LightByCoco

snowbunny
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LightByCoco

Post by snowbunny »

I still love Coco, she's just so naturally ... engaging? Can't believe she's all of 25 and ten times more mature than some of the YTbers out there.

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

It's kind of fortunate that she's moving/traveling so much recently, otherwise I feel like she would really be lacking in YouTube content... I think she does a pretty good job of thinking of creative topics to discuss on her channel.

DoneLurking
Learner
Learner

Post by DoneLurking »

So this past week's video was a good example of why Coco is boing to me now. How is her showing a bunch of stuff she owns any different from a haul video? You pop in once a week for a two minute video that has next to no substance? Not even a quick talkover at the beginning?

I do appreciate that the video was done well and probably took quite a while to put together...but it's all show and no substance. That's super boring.

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

i watched the latest video - her unpacking from 2.5 weeks in Amsterdam. There is something i'm curious about. When she was first doing packing videos, she used these really awesome space saving cubes that appeared she loved. In this video, they were no where in sight. Sure they could have been used for her husband's side of the suitcase, but why wouldn't each have their own set of cubes. Now i wonder if that previous video was sponsored.

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by badbitchlikethis »

I'm still enjoying her videos, I am just amazed at how little she lives off of. I'm very into organizing, decluttering, and having a small wardrobe, but Coco just takes it to another level. I think I would get very bored only wearing black, white, and grey clothing. I work on keeping my wardrobe small yet comprehensive but I still enjoy color and prints. I guess that's just her style

I'm also amazed how she manages to live in small, very sparse apartments. I clean and declutter my apartment regularly, as well as make shopping lists of items I am thinking about purchasing (so I can keep track of necessary or unnecessary items) and I think she still has 1/8th of the stuff I have! Also where they choose to live... my apartment is not The Ritz by any means but wow, I could not imagine living in college housing facilities with my husband. No thank you lol.

DoneLurking
Learner
Learner

Post by DoneLurking »

Time for another break! I seriously think that Coco should take a page out of Un-Fancy's book and quit while she's ahead. I'm thinking she has run out of things to say. But this time she has said there will be videos every 2-3 weeks, which was smart on her part if she ever does want to come back with more consistent content.

And maybe it's just me, but it seems like the trendiness of minimalism is wearing off...

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by badbitchlikethis »

I can't believe she's "letting go" of her videos so much. Kind of disappointing.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

I used to LOVE her, and I still do enjoy her videos for the most part. But she comes across as kind of smug to me in videos now. Does anyone else see it too?

heyheyheynow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by heyheyheynow »

PrncssProtnPowdr wrote:I used to LOVE her, and I still do enjoy her videos for the most part. But she comes across as kind of smug to me in videos now. Does anyone else see it too?
Definitely. Just the fact that she made a video explaining her break makes me think she's got a bit of an ego. She only has 42,000 subscribers. I might have noticed if she stopped videos for months on end, but she's not big enough that I would notice if she switched from once a week to every 3 weeks. TBH I didn't even realize she did videos weekly!

I think she just ran out of ideas. That's the trouble with minimalism - once you live off of and consume so little, there's rarely anything new to show.

DoneLurking
Learner
Learner

Post by DoneLurking »

Did Coco use YouTube as a way to launch a modeling career? Given the way she filmed her capsule wardrobe videos and some of the glamour selfies she has posted on Instagram that wouldn't surprise me in the least.

(She just posted an instagram about what she puts in her bag for "a shoot" and it includes face wipes and mascara so I assume she's the subject and not the photographer)

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

i just caught up on Coco...she is definitely running out of ideas and maybe not knowing how to plan videos. or not really knowing how to properly time manage. i'm waiting for her road trip across america videos. if she planned well, she could have nabbed a few shots/clips that didn't include her family, if she doesn't want to invade their privacy, like her Krakow, London and previous other vlogs/videos.

i get that minimalism doesn't allow for a ton of haul videos to show off the shiny and new, but haul videos get boring after a while. there is so much she can do on the subject of living light....i don't think she had fully thought things through when she started the journey.

but i admire that she did say it was something fun for her. if it is true, and she doesn't want to stress getting content up all the time, then okay...but i hope she sticks to that and isn't just saying it. cause there are so many you tubers out there who are just doing it for the money, and not for fun anymore.

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

Her videos feel so scripted lately...

cocopoo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cocopoo »

Her videos have become repetitive. I know she mentioned that she wants to step away from the stress of creating content, and just share when she feels like it, but she does seem to have run out of ideas.

I want to add that I have Coco to thank for introducing me to minimalism, while I am not a minimalist, it has helped me so much with so many parts of my life, really life changing, so thanks Coco.

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

She posted on her website a couple days ago that she will no longer be making content dueto the stress of taking on YouTube along with a full-time job. Looks like she deteted all her content too. It's too bad because even though her videos had be keeping a bit repetitive, I did enjoy her content. However, I slrespect her reasons for leaving YouTube.

Return to “LightByCoco”