Sephora rage over Kat Von D lipstick ?!

HeroineHaleyD
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sephora rage over Kat Von D lipstick ?!

Post by HeroineHaleyD »

Has anyone seen the NONSENSE going around about how people are "outraged" about Kat Von D's lipstick named 'underage red'...

Can we talk about the fact Too Faced came out with with a cream shadow names JAILBAIT. Which is essentially the same name - but WORSE.
I don't understand how people even have the audacity to say something when their 13 year old is out buying blush named 'deep throat'.
Smh.

HaleyD .. [GEM STONE][FIRE]

Pygmy_Puff
Learner
Learner

Re: Sephora rage over Kat Von D lipstick ?!

Post by Pygmy_Puff »

I love her studded kiss collection,i thought the name was a little odd for like a second. Where is this uproar happening?
I don't see what the big deal is, it's just a lipstick.

like-a-dq-blizzard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by like-a-dq-blizzard »

At first I thought the name was odd, but wasn't there a back story to it on her blog? Like she named it after a memory of getting kicked out of a concert she snuck into as a kid or something.

I think it's just gonna be one of those things people are going to be upset about for another month. I'm imagining the people who are upset are from conservative backgrounds and worry about exposing their kids to sex prematurely.

However, if 13-year-olds are anything like the ones I knew when I was in middle school, this lipstick isn't exposing them to anything unusual. These are things in the TV shows they watch, their video games, the movies they watch, the ads they see, the jokes and comments they overhear when those telling them don't realize they are in mixed company. Some of the things kids are exposed to are even worse than a makeup product named in poor taste. I see where it's coming from, but I think it's a huge overreaction. :|

Japanlover666
Informer
Informer

Post by Japanlover666 »

LOL most ridiculous thing ever. I agree with crazy town, just something people will get mad about for a month and then get over it. Sorry, but I don't see the big deal.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

I agree, it's overreaction. There are far more distasteful names out there. The average teen wouldn't be that interested in Kat Von D lipsticks anyway.

Nickelliebear
Learner
Learner

Post by Nickelliebear »

I'm just transitioning out of life as a sephora cast member so I sure have. It all started with one person snapping a picture of the display (with the name) and a bunch of people hopped on to rage about it. I'm sorry, but if "underage red" please don't read any names in Urban Decay (drug references), NARS (sexual innuendo) or even Too Faced, which is meant to appeal to a younger audience with the cute packaging.

KVD went forward and told the backstory relating it to her teen years where she was wearing a similar hue and was kicked out for being underage. She didn't really apologize (so there's more controversy) so lord knows what sephora will do. They pulled LC due to the critique of their clients and KVD is one of the focus brands. -shrug-

I'm sorry but I wish I had so little to worry about that I could choose to get super butt hurt over a lipstick name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

I'm so glad she didn't change the name, and I don't even buy her products all that often. If people are really worried about underage sex/the sexualization of minors maybe they should be outraged over child trafficking or the age of consent or media representation of young girls or the sexual assault of young girls instead of being angry over a lipstick. :roll:

Maybe people were mad that there's another lipstick called "Lolita" in that line and tried to make it something that it wasn't?
:toss:

familyvacationhome
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by familyvacationhome »

People get their panties in a bunch over the strangest things.

Return to “Sephora”