. They were really popular when I was in middle school. Idk why though because they never worked. The first one I tried, I used the plastic hook that came with it and it made massive holes in the cap. The dye leaked through the holes in the cap and I had patches of bleached hair. The second time I tried it with a metal hook and it scratched my head up terribly. Scabs and bruises for weeks. And that one didn't even color my hair at all :( I hate those kits. My only tip if you're using one of these kits would be be careful. It takes a long time, especially if you have a rubber cap (idk if they do those anymore though?). And pay close attention to where you're pulling the hair from. It can be hard to tell with the cap on.

lipsticklover143
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Revlon's Frost and Glow Kit?

Post by lipsticklover143 »

I tried this a couple of weeks ago and it didn't make hardly any difference in my hair. You basically couldn't tell I had done anything.

Return to “Revlon”