PokeitPokeit
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

LightByCoco

Post by PokeitPokeit »

[youtube][/youtube]

After finding her on the OrganizedLikeJen thread I feel like she is a breath of fresh air on the YT community. I saw that many started talking about here there so I guess this would be a better place for that.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: LightByCoco

Post by loopyloo »

Coco is definitely inspiring me to become more minimalist. Mind you, her videos have renewed my desire for a Bayswater! Perhaps I will start selling off some of my stuff to pay for it so I won't feel guilty!

Tea_and_Crumpets
Informer
Informer

Post by Tea_and_Crumpets »

I love her. Thanks to one of you wonderful GG-er in the OLJ thread for posting that recommendation. Like you loopyloo she's inspiring me to be more of a minimalist, have less clutter and only make key purchases. I love when she says matter of factly that she doesn't like to buy things just for the sake of having things - which is so the opposite of most YT-ers these days!

I'm also coveting that Mulberry bag. Makes me feel ashamed that if you add up all the low-end designer bags in my closet - Coach, Kate Spade, Longchamp and others - I could afford one of those :( She's such a good role model.

mygotobackuplife
Learner
Learner

Post by mygotobackuplife »

Coco is just starting, but I'm hoping her channel catches on and grows into something that fills a real void. There are so many channels dedicated to shopping/spending/me me me. From what I've seen so far, her channel could be a wonderful counterpoint to that, with focusing on making conscious choices about purchases, quality over quantity, and (particularly thinking as opposed to OLJ is) how freeing it is to travel with less.

She mentioned in her comments that she wasn't always in the less is more school of thought. Still being so young, I hope she does a video where she discusses how/why she moved toward her current path.

As for that bag, if I was looking for a new one, that is the one I'd want. In the past I would've shied away based on the price and the feeling that if I had it, it would mostly live in its protective bag in my closet for fear of damaging it. Seeing her use it in a very practical, functional way in the what's in my work bag video made me realize that I could use and love a bag like that every day.

mygotobackuplife
Learner
Learner

PokeitPokeit wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

After finding her on the OrganizedLikeJen thread I feel like she is a breath of fresh air on the YT community. I saw that many started talking about here there so I guess this would be a better place for that.
Project 333 is great, it really makes you think about how you put together a wardrobe that is comfortable, flattering and versatile. It is also where I discovered Coco. I've been doing a modified version for a while, but finally stepping into it all the way! Getting dressed is so much easier and I always look like I thought about what without really having to think about it at all. The space in the closet is also great!

Tea_and_Crumpets
Informer
Informer

Her new Tag video is so cute and genuine.

[youtube][/youtube]

New reason to love her. She was into video games as a kid, and not faking it like other gurus.

Rory0425
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rory0425 »

Tea_and_Crumpets wrote:Her new Tag video is so cute and genuine.

[youtube][/youtube]

New reason to love her. She was into video games as a kid, and not faking it like other gurus.
I love her accent!

Tea_and_Crumpets
Informer
Informer

^^ Yep I've got a major girl crush on her.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

Tea_and_Crumpets wrote:I love her. Thanks to one of you wonderful GG-er in the OLJ thread for posting that recommendation. Like you loopyloo she's inspiring me to be more of a minimalist, have less clutter and only make key purchases. I love when she says matter of factly that she doesn't like to buy things just for the sake of having things - which is so the opposite of most YT-ers these days!

I'm also coveting that Mulberry bag. Makes me feel ashamed that if you add up all the low-end designer bags in my closet - Coach, Kate Spade, Longchamp and others - I could afford one of those :( She's such a good role model.
I have never been a major shopaholic, but like you i look at my stuff and realise if i had bought less i could have saved up for my dream items by now.

BTW, if anyone is in a decluttering mood the annual 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge starts to day. You don't need to fill a whole bag every day BTW. I am having a go this year.

PokeitPokeit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PokeitPokeit »

Loved the tag too. She is just so nice. I think her and DoItOnADime are the only youtubers that I am actually looking forward to see a new video from.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

PokeitPokeit wrote:Loved the tag too. She is just so nice. I think her and DoItOnADime are the only youtubers that I am actually looking forward to see a new video from.
I have been trying to find other people like them, but am really struggling. A lot of the budget/minimalism channels seem to be full of housewives talking about their kids a lot and people who want to move to the country and keep chickens. So not me!

mygotobackuplife
Learner
Learner

loopyloo wrote:
Tea_and_Crumpets wrote:I love her. Thanks to one of you wonderful GG-er in the OLJ thread for posting that recommendation. Like you loopyloo she's inspiring me to be more of a minimalist, have less clutter and only make key purchases. I love when she says matter of factly that she doesn't like to buy things just for the sake of having things - which is so the opposite of most YT-ers these days!

I have never been a major shopaholic, but like you i look at my stuff and realise if i had bought less i could have saved up for my dream items by now.

BTW, if anyone is in a decluttering mood the annual 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge starts to day. You don't need to fill a whole bag every day BTW. I am having a go this year.
I'm in for 40 bags, though day 1 will be a box of things to go!

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

mygotobackuplife wrote:
loopyloo wrote:

I'm in for 40 bags, though day 1 will be a box of things to go!
Awesome! Day 1 is a bag of books I am donating to charity bookstore, day 2 tackling magazine pile and this weekend I think I may tackle toiletries.

mygotobackuplife
Learner
Learner

How are the 40 bags coming along, loopyloo? I've done books, movies, magazines, cleaning products, shoes, and a miscellaneous mystery box of odds and ends so far. Need to pick something good for tomorrow!

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

mygotobackuplife wrote:How are the 40 bags coming along, loopyloo? I've done books, movies, magazines, cleaning products, shoes, and a miscellaneous mystery box of odds and ends so far. Need to pick something good for tomorrow!
Okay thanks. I am one bag behind, but that is fine as I will catch up. I have done books, magazines (some were from 2012!!!), toiletries, clothes and paperwork. I am already beginning to see a difference. I notice some people online have written down all 40 areas to tackle and I am wondering whether to do that to.

mygotobackuplife
Learner
Learner

I've had the same person take my bags at the charity shop the last few times. Yesterday I was asked if I was giving everything away I own. I take that as a sign. I am doing it right! Long ways to go, but am happy to see a difference everywhere I've been thinning out.

mygotobackuplife
Learner
Learner

Coco has a new bathroom tour vlog uploaded. Watching I can only imagine Jen trying to live like this. By day three she'd be curled up in the fetal position caressing a Lush bath bomb I suspect.

Took six boxes/bags to the charity shop over the weekend, loopyloo and had two others for recycle/trash. Still making progress on your clear out?

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

mygotobackuplife wrote:Coco has a new bathroom tour vlog uploaded. Watching I can only imagine Jen trying to live like this. By day three she'd be curled up in the fetal position caressing a Lush bath bomb I suspect.

Took six boxes/bags to the charity shop over the weekend, loopyloo and had two others for recycle/trash. Still making progress on your clear out?
Yes, but it is going slow so my bags are small sometimes. I did walk past the charity shop last week and see that the books I donated have pride of place in the window!

I see Coco is making a video about why she became a minimalist. I can't wait to see it. I wish Jen would watch it, but that's never going to happen!

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

I have just watched Coco's video about why she became a minimalist and I can really relate to a lot of what she said. I definitely wish some other YTers would watch it too!

PoorUnfortunateSoul
Learner
Learner

Post by PoorUnfortunateSoul »

I love love love Coco! Her thoughts towards having "stuff" is so inspiring. If my family and I spent less money on everyday things that we don't have to have, we could use that money towards bigger things (vacations, nicer items, etc.)
I've always had the idea of not buying things that we don't need, like not having a computer only iPads, no cable only Netflix, one car. But she takes minimalism to a whole new level for me. Really gets me thinking.
I do think she could use a little apartment decor, though ;)

Return to “LightByCoco”