Canadian online Sephora shopping

PL18
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Canadian online Sephora shopping

Post by PL18 »

I started noticing earlier this year, that when I place an order online, my points are awarded based on the U.S. value of a product, and not the CDN $ that I paid. For instance, I just ordered Best Bite Remix set for C$29, but I was awarded 23 points, because in the US it sells for US$23. Since I first noticed this, I started emailing CS each time, and CS corrects my points.

I thought I was pretty close to requalifying for VIB, so I decided to use the list of my past orders on the Sephora site to add up my 'qualifying spend' ( dollars after discounts, before taxes, duties, and shipping spent this calendar year ). I was over the C$350 the Canadian site says is required, so I wrote to Sephora CS asking for it to be corrected and my VIB status renewed for 2015.

CS wrote back, saying it needed to be US$350, so I still had to spend another C$23. Now, I know I will be spending more than that in the next 2 months, but still, I am missing points, and points=free stuff! Also, the system contradicts what the website says.

I wrote back, quoting the Sephora sites, where it says "C$350" on the Canadian Sephora, and "$350" on the U.S. site.

I got a form letter back saying,
Your account is being researched and reviewed for VIB re-qualifications. Please keep in mind that it may take up to 2 weeks to complete the process.
Have any other Canadian online Sephora shoppers had this happen? How did it turn out?

cp24251
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Canadian online Sephora shopping

Post by cp24251 »

I did not notice this until now…thanks for the heads up.
I probably should email CS too given that I usually order online for products not in stock in my local Sephora…
Last year during the VIB sale Sephora messed up one of my orders and I had to email about 5 times/call in 3 times to get everything fixed. I feel that with Sephora CS you have to try multiple times in order to get anything resolved, so frustrating :( Let me know how your situation turns out.

Also, I hate how they charge Canadian shoppers for customs now. From what I remember around this time last year they did NOT charge customs - just your standard HST. I don't know what made them change their policies though

PL18
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PL18 »

The mods/reps on the Sephora BeautyTalk board seemed interested in helping, but nothing has changed on my account yet. I'm guessing that the "2 weeks to complete the process" is wait time until the correction shows?

PL18
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PL18 »

All fixed as of today, but Canadians need to email after each order to get the right points.

Mew
Debater
Debater

Post by Mew »

I've always had this problem too.. So annoying having to message CS every single time I make an order >.<

Return to “Sephora”