essiebutton

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: essiebutton

Post by dazzle »

I don't think that's anything bad? I hate it when popular youtubers or blogs don't invest in a good camera. After all Estée is making a good amount of money with her channel and also her blog, so it's only fair to buy the right equipment for it.
Besides she's probably sharing it with Aslan.
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

saywhatyouwanttome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwanttome »

Yeah, with blogging you get out what you put in. A good camera seems worth it.

gonebabygone
Informer
Informer

Post by gonebabygone »

Yeah, it seems like a pretty good investment. I always like her image and video quality.

gonebabygone
Informer
Informer

Post by gonebabygone »

IDK maybe she didn't want a DSLR and just wanted a semi-pro. I'm not familiar with this particular model but seems to be doing a good enough job.

shitgurussay
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shitgurussay »

i've just watched a few videos of estee from 2011 and immediately loved how 'real' she seemed, i loved that she wasn't squeaky clean innocent like tanya burr and fleurdeforce, i love that she has/had a bit of a wild side and moved to a new country so young and went on a road trip with a guy she just met. Obviously it was kind of stupid and niave but hey people who are young and free should be doing reckless things! i personally think it's just natural.
From what i've seen and what i've read on here, she sounds like she's pretty well off, but this doesn't really bother me, all these big youtubers seem well off so whatever, if the girl want to buy £50 eye creams let her! it's not like it is actually affecting you personally!
with the christmas thing, i don't think it was really as bad as everyone on here is making out, i actually had a very similar experience last christmas and even though me and my bf were upset it wasn't a life changing experience!
I will start watching more of her recent videos, and i sincerely hope she won't change too much and morph into the la gang clone!

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

lips wrote:She could of gotten a cheaper better camera from Nikon or canon...that Olympus is way overpriced, but thats what bugs me about her; sometimes it seems like she mindlessly invests in expensive items without sense. but hey it's not my money.
lips wrote:DSLR would be like $300-400 cheaper. And they have auto modes that a monkey could operate...
Yeah, but the thing is she can afford it. It's not like she's on a budget, really. If I wanted a particular camera and had the money, I wouldn't waste my time looking for something cheaper.
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

Shneck Ache
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Shneck Ache »

dazzle wrote:
lips wrote:She could of gotten a cheaper better camera from Nikon or canon...that Olympus is way overpriced, but thats what bugs me about her; sometimes it seems like she mindlessly invests in expensive items without sense. but hey it's not my money.
lips wrote:DSLR would be like $300-400 cheaper. And they have auto modes that a monkey could operate...
Yeah, but the thing is she can afford it. It's not like she's on a budget, really. If I wanted a particular camera and had the money, I wouldn't waste my time looking for something cheaper.
Unless you're doing professional photo work, and I'm talking print work here, a DSLR camera body is really all you need to take excellent photos exactly like the ones Estee is posting on her blog and the video on her channel (if she's using it for video). Honestly - from what I've seen she's not doing anything with flash or anything that would require a super sophisticated camera body. But she may be doing things outside her blog that require a nicer camera body.

Where you really want to spend money is in your lenses. Save some money on the camera body by going DSLR and then spend that extra dough on a really good $300-$900 lens.
I'm the poster formerly known as BigFatRoses

gonebabygone
Informer
Informer

Post by gonebabygone »

Found this on her blog: "Luckily my boyfriend is a bit of a camera nut so he lets me use his equipment for my beauty documentation!"

So it's Aslan's, not Estée's, and it's actually economical because she didn't buy her own and just borrows whatever camera Aslan bought.

Post by Guest »

i'm so happy she started a vlog channel. I actually love seeing her vlogs they're so refreshing from some of the more superficial LA vloggers (and some of the londoners as well).

cocoapuff
Informer
Informer

Post by cocoapuff »

I feel like she has changed a little bit from her old videos, but I still really enjoy watching her. The random silly moments are fun and make her seem more real and genuine :) She seems like she would be an interesting person to meet and fun to talk to.

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

I love me some Essiebutton. I think she is beautiful and charming. Her life fascinates me. Many people complain about her spending and all the expensive stuff they (she and Aslan) spend their money on, but I enjoy looking at the nice stuff they have. I like living vicariously through them and their experiences/travels. I also like their esthetic and the way they enjoy decorating their home. :)

BeccaBxo
Learner
Learner

Post by BeccaBxo »

i love that she is so real! she is literally the everyday girl (personality wise) sometimes i laugh at what comes out of her mouth, so weird but in the best way

BeccaBxo
Learner
Learner

Post by BeccaBxo »

and i love that she is Canadian! I know that she cant control her nationality haha so its not necessarily something to "love" about her, but im a Canadian too and there is sooo not enough Canadian gurus and youtubers!

paulaxo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by paulaxo »

Hey guys! I was wondering if any of you know what shoe size Essie is? She has once mentioned that her feet are 'huge' but she never told her shoe size! Also, does anyone know her dress size too? I know it's a bit random, but GOSH she looks so healthy and amazing lately!

Thanks x

potete
Talker
Talker

Post by potete »

oddxsox wrote:I love Esteé but o.m.g her camera she uses for blog photos is over £1000! http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis ... =af_141319 this was the link to it from her FAQ page on her blog. Maybe you could get it cheaper elswhere, I haven't looked. She has lovely photoa but...that much for a camera..to use for your blog? Woah
1000 pounds is not that much for a good camera. The link doesn't work for me so I can't see which one she has, but 1000 pounds is pretty standard if you want a versitile camera. I think maybe she and Aslan sometimes invest in cameras together, seeing as he seems to be quite interested in photography.

potete
Talker
Talker

Post by potete »

paulaxo wrote:Hey guys! I was wondering if any of you know what shoe size Essie is? She has once mentioned that her feet are 'huge' but she never told her shoe size! Also, does anyone know her dress size too? I know it's a bit random, but GOSH she looks so healthy and amazing lately!

Thanks x
She isn't too tall, nor too thin, so I'd say her dress size is maybe 8 (UK)? I can't estimate about her shoe size, haven't seen enough of her feet lol.

Ophelia
Informer
Informer

Post by Ophelia »

I've been watching a lot of her vlogs lately and her voice/accent is the only one out of all of the youtubers I watch that my boyfriend will tolerate and actually stay in the room for, lol.

badrobot
Learner
Learner

Post by badrobot »

I actually really love Estée I know she does a lot of sponsorship and doesn't seem like herself lately but I still support her and think she's awesome and genuine <3
English is not my first language Sorry! :?

mmeroyale1
Learner
Learner

Post by mmeroyale1 »

i don't mind the sponsorship either but something is definitely happening with her :( im worried too cause lets take a moment to put ourselves in her shoes and think how hard it must be to go through a rough patch in life so far from home. I mean...I'm assuming something is in fact happening because it seems pretty obvious in the latest like...6 videos or so. If she were to read this I'd totally say to her that I don't mind if a video looks professional or artsy or anything, I care more about empathy with the personality of the youtuber and lately I've been more concerned about her than entertained. I hope she gets better tho <3

90cony90
Learner
Learner

Post by 90cony90 »

I actually enjoy watching Essie's tutorials, they are always fresh and simple. When I started wearing makeup I find her videos quite helpful.

Return to “Estee Lalonde”